Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 12:26 PM

397 posts, read 264,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
The original intent of seperation of church and state was so that the government wouldn't interfere in the affairs of the church. Politicians who are Christians have the freedom to pray on the steps of the capitol building, read from God's word, and be open about the role of "religion" in government. You've got the meaning backwards..

haha no , it ment if you want to worship, do it in your own home, alot of people in the US left places in Europe where they were persecuted because of their religion, so that ment the Government should have no part of Religion

If you want to believe in your invisible sky daddy, the tooth fairy or the abonimale snowman, please do so in your own home

And stop deciding elections, dont you people realize how much it hurts you? Republicans dont care about you, Bush said he was going to ban Abortion, Abortion is still legal, seriously there is something wrong with you people, if you EDIT decide another election, I really hope we do something about you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 12:27 PM

1,197 posts, read 3,583,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing12 View Post
there is no such thing as god, get over it, the sad thing is people like you are EXTREMLY common and have a huge infleunce in deciding elections
The reality is that you will have to answer to that God one day.. We all will. Why are you so outraged with Christianity? It's not like we're putting gun to your head or something..

Old 12-05-2007, 12:28 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Quote:
I really hope we do something about you
You keep saying that - what do you have in mind?

Old 12-05-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Are you sure? REALLY sure?????

ha I am sure, if there is a god, he doesnt give 2 ****s about what goes on, on this earth

But I am certain, the jewish-christian-muslim-hindu god is a insane thought and I am not sure if it should be banned(I dont oppose freedom of speech, but after listening and living with these types of people I am not so sure)

But I am absolutley certain the judeo-christian-muslim god is nothing more then a fantasy created several thousand years ago, I am absolutley beyond certain of that, no question, none

Old 12-05-2007, 12:29 PM

Quote:
haha no , it ment if you want to worship, do it in your own home, alot of people in the US left places in Europe where they were persecuted because of their religion, so that ment the Government should have no part of Religion

If you want to believe in your invisible sky daddy, the tooth fairy or the abonimale snowman, please do so in your own home

And stop deciding elections, dont you people realize how much it hurts you? Republicans dont care about you, Bush said he was going to ban Abortion, Abortion is still legal, seriously there is something wrong with you people, if you EDIT decide another election, I really hope we do something about you
God is not a Repubican or a Democrat. Jesus said that "His kingdom is not of this world". It's probably hard for you to understand given your disdain for Christianity.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You keep saying that - what do you have in mind?

I dont know, but I use to like this county, then with all these cough cough, "people" went to the voting office in droves to vote for Bush in 2000, I thought "Who are these people" then when these same people went to the booth in 04 to vote for Bush again I though"OK we really have a problem"

I am not sure what needs to be done, but there is a problem, and Fundamentalist Christians are a problem in this country, I am not sure what needs to be done, maybe we should divide the US? it seems the Fundies only cling to a certain area of the US

But something needs to be done, especially if they elect another Bush clone like Romney to office in 08

Old 12-05-2007, 12:34 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,863,746 times
Lightbulb No, it wasn't...

Quote:
because this country was founded as a place of seperation of church and state
Huh?! The Pilgrims, Puritans and Anglicans who first settled the American colonies all had official, state-supported churches.

At the time of the founding of the United States and the drafting/implementation of our Constitution (1776-89), several U.S. states still had official, state-sanctioned churches!

That "wall of separation" never appears in any of America's founding documents, but in a letter from Pres. Jefferson to an association of Baptists in Connecticut.

As much as I get tired of repeating myself, I'm always happy to help debunk that absurd "separation of church and state" dezinformatsia that's constantly trotted out by Christophobic modern liberals.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:34 PM

Quote:
God is not a Repubican or a Democrat. Jesus said that "His kingdom is not of this world". It's probably hard for you to understand given your disdain for Christianity.

I dont believe in Jesus, to me he was some glorified David Koresh, if he did exist he was just another Jew looking for power and infleunce and he was able to brainwash a few dozen people which later translated to several billion(partly thanks to being forced to believe)

And Jesus Followers usually blindly vote Republican because that party seems to kiss their ***, they tell them what they want to here, then on the business side cater to those wealthy Americans, that is how they are able to get elected, Democrats cater to those who might be struggling in life and maybe they talk about the god crap, but they dont focus on it

Republicans are the scum of the earth, in every sense of the word

[Mod cut for language]

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 12-05-2007 at 01:54 PM.. Reason: language

Old 12-05-2007, 12:36 PM

Hey Nothing, let me ask you a question? What guides your life? More specifically, how do you know what's wrong or what's right? Do you just assume that everything is random, or was there a purpose for things to happen?

Were you personally hurt by someone who claimed to be a christian? What was your upbringing like?

No, I don't expect to hear from you, but just think about these things.

Merry Christmas
Jesus loves You

Old 12-05-2007, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Hey Nothing, let me ask you a question? What guides your life? More specifically, how do you know what's wrong or what's right? Do you just assume that everything is random, or was there a purpose for things to happen?

Were you personally hurt by someone who claimed to be a christian? What was your upbringing like?

No, I don't expect to hear from you, but just think about these things.

Merry Christmas
Jesus loves You
ha I can assure you I have more morales then every Christian or every religious person who has ever lived, all of them combined

As what guides my life? Honestly I really do try to live by morales, but this world is ****ed up, a ****ed up world and an evil world ruled by money and power, kissing peoples asses, backstabbing people and manipulating people and hoping you never see them again

It is hard to live in a world like this, this is why people believe in religion, becuase they are these type of people, and they can go home talk to their invisible sky daddy and they think everything will be ok

But trust me on this, as far as morales, I have more morales then EVERY religious person on the face of this planet, trust me on this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections