Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 06:29 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,734,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bletch View Post
i am really desperate to try and loose some weight
If you were really desperate, or even, 69% of really desperate, you would have lost the weight by now.

Go online.
Pick any diet.

List of diets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lose weight.
Keep it off.

There. You're done. We can close the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 03:18 AM

1 posts, read 6,887 times
Ooooh... I've been looking at this for a while... does it work??? I'm a bit skeptical after trying so many diets that have failed, and would like to hear of someone elses success before I go buying anything!!

Old 09-16-2009, 08:02 PM

1 posts, read 6,821 times
Default So....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBad! View Post
I paid for this crap and feel like it wasn't worth it and don't want everyone else to suffer. I've searched all over the internet and no one has said theyve lost 18 pounds. 7-10 pounds is the average and that's what I do with the 3 day diet but I will do this starting SUN just because I paid for it and will do it for 8 days and tell u how much I lost
So, how much did you lose???

Old 10-12-2009, 07:51 AM

2 posts, read 13,302 times
Can anyone e-mail me a copy of this diet please

Old 10-12-2009, 07:55 AM

2 posts, read 13,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylandweightloss View Post
I am on my first day of the 18in4 Diet and I feel great already!

The Diet isn't particularly appetising, but I can stick it for 4 Days, if it doesn't work, there' no love lost!

I'm just desperate to lose a stone as I am off with my Family on my first ever trip to America to Disneyland Florida in 8 Weeks and my Hubbie is wanting me in a Bikini!!!

Give it a go, there's no harm in it
H, would you be kind and send me a copy of this diet, or just tell me more about what you should drink and eat. Thanks

Old 10-14-2009, 04:25 PM

1 posts, read 6,652 times
ok can some one post the diet because Ive tried to download it THREE times but it dosent download i payed 81 and it dosent work please some one send it to me in my e-mail its

Moderator cut: Do not post your e-mail address here. Have people DM you instead.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 12-03-2009 at 07:24 PM..

Old 10-17-2009, 08:54 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,937,498 times
I wish people would stop doing these fad diets.

For years, I did fad diet after fad diet.

Then something happened. I started gaining weight. For 7 years, doctors kept telling me I needed to lose weight. I'd tell them what was happening and they'd shrug me off. Finally, I got a doctor who wasn't an ass and actually TESTED me.

Here's my situation:

I can maintain a certain weight. But then I get sick and lose 10-18 pounds over the course of 7-10 days. After that, I'd go back to my regular diet & exercise routine, but would gain 150% of the weight I lost. I'd step up my exercise a bit at first and lose 5 pounds, but then get sick again and the cycle would repeat.I was sick with pneumonia and bronchitis 5-6 times a year for those 3 years we lived in NM.

A few weeks before my dh got out of the Navy, I finally got a diagnosis... IR. It's insulin resistance - caused by years of fad diets. I had more symptoms too, like the black ring around the back of my neck... no doctor before that one would even LISTEN to me... they'd make derogatory comments about diet, exercise and personal hygiene. I spent years using skin bleach and scrubbing that area raw 2-3x a week (I'd have to let it heal in between scrubbings).

There is medication I was prescribed. I took it, lost 40 pounds in the first 3 months on it, without changing my routine and the black ring faded to a pale tan ring that is unnoticeable to everyone but me. But then the meds ran out. We don't have health insurance and it would cost and arm and a leg to continue this treatment. So, my weight is higher than ever.

I've finally quit smoking this summer though and hope that the bronchitis/pneumonia cycle is over. With that hope, I've bought a bike and am beginning a new exercise routine. I was having problems finding the "right bike" and went to a different forum for help. Rather than help finding a bike, I was offered several helpful posts like "Lose weight" "You know you probably would look ridiculous on a bike" "I hate fat people" and my favorite, "Why bother you slob".

I started this cycle at the age of 9. Those 80's "pinch an inch" commercials and a cruel mother & siblings destroyed any hope of me having any self esteem or a realistic body image. I look back at pictures of me when I graduated high school and it blows my mind that I thought I was overweight. My hair was big and I was about 1 1/2 inches taller than I am now. But I was convinced I was fat. And once I was out on my own, I began using fad diet extremes. I lived in denial.

I hope someone out there reads this and it helps them.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:39 PM

1 posts, read 6,177 times
Ok people, the REAL 4 day diet is on page eight of this thread. I know that cause I just bought it myself. I wish I would have read reviews before I did, because now I'm not sure, but as many people have said, it's 4 days, I can try it for 4 days.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:55 AM

1 posts, read 6,114 times
Hi....i did this diet about 4 months ago....went from 218 to 210. 8 pounds.
I stayed that number pretty much....did not gain it back.
Started back 3 days ago...lost 5 pounds so far in the first 3 days...
hope a few more off by tomorrow.

I think its a great starter.....will post tomorrow on my final count.
But this did help me jump start and help me control my munchies and eat healthier...
helps me not jump straight into junk food...cause it helps to break that cycle.

Ill be honest...i think a lot of it has to do with ATTITUDE.
I am a pretty upbeat person..i know there is no cure all...i understand what this is..
ive had some success with it...so im doing it again for a jump start.

ps i have a friend and husband that did it..
she lost 8 punds.....he lst 16 pds. She was about 170 pounds starting...he was about 230 or so.

Good luck!

Old 01-13-2010, 03:12 PM

1 posts, read 6,103 times
Default Starting tomorrow

OK so i will begin this 4 day diet tomorrow...will keep yall posted day by day including how much i weigh tomorrow. I can already tell day 2 lunch is going to be not so good just because im not a veggie person but i will suck it up and do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss