Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 11:17 AM

1,195 posts, read 985,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
No doubt eating 500 calories will lose the weight.

Is it healthy? No.

Will it stay off? Probably not.

There is a difference between wanting to lose weight, and wanting to be healthy. I'll take healthy.
I went into this after weeks of eating 800 or 1,000/day. 1,500 before that. I gradually reduced it so I don't think it's as dangerous as people think. I still feel like playing basketball. I think water has been a lifesaver, with a pinch of sea salt added. My home uses mountain well water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I've always found those photos to be bogus. Just because her breasts amazingly remain close to the same size. When I started losing a big chunk of weight, my body cannibalized random areas. It didn't almost selectively reduce saddlebags, belly and arms while retaining a DD chest :/

I agree that changing one's lifestyle (including exercise) is the way to go. but is that drastic reduction diet really changing anything or just a quick fix to reach your goal.
It's very similar to my before and after photo so far, the male version. Muscles hide under our fat and show when fat is gone. There's an Allen Iverson/Serena Williams inside all of us. Whatever people call the diet, it's working.

Old 09-28-2017, 11:25 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I've always found those photos to be bogus. Just because her breasts amazingly remain close to the same size. When I started losing a big chunk of weight, my body cannibalized random areas. It didn't almost selectively reduce saddlebags, belly and arms while retaining a DD chest :/

I agree that changing one's lifestyle (including exercise) is the way to go. but is that drastic reduction diet really changing anything or just a quick fix to reach your goal.

I watched something where they took a guy and did a before and after.... on the same day. All the stuff they did made it look like he got in shape and lost weight. Fix posture, suck in stomach, do a bunch of push ups, flex, fake tan, a little spray tan to fake the appearance of muscle cuts....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-28-2017, 11:33 AM

50,346 posts, read 63,928,555 times
A week on 500 won't hurt anyone. I've lived on less than that when I had the flu for a week.

As others have said, you will lose a few pounds, but will no doubt gain it right back. I would go with no sugar, no flour, and lots of liquids. Eggs, tuna, meat, fish, and mountains of vegetables. When I was eating Atkins, I was charting my daily foods and even though it's not low calorie, I had a hard time getting close to my daily calorie count because high protein foods are so filling.

My secret weapon, besides olive oil, is bacon fat. You can add a teaspoon to a couple of pounds of green beans, or other vegetables and it adds negligible calories, but a lot of flavor.

Old 09-28-2017, 11:59 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
Quote:
I watched something where they took a guy and did a before and after.... on the same day. All the stuff they did made it look like he got in shape and lost weight. Fix posture, suck in stomach, do a bunch of push ups, flex, fake tan, a little spray tan to fake the appearance of muscle cuts....
Plus bad lighting vs. good lighting. I've heard too, that they'll find a personal trainer who just had a baby and use that as her "before" shot.

Old 09-28-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
If they can do all that one day, imagine what someone can truly do in 30 days. Most of that photo can't be faked, she clearly lost most of her gut. She also dyed her hair.

Old 09-28-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
A week on 500 won't hurt anyone. I've lived on less than that when I had the flu for a week.

As others have said, you will lose a few pounds, but will no doubt gain it right back. I would go with no sugar, no flour, and lots of liquids. Eggs, tuna, meat, fish, and mountains of vegetables. When I was eating Atkins, I was charting my daily foods and even though it's not low calorie, I had a hard time getting close to my daily calorie count because high protein foods are so filling.

My secret weapon, besides olive oil, is bacon fat. You can add a teaspoon to a couple of pounds of green beans, or other vegetables and it adds negligible calories, but a lot of flavor.
I heard a surplus of protein will store as fat, which makes sense. Overweight people also need less protein when they're dieting because they already have it stored.

My wife will be back by the time I'm done dieting, she makes spicy Indo-Paki food which I really look forward to, it's easier to maintain weight with homemade lentils, masala veggie dishes, chicken curry soup, panir with peas with onions ginger etc it can really smell up my end of the street. This fry and burger crap is designed to make people big.

Old 09-28-2017, 01:13 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,947,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post

I have doubts that diet isn't the single most important factor in weight loss. Someone can walk for an hour and only loss 200 calories if they're lucky.
If that is all someone is burning than they aren't doing it right. I burn 400 calories in a 40-minute walk, at a speed of 3 MPH.

Old 09-28-2017, 01:33 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,947,540 times
Quote:
If they can do all that one day, imagine what someone can truly do in 30 days. Most of that photo can't be faked, she clearly lost most of her gut. She also dyed her hair.
Ever hear of a little program called Photoshop? In the hands of an experienced digital photo editor/graphic designer, the possibilities are endless.

Old 09-28-2017, 02:41 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Quote:
It's the opposite of what you are saying. It's appearance and no substance.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss