Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 07:27 PM

353 posts, read 1,728,600 times

Advertisements

Just eat less, choose healthy foods like vegatables and fruits and excercise more. Forget about all the diet pills, diet drinks and diet stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 01:15 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,779,391 times
man I never lost a single pound with that stuff. It just made me more hungry and then I had to have chocolate.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:31 PM

1 posts, read 8,945 times
Default cellulite

I have lost a lot of weight with a personal diete and aerobics. Now I have a big problem: Cellulite, I want to reduce its visibilitty, someone recommanded Gerovital Plant Forte. Has anyone tried it?

Old 08-08-2007, 04:15 PM

1 posts, read 8,942 times
Yes, Crazyblue, I am using it since I gave birth, because my tights started to look awful because of the cellulite. It is really good !!! Try it with confidence, you will not regret!

Old 08-08-2007, 08:01 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,474,571 times
Years ago I lost a lot of weight on Slimfast, but that was using it is a different way than they recommend. I used it exlcusively with a lot of exercise. I started out slow because I had not exercised at all and built up to a ton of walking each day. I used skim milk and drank 2-3 a day and that is all I had. I lost a lot of weight but do not recommend that obviously. It was toooooo much exercise (I got up to walking 3 hrs. straight each day) and too little nutrition/food. I would not do that again. I hit a point where my body said no more and I didn't lose anymore weight from that point on so I quit.

Old 08-18-2007, 02:32 AM

3 posts, read 13,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
I mean, by drinking the cans at breakfast and lunch, and having a small meal. With minimum exercise (like walking-total of 20 or so minutes a day). Is it impossible to lose...oh...13 pounds? And I don't mean within 6 months but a lot sooner than that!
Have you tried the pills? slimfast NFS? way easy to loose weight!! Keeps the hunger at bay but makes you moody.
beckm NZ.
??? do you have any info??

Old 08-18-2007, 05:36 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,982,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
I mean, by drinking the cans at breakfast and lunch, and having a small meal. With minimum exercise (like walking-total of 20 or so minutes a day). Is it impossible to lose...oh...13 pounds? And I don't mean within 6 months but a lot sooner than that!
I wasn't necessarily trying to lose weight when I used to drink SlimFast as much as I...
#1 - was looking to have a quick, easy, and cheap meal replacement
and
#2 - I wanted to eventually be able to see my abs, and I thought being low-fat this was a good thing to help facilitate reaching that goal.

My results were not what I had hoped for though. First, as others have mentioned, I found myself hungry only about 1.5-2.5 hours later. For all I know this might be normal, however, when I actually consumed MetRx drinks I made myself twice a day as meal replacements, I found their full-feeling effects much more satisfying. Secondly, I never did see much progress on my goal to see abs while drinking Slimfast.

Losing weight or losing more specifically body fat is something well researched and well published - and if you don't know already, then I'll tell you some facts:
#1 - it takes more than diet to lose body fat.
#2 - it definitely takes more than diet to lose body fat (LOL - put this in on purpose because I swear most over-weight people ignore this comment the first time they hear someone say it or see it written)
#3 - to lose body fat you need to increase your metabolism as well as consume less food which turns into fast.
#4 - you can increase your metabolism two primary ways. Yes two ways - not just one. First, by weight-lifting since muscle mass increases metabolism (the more muscle you have the faster your metabolism is all other things equal). Second, by doing aerobic exercise. Women and over-weight people in general tend to ignore the weight-lifting component (seems like too much work or they have ridiculous fear of bulking up - I want to set the record straight; you will not bulk up as a woman unless you do steroids... that is a fact.)
#5 - if you do not use both methods of increasing your metabolism together - you are doing yourself a major disservice and will not likely see a lot of progress towards your goal of losing body fat.

All that said I want to share with you a fundamental success story. After just 1 month of drinking MetRx shakes twice a day, weightlifting for 30-45min every other day, and eating fruit and vegetables as well as a decent third meal, I saw significant results. I was stronger than I ever was before and could see my abs better than ever as well. I'm 100% that diet alone didn't do it, but also the weightlifting.

Good luck and I hope this was helpful.

Old 08-18-2007, 06:18 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,348,616 times
I lost 10 lbs one year by going on 80 percent raw food. i couldn't believe how the weight just lifted off, and then i got so tired of raw food that i went back to most of my old diet and gained the weight back. now i am trying so hard to make myself eat mostly raw, but sugar and breads get to me.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:44 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,254,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
I wish I could have slimfast,but I am alergic to milk
You could just get a vegan meal replacement.

Slimfast works. Its just calorie control.
It wont stay off unless you wean back your calories slowly and let your metabolism pick back up again.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:50 PM

1 posts, read 8,437 times
Smile slim fast weight loss

Yes, I have lost 51 pounds with slimfast. I started drinking slimfast after some dental work. I have been drinking one shake for breakfast one for lunch and have dinner with my family I am even able to have dessert in the evening. I work a ten hour day so I have low fat yogurt for snacking at break and the weight has been off for five months now. I have a physical job and walk about a mile every morning for exercise. I don't feel hungry and I feel 100 percent better now that I've lost weight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss