Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 01:58 PM

7 posts, read 8,779 times

Advertisements

Well, I am 25 and from the midwest (Indiana) and have lived all over the country.. and Denver with no question where my heart is and will stay. I am single and its hard for me to go out cause due to a job I got out of that consumed my time out. There are plenty of singles here, and the great thing is that the girls here are very outdoorsy, very laid back, cool, easy to get to know, and awesome! You will always have some that don't belong here and those are the ones you speak of... my email is [EMAIL="linwacker@msn.com"]linwacker@msn.com[/EMAIL]... this is my first time on here. and for rubywaterfall you would be making a great choice moving here. its a hidden gem that more and more people keep finding out about. you should email me too and you will have a friend when you move here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2016, 03:17 AM

511 posts, read 402,473 times
Hey, there Denverites (hope I got that right), I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm a single guy looking to relocate out of the Phoenix area which is a bit too "straight laced" for a guy like myself, and Denver is near the top of the list... but all this chatter I hear about Denver being a sausage festival / terrible place for single guys is causing a fair share of trepidation about me considering it. One of the big reasons for relocating is I'm at a place in my life/career where I'd like to date around more and try to meet the right person, and Arizona has proven in my case a really bum market. Def looking to upgrade here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfilms View Post
For example, here in Capital Hill, I hardly ever see a man dressed up in fashionable "upscale" clothing, it's all about chain wallets and black/dark colors. In chicago or LA, more guys you'll see wearing button down shirts, jeans, and nice shoes who are well groomed.
See, that's more my angle, if I have an angle (well, I retired the chain drive a while ago). While I've been reasonably successful in my career, I've never been one to thumb through the pages of GQ picking out my clothes. My grooming is fine, I'm just more of a muso/creative/"cool" type like you describe seeking my own level. Not sure if the denizens of City-Data have any appreciation for those of us with a bit more of an edge (we don't bite... unless you're into that), but paint me a picture of the area if you can.

Last edited by Mr_Polymath; 06-01-2016 at 03:27 AM..

Old 06-01-2016, 06:42 AM

112 posts, read 124,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubywaterfall View Post
Wow, it is nice to hear guys say they don't like the "sorority type girl". I am a 26-year old female who will probably be moving to Denver this summer. I am more of the sensible type who isn't so superficial and likes outdoor stuff. From reading the online forums I have noticed many other single women like me moving to Denver for similar reasons...i.e. better place for singles, access to recreation, etc. Looks like there are slightly more men than women though..
From the 2000 census (for Denver proper):

61000 men, aged 25-35
52000 women, aged 25-35
ditto

Old 06-01-2016, 04:30 PM

658 posts, read 1,894,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InVaForNow View Post
The highest number of single women is definitely Washington DC. (Trust me, I know!)
100% agree with that. In my opinion go onto a dating service and do a search for what you like in a woman in Denver and see what is spit back.

DC was crawling with all types of women - from ultra ambitious ivy-lawyers, to punk rock/metal girls. But, it was tough meeting them. There were so many places to go and things to do that your dream girl could be living a block away, but you would never meet unless you happened to be in the same place. I would imagine that is true in most larger cities. I actually met my wife on Match - she lived about 10 miles away, which does not sound too far, but in DC it might as well be another timezone. Had it not been for Match we would never have met even though we both like a lot of the same things. We went out for four years and have been married for two. So, get on a dating site and have at it.

Old 06-01-2016, 05:41 PM

214 posts, read 260,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Polymath View Post
Hey, there Denverites (hope I got that right), I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm a single guy looking to relocate out of the Phoenix area which is a bit too "straight laced" for a guy like myself, and Denver is near the top of the list... but all this chatter I hear about Denver being a sausage festival / terrible place for single guys is causing a fair share of trepidation about me considering it. One of the big reasons for relocating is I'm at a place in my life/career where I'd like to date around more and try to meet the right person, and Arizona has proven in my case a really bum market. Def looking to upgrade here.

See, that's more my angle, if I have an angle (well, I retired the chain drive a while ago). While I've been reasonably successful in my career, I've never been one to thumb through the pages of GQ picking out my clothes. My grooming is fine, I'm just more of a muso/creative/"cool" type like you describe seeking my own level. Not sure if the denizens of City-Data have any appreciation for those of us with a bit more of an edge (we don't bite... unless you're into that), but paint me a picture of the area if you can.
The dating scene in Denver is indeed terrible for men, just like every other tech hub city.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:02 AM

511 posts, read 402,473 times
Jeez. Sounds awful. Wonder where it is I should go. I'm tired of being lonely.

Old 06-02-2016, 05:52 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,638,670 times
I'd have no desire to move to an area where men so greatly outnumber women.

I'm looking for exactly the opposite situation.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:06 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,565,172 times
Quote:
The people who replied are the most grumpy, anti Denver folks on this board. Take it with a grain of salt.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:35 AM

5,362 posts, read 5,139,050 times
Quote:
I won't lie, it does feel like the odds are biased against you because there really is a gender gap. This means that online dating and other things like that are even less effective than elsewhere.

That being said, there is a big young population, so it should be reasonably easy to find people your age to hang out with. And the females that are there tend to be more fit, making them more attractive than some non-fit ones across the nation.

They are out there, it just takes more work to find them with the gender imbalance. That doesn't mean you won't find one or that it's a guarantee if you go to somewhere like DC.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:07 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
I'm not single but if I was-I wouldn't be looking around in Denver. I have yet to see a man that completely makes me turn my head and I've been here 3 years...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver