Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 01:30 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times

Advertisements

If you're looking for a quick-fix temporary solution and accept that it's only temporary, Slim-Fast can be a useful tool. You can lose a dozen pounds in under a month with it. So you can fit into the wedding dress, or the bridesmaid's dress, or the vacation bikini, or the "same size as my graduation dress, at my 30th class reunion suit" or whatever.

You'll gain it all back within a couple of weeks. But it's a good quick-shot. Protip - slimfast is actually -dangerous- to do long-term. So don't do it long-term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 01:51 PM

232 posts, read 251,152 times
I think Slimfast is okay if you plan on using it as like ONE meal replacement per day, but trying to live off of 2 shakes or 3 shakes a day for life is typically unattainable and very hard for the average person. If you can pull it off long term, it might be a good thing. Who knows? I would personally never have it. I prefer Atkins protein shakes low carb if I need a protein shake.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:28 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
I don't even know why anyone would need a protein shake of any sort. A healthy, natural diet with plenty of healthy protein (along with carbs and fats and vitamins and minerals in general) is certainly available and do-able without resorting to gimmicks and prepackaged (and very expensive), overly processed foods.

Lifestyle change - that's what it takes to reach and maintain a healthy weight and keep your body in good shape. Any shortcut is not likely to result in longterm success.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:40 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
I enjoy the actually act of eating too much to ever replace real food with a chemical laden can -o- crap.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:52 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I enjoy the actually act of eating too much to ever replace real food with a chemical laden can -o- crap.
You got that right!

This morning I had a lovely five minute egg, nestled in a little egg cup, and sprinkled with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. I ate it with one of those really cute little egg spoons. I made a piece of WW toast with a little butter on it, and cut it in strips ("soldiers") and dipped them in the yolk. I had a cup of coffee with real cream (poured from a little pitcher) and real sugar in it alongside my delicious breakfast.

The entire ritual was quite pleasant!

Old 06-24-2015, 04:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,789 times
I'm currently on this slim fast diet and it's working so far, but I also have a set plan for myself, I don't just drink these shakes by itself. The last time I tried to just have shakes through out the day, I ended up feeling weak and I think it's because my body wasn't getting enough nutrition. So what I do is, I wake up in the morning, drink a shake at 8am, work out for 30 minutes, and then at 12pm, I drink another shake and it usually holds me off until 3-4pm (while at work) and then as soon as I start feeling hungry, I eat something small and healthy! Sometimes I'll bring a banana, or a container of strawberries and just eat that. When I get off work, I go home, work out for another 30 minutes, eat something healthy, like a salad with chicken! And then It just repeats itself. I only drink like 2 shakes a day, then I eat other healthy snacks. I have the chocolate shake!! It works fine with me, I haven't had any problems with it yet. Hahaha. Hope this helped you and maybe gave you an idea. But do not just drink only shakes!! Don't do that because it's not healthy, and you'll end up feeling weak and just sick.

Old 06-26-2015, 01:04 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
The high protein Slim-Fast shakes are actually a decent option for meal replacements. There are better options, but worse ones as well.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:27 AM

8 posts, read 26,988 times
My Bro has been used SlimLast for 3 month, But it was so bad smell , and his weight not stay off ,

Old 07-08-2015, 10:01 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,388,075 times
I lost weight on it fifteen years ago. I was only 26 and wanted to lose ten pounds before getting married. It was the first time I ever tried losing weight. I tried it at 35, and it didn't work anymore.

Old 01-15-2016, 08:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,281 times
ive lost ten pounds in a week using slimfast plan with exercise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss