Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 08:54 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,739,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbiexxx View Post
I am not going to eat anything [for one week] and when i get the slightest bit hungry i will have some chewing gum.
You'll fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbiexxx View Post
but the thing is nothing works
You just need to change your habits.
You just need to make smart decisions.
You just need to chew 20 times.
You just need to drink plenty of water.
You just need to eat plenty of veggies, chicken, and fish.
You just need to eat smaller portions. .
You just need to be conscious of what your are eating.
You just need to not eat carbs.
You just need to not eat fat.
You just need to count your calories.
You just need to not worry about calories.
You just need to eat slower.
You just need to exercise more.
You just need to eat 19 smaller meals.
You just need to not eat after 5PM.
You just need to not associated with overweight people.
You just need to hang out with overweight people as a motivator.
You just need to eat whatever you want; just eat less of it.
You just need to not eat whatever you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 08:09 PM

7,115 posts, read 12,657,474 times
The very best diet in whole wide world, courtesy of author Michael Pollan, who wrote the books Ominvore's Dilemma and In Defense of Food:

1. Eat food (and make that real food, not "food-like substances invented in a food lab, filled with chemicals).
Not too much.

2. Not too much.

3. Mostly vegetables.

There you have it. It's easy! Simple, elegant, no fancy recipes or special foods or supplements to buy. Are you willing to do it???

Problem is, not too many of us are willing to give up our pizza, chips, ice cream, hamburgers, nacho's, sodas, both diet and whole, sweetened ice teas and fake fruit juices filled with sugar of high fructose corn syrup, and cakes, pies, doughnuts and cookies.

And exercise portion control.

Forget the triple cheeseburgers with bacon, bags of chips and large orders of fries...and vanilla milkshakes. Sure you love them. Or do you love slimness and good health more??

Until we're willing to change, EVERY diet's going to fail. Sure you many lose some pounds while dieting, but don't they just come right back on after the diet's abandoned and the usual way of eating is assumed??

It takes a new life-long eating practice to replace our high caloric, high-fat, high salt and high sugar current way of eating.

Sorry, but the Cookie Diet, Atkins, and all the rest of the latest diets, pill,s products and schemes are doomed to fail until we change our way of eating for life...forever.

Sorry, don't mean to be cynical, but Ive been there, done that. Now I'm eating mostly vegetarian and don't battle with weight any more...what a relief...Thanks, Michael Pollan!! At last someone made sense to me.

Last edited by LittleDolphin; 07-19-2009 at 08:16 PM.. Reason: typo/addition

Old 07-22-2009, 10:10 AM

14 posts, read 60,202 times
I like the tattoos on the before and after Ross pics.

Old 07-22-2009, 10:26 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,450,741 times
People it's a scam! They are not going to give you the food list because they are hoping that you will purchase the info from their website. Some of the people posting in this thread are obviously plants.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:49 PM

1 posts, read 5,096 times
yes this is totally a scam. But if you do decide to try it, make darn sure you have a receipt for every item on his menu or you won't get your money back if it doesn;t work for you

Old 07-26-2009, 04:07 AM

1 posts, read 5,054 times
beef pattys, grapefruit, string beans, no salt. alchol, butter oil... there.. you happy?

Old 07-30-2009, 08:15 PM

14 posts, read 39,221 times
Hi there, I am interested to know how these members went so by posting this it may pop back up the top of the list and prompt them to share their outcomes? KB

Old 08-03-2009, 11:56 PM

1 posts, read 4,967 times
Default share

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellycure View Post
beef pattys, grapefruit, string beans, no salt. alchol, butter oil... there.. you happy?
what else can you share, interested in sending to me, [EMAIL="sewing4093@mts.net"]sewing4093@mts.net[/EMAIL]

Old 08-08-2009, 03:18 PM

6 posts, read 21,026 times
Default Lost 10Lbs on the 18 in 4 Diet Plan

18 in 4 Diet works pretty well, I did not lose 18 lbs in 4 says but I did lose 10---I guess its similar to the Cabbage soup diet. Many Healthy Recipes all over the web. Did You Diet?

Janine

Old 08-08-2009, 04:03 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,739,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janine81 View Post
I did lose 10
No you didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss