Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2019, 12:14 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,907,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy_C View Post
18 hour fast yesterday. Going for 20 today, it's been a while since I've actually made it to a 20 hour fast....
I do 23 every day and 32 on the weekends when I teach all day; I wait until after the last student to do the OMAD so I won't be distracted, running to the bathroom during lessons. Of course the exception is when I grab a second meal, but I don't think I'll be repeating that behavior for a while. I feel too full.

This is not a hardship. I do feel hunger pangs late in the evening on the weekdays, but it's just an awareness of not having eaten, and I just observe the feeling and it quickly goes away. I don't have to act on it like a self-indulgent child. It's very freeing to have that mindset.

For breakfast I had a soy product that resembles ground beef, cooked with onions and broccoli. With mashed potatoes (soy margarine and unsweetened almond milk) and tomatoes with vinaigrette. And coffee. My breakfast frequently resembles lunch or dinner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 02:37 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,016,445 times
And I didn't make it to 20 hours today. Just a 16 hour fast. I was mid-meltdown last night when I shut down the eating. I finished it up today (hopefully). Sigh.... It's been a rough few months for me, physically and emotionally.

Back on track tomorrow! (again, hopefully)

Old 03-23-2019, 04:48 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,907,940 times
Quote:
And I didn't make it to 20 hours today. Just a 16 hour fast. I was mid-meltdown last night when I shut down the eating. I finished it up today (hopefully). Sigh.... It's been a rough few months for me, physically and emotionally.

Back on track tomorrow! (again, hopefully)
Sorry you've had a rough few months. Hope things get better!!

Old 03-23-2019, 05:14 AM

Thanks KZ! I think the winter weather had a lot to do with it as well. But I've had a few medical issues since December, and the husband had surgery last month. I do not like change. Not at all!

Game night last night was fun! I was thinking of quitting, because it wreaks havoc with my schedule, but it was such a blast and I realized that I really don't want to quit. I just need to make some better choices.

I went through the house and ditched a bunch of food yesterday - waste or waist!

Old 03-23-2019, 05:16 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,255,993 times
36 hrs into this week's fast and it's a new record low... 185.5 lbs.
I'm at work today. No food, so this is going to continue for awhile.

If I lose a pound a week, I would weigh 169 lbs on July 13. I'm going to a Cubs game on July 17.
I'm going to make it and celebrate by sitting in the bleachers at Wrigley enjoying sunshine, baseball, hot dogs (with buns!!!) and cold beer.

Old 03-23-2019, 05:17 AM

That's a fantastic plan Eaton - I love me a hot dog!

It's supposed to be in the high 50's here tomorrow! C'mon nice weather!

Old 03-23-2019, 05:24 AM

Quote:
That's a fantastic plan Eaton - I love me a hot dog!

It's supposed to be in the high 50's here tomorrow! C'mon nice weather!
Almost 60 here as well. I've got some things to do outside after work.
It would not surprise me if this fast goes close to 48 hrs.
I have some cold Mich Ultras waiting in the fridge.

Hot Doug's is a legendary hot dog place in Chicago.
He closed his restaurant a few years back and now has has a place behind the center field scoreboard at Wrigley.
You have to have bleacher tickets to get there... well, I got 'em and I'm gonna have some Dougs!

Old 03-23-2019, 05:29 PM

Fast is over... had a few Mich Ultras but no food.
It's been 48 hrs so I'm going to get crustless pizza.

Old 03-24-2019, 04:16 AM

Crustless pizza? What is that? I have family members who are gluten free and get GF pizza, is it similar?

18 hour fast yesterday, and managed healthy eating for the day - win win!

Old 03-24-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Crustless pizza? What is that? I have family members who are gluten free and get GF pizza, is it similar?

18 hour fast yesterday, and managed healthy eating for the day - win win!
Crustless pizza has no crust at all.

I make mine in a oiled cake pan...
Browned sausage on the bottom.
Mozzarella slices to provide a surface for the sauce.
Mids pizza sauce.
Pizza seasoning.
Pepperoni.
Veggie and mushrooms. And anchovies on mine.
Shredded mozzarella.

In the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
It's really good. Low carb and gluten free.

Last edited by eaton53; 03-24-2019 at 05:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss