Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 09:40 AM

46,979 posts, read 26,033,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
But you take 1 guy running against about 8 others and people on the other side supporting him, what do you get?... If we had only 3 running against him, we would have a totally different situation.
And that's where competent party leadership comes in. One of the traditional responsibilities is to convince clown car candidates to not run. That may not come across as very grassroot-democratic, but it's necessary for a party to work at all.

Quote:
No, we did choose him, a flawed primary system did..
Eh? The GOP is in control of its nomination process.

The line at the hand-washing basin has started to form...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 10:08 AM

491 posts, read 320,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I find it funny Real life long conservatives are being demonized because they don't want to get behind a guy who has supported democrat ideas and polticians his entire life up until literally 4 years ago.
What really pisses me off is that the die-hard Trump zealots call 90+% of all elected Republicans "RINOs," when Trump has deviated from conservative orthodoxy far more than most Republicans. According to the Trumpettes, the only thing that matters when it comes to determining whether one is a "RINO" is whether one is a white nationalist. Views regarding abortion and single-payer health care are irrelevant to these individuals.

They also love to mock Dole, McCain, and Romney as "losers," but the fact of the matter is that Trump will get massacred so badly that he is going to make those "RINO" nominees look like good candidates in comparison.

And thanks to Trump, far-left politicians like Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer will be running Congress come January 2017. But I guess that the Trumpettes prefer Pelosi and Schumer over "RINO sellouts" such as Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell.

Seriously, post-Election Day, I really hope that the GOP flushes all the racists and right-wing crazies out of the party, so that Hillary will be a one-term president.

Last edited by Dole-McCain Republican; 06-16-2016 at 10:20 AM..

Old 06-16-2016, 10:09 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,238,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
How about we first find the "far left Stalinists" you have conjured up in that creative mind of yours. A name would be helpful and just what evidence of Stalinism you've got to offer...

Wait, only BS was it?

No need to reply. We all know such BS is not to be admitted in these threads or even corrected, and no doubt there just never seems to be enough BS in these threads to contend with, or perhaps you really have a Stalinist in mind. I'll bet you do, along with all the other boogy men you've got up there!
Lets start with Nancy Pelosi. Or how about Barbara Boxer... or Harry Reid? These people are far left, totally inflexible and fascist to their core. Then there's Obama and his freakishly deranged minions in the White House. And that's just the beginning.

The only thing that is more shocking here is that you can't see it.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:14 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,035,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Boy View Post
As a Trump supporter, I really do wish he would rein in some of his rhetoric. Instead of phrasing it as "building a wall", hammering the message of "securing the border" would resonate much better, without alienating/polarizing so many. Instead of "banning" muslims I'd rather his message be about vetting, much more palatable. We've never been a country that just bans segments of people. But my gosh securing our country has to be done, who can deny this? And, I really wish he would add overstayed visas into his message also, what a nightmare that situation is.

I really agree mostly with his message/ideas, just his delivery method puts off way too many voters...voters that he needs.

TB
You said what I've said many times. His style is off-putting. His intentions and patriotism are 100% correct. He still has my vote but he embarrasses me.

I will say I would be more embarrassed to be a Hillary voter. I could never lower my standards that far.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:29 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,745,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Lets start with Nancy Pelosi. Or how about Barbara Boxer... or Harry Reid? These people are far left, totally inflexible and fascist to their core. Then there's Obama and his freakishly deranged minions in the White House. And that's just the beginning.

The only thing that is more shocking here is that you can't see it.
Well why didn't you say so in the first place?

Had you been specific and pointed out that you were specifically referring to Obama, Pelosi, Boxer and Reid, that they are the facists, I would not have asked in the first place! Of course!

Now that I know where you are coming from, please never mind me, because no doubt you would find me out to be a fascists too, freakishly deranged, and I would prefer none of that about me (or the rest of us fascist Americans) be exposed if possible. You're just too sharp for me I think...

Old 06-16-2016, 10:32 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,777,474 times
Because they want to be political correct.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:38 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,674,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Because they want to be political correct.
They failed at everything they have been ask to do and see no reason to change or ruin their perfect record.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:46 AM

273 posts, read 201,627 times
Conservatives are scared because of the potential unity the democrats can muster when going into a general election. They saw what happened in 2012 and fear that will happen again in 2016. Not just the presidency, but also congress as well. If the Democrats take back the senate (which they have a good chance of doing), expect a liberal to get appointed to the SCOTUS. With a block of 5 Democrat justices, this will allow many gun control groups to start pushing lawsuits.

Honestly, McConnell is a dumb****. He and the GOP majority in the senate should have went through with Obama's previous appointment, Garland. Now that little stall tactic they've used will backfire greatly on them.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:56 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,745,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPlatter View Post
Conservatives are scared because of the potential unity the democrats can muster when going into a general election. They saw what happened in 2012 and fear that will happen again in 2016. Not just the presidency, but also congress as well. If the Democrats take back the senate (which they have a good chance of doing), expect a liberal to get appointed to the SCOTUS. With a block of 5 Democrat justices, this will allow many gun control groups to start pushing lawsuits.

Honestly, McConnell is a dumb****. He and the GOP majority in the senate should have went through with Obama's previous appointment, Garland. Now that little stall tactic they've used will backfire greatly on them.
I appreciate the concern, but sometimes I wonder if gun enthusiasts view politics in America only through the site of a gun, almost as if no other issue matters more, almost as if there are no other issues...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ns-banned.html

Old 06-16-2016, 11:11 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,238,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Well why didn't you say so in the first place?

Had you been specific and pointed out that you were specifically referring to Obama, Pelosi, Boxer and Reid, that they are the facists, I would not have asked in the first place! Of course!

Now that I know where you are coming from, please never mind me, because no doubt you would find me out to be a fascists too, freakishly deranged, and I would prefer none of that about me (or the rest of us fascist Americans) be exposed if possible. You're just too sharp for me I think...

Are you always this vapid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections