Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 09:23 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times

Advertisements

Most people will lose weight with slim fast, but 99% will gain it all back and then some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2016, 10:18 PM

8 posts, read 8,178 times
I tried Slim Fast for a few months but I wasn't seeing any changes. I recently talked to someone at GNC to try a healthy supplement that could suppress my appetite and help lose some weight which the guy recommended a few different things to try but i'm not sure how these pills actually work. Has anyone tried Hydroxycut?

Old 01-19-2016, 10:06 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica1989 View Post
I tried Slim Fast for a few months but I wasn't seeing any changes. I recently talked to someone at GNC to try a healthy supplement that could suppress my appetite and help lose some weight which the guy recommended a few different things to try but i'm not sure how these pills actually work. Has anyone tried Hydroxycut?
No, no and no! There are no shortcuts! Eat real food, stay away from sugars and processed foods. Eat less move more. Exercise, make time for it. Eat less than you burn. Thats it, that is the MAGIC SECRET.
Hard work, dedication, sacrifice and commitment.
If a pill or supplement actually worked it would be big news and everyone would be taking it. It would be a front page headline and it would be sold everywhere.
The 'guy' who works at GNC is a badly paid clerk who knows ZERO.

Old 01-19-2016, 12:55 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,558,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
No, no and no! There are no shortcuts! Eat real food, stay away from sugars and processed foods. Eat less move more. Exercise, make time for it. Eat less than you burn. Thats it, that is the MAGIC SECRET.
Hard work, dedication, sacrifice and commitment.
If a pill or supplement actually worked it would be big news and everyone would be taking it. It would be a front page headline and it would be sold everywhere.
The 'guy' who works at GNC is a badly paid clerk who knows ZERO.

Shout this from the rooftops! There is no magic pill, plan, shake, supplement. It's all about hard work. Weight loss is never ever easy and this comes from someone who always finds an easy road to take. I have yet to find an easy road to weight loss. Believe me, I wish I have!

Old 01-20-2016, 09:10 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica1989 View Post
Years ago, Dexatrim was sold containing a product called Synephrine that is a very good appetite suppressant. I don't know if Hydroxycut contained synephrine, but I know neither of them contain it now and there is nothing in the current Hydroxycut formulation that appears to be useful, so I would skip it.

If you're looking for an appetite suppressant, your best bet would probably be to pick up some ephedrine and caffeine (if its legal in your state, ephedrine can be purchased as Bronkaid or Primatene) and take that at 20-25mg with 200mg caffeine. It's effective at blunting appetite and raising metabolic rate. The aforementioned synephrine doesn't work as well but can still be purchased as a raw powder and mixed into drinks and such.

Synephrine HCL (Synephrine Hydrochloride) | Powder City

Old 03-07-2016, 03:11 PM

15 posts, read 37,506 times
There is some good information on here, but there are also opinions, not facts. Not everyone can deal with a liquid meal twice a day. I'm a 60-year-old female. This method of weight loss has worked successfully for me; the last time I used it I kept the weight off for seven years. It was only after a bout with cancer that my weight increased due to a lack of activity. Not everyone can be satisfied drinking their meals. In order for it to work for me I drink lots of water between shakes so I don't get hungry, then eat a sensible dinner. Lastly, I'm active nearly every day doing something I enjoy so that I won't get "burned out" and not stick with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss