Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 02:34 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,238,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty Pendergrass View Post
I truly hope that the GOP can take the party back from the right-wing crazies that hijacked it. Politics works better when there are 2 sensible sides to debate in a healthy, productive manner. It encourages compromise and new ideas to move the country forward.

Till then, I guess I'll just continue to enjoy laughing at the glorious sh*t show that is the Trump Presidential Campaign.

Really? And tell me.... when are actual Moderate Democrats going to take back the Democratic Party from the FAR LEFT Stalinists running it now? There is absolutely NOTHING sensible about today's Democratic Party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 02:34 PM

29,552 posts, read 9,742,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Me, too. When exactly did it become 100% "my way or highway" (from both sides in most cases)?

Mick
When too many in the GOP stopped caring whether the government functioned or not, when they found obstructionism was the only thing they could really manage to accomplish, easier that than having to explain to their constituents that they had to compromise in any way shape or form with Democrats. Something like the spoiled brat sprawled on the grocery store floor because he's being told he can't have everything he wants...

They railed against Obama's agenda to pass a comprehensive health care bill, and Obama won anyway. That was it. That's when they really went into spoiled brat mode.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:42 PM

29,552 posts, read 9,742,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Really? And tell me.... when are actual Moderate Democrats going to take back the Democratic Party from the FAR LEFT Stalinists running it now? There is absolutely NOTHING sensible about today's Democratic Party.
How about we first find the "far left Stalinists" you have conjured up in that creative mind of yours. A name would be helpful and just what evidence of Stalinism you've got to offer...

Wait, only BS was it?

No need to reply. We all know such BS is not to be admitted in these threads or even corrected, and no doubt there just never seems to be enough BS in these threads to contend with, or perhaps you really have a Stalinist in mind. I'll bet you do, along with all the other boogy men you've got up there!

Old 06-15-2016, 02:46 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,342,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Because he lies blatantly to the voters.

Because he refuses to be transparent with his finances like every other candidate for the last 40 years.

Because he has donated substantially to the campaigns of democrats and to establishment GOP members to help them keep their seats against more conservative opponents.

Because he supports big government and has no intention of repealing Obamacare or reducing the size and reach of government.

Because he has no understanding of how a Republican form of government operates.

Because he has no understanding of Foreign Policy and the current state of the world.

Because he is a hypocrite, claiming he will bring jobs back to America, all while sending jobs to China and Mexico and using illegals or foreign workers to staff his US based hotels.

Because he is a bully and a loudmouth with thin skin and has stated that he will change free speech laws so he can sue the press.

Because he used underhanded tactics and smear campaigning against his opponents in the primary because he is incapable of competing based on the issues and debating them.

Because he is a liberal democrat and acts and talks exactly like Obama.

Because he is a birther and a truther and surrounds himself with unsavory and shady individuals.

For starters.
Thats a good start.

The fact that he's running to the NRA today to talk about infringing on Americans 2nd amendment constitutional rights with this liberal Democrat "no fly, no buy" agenda to ban guns just proves what a pathetic fraud and RINO this guy is. This is when you need someone like Ted Cruz, a REAL conservative and Republican who supports and defends the constitution. Not a fraud like Trump siding with liberal Democrats rushing to be PC and going against constitutional rights.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:50 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,480,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
. This is when you need someone like Ted Cruz, a REAL conservative and Republican who supports and defends the constitution.
That ship has sailed and Republicans will be ever second-guessing themselves for not selecting the best qualified GOPer to run against Clinton/Sanders.

Old 06-15-2016, 03:08 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,343,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
That ship has sailed and Republicans will be ever second-guessing themselves for not selecting the best qualified GOPer to run against Clinton/Sanders.
As a big trump supporter. .

I'm totally suprised by how trump has tanked... liberals were right...general election is different. .. I don't think Cruz would have done any better.... Clinton is too good a salesman. Cruz would have terrified the general population

Old 06-15-2016, 03:13 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,639,726 times
There are differences between Eisenhower Republicans and today's tea party Republicans.

Trump is not a Liberal Or A Conservative. He is a billionaire who knows how to make money (Yes, billionaire also lost deals, nothing wrong with it)

He should run as a third party independent, but he won't get free media coverage.

In all fairness, I'm surprised he got us this far.

This said, I would pay up to $1000 to watch a Trump vs sanders debate.

Old 06-15-2016, 03:57 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,480,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Cruz would have terrified the general population
Yes, probably. Not only offensive to Muslims, Gun control folks, but now the entire nation after a massacre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3DCPoD2PJM

Old 06-15-2016, 06:49 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,468,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Thats a good start.

The fact that he's running to the NRA today to talk about infringing on Americans 2nd amendment constitutional rights with this liberal Democrat "no fly, no buy" agenda to ban guns just proves what a pathetic fraud and RINO this guy is. This is when you need someone like Ted Cruz, a REAL conservative and Republican who supports and defends the constitution. Not a fraud like Trump siding with liberal Democrats rushing to be PC and going against constitutional rights.
Ted Cruz is no real conservative. He is what Barry Goldwater warned about in his speech on the intrusion of religion into politics.

Old 06-15-2016, 08:39 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,473,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
A very good, concise list of exactly why Donald Trump is wholly unfit to be the president. He can't be trusted, his ideas are 99% unrealistic, he doesn't understand politics, he's classless and brash and routinely ridicules people for their looks or disabilities.

And yet, you are still going to vote for him.

And that boggles the mind.

I can excuse the true believers, but it's voters like this who could put this country under the rule of a maniac, purely out of party loyalty,
There are plenty of us who won't. I will not, under any circumstances, vote for him.

And there's no way he's going to win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections