Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 11:50 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,843,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Are you always this vapid?
Based on my observations, all indications point to yes. Starting a thread specifically to bash those who respond seems to be the purpose of this thread, so the vapidity of the OP responses is magnified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 12:00 PM

29,552 posts, read 9,742,721 times
Quote:
Are you always this vapid?
You mean as compared to labeling just about any leader of the Democratic party fascist? Can hardly get more vapid than that, but otherwise when it comes to the more intelligent comments, I think the record shows I am less vapid as a rule.

Old 06-16-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Based on my observations, all indications point to yes. Starting a thread specifically to bash those who respond seems to be the purpose of this thread, so the vapidity of the OP responses is magnified.
Oh, I'm sorry. It has often been said that politics is not for the thin skinned, and I know sometimes I am not always as "patient" as I should be. I've never really taken anything I read in these threads to heart, and I forget that others maybe do, but I also must admit that reading so many of these comments over time, the over-the-top rhetoric rather than sound reason and/or semblance of critical thinking, tends to wear me down sometimes. Like so much we see in America in general I suppose, I too am slowly inclined toward the least common denominator. I can and should do better...

Old 06-16-2016, 12:26 PM

465 posts, read 257,222 times
Quote:
Really? And tell me.... when are actual Moderate Democrats going to take back the Democratic Party from the FAR LEFT Stalinists running it now? There is absolutely NOTHING sensible about today's Democratic Party.
Well if you think I'm going to argue with you about the fact that both parties are screwed up, you're wrong. Lol. I don't pledge allegiance to either.

It just appears that the Republican party is imploding first, that's all.

When both parties return to center, the country will be better for it.

Old 06-16-2016, 12:39 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,602,548 times
I would have liked to see Rand Paul be nominated. But that would never happen.

Old 06-16-2016, 12:41 PM

957 posts, read 1,134,628 times
Of course he can't, he's part of the system Trump want to destroy

Democrats and Republicans are the same thing, political mafia fake party sold to the rich elite and lobbies.

I expect 99% of Republican officials not endorsing Trump.

Old 06-16-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
I would have liked to see Rand Paul be nominated. But that would never happen.
Right, you need a little better than around 3 percent of Americans to be inspired and agree with you before the likes of Rand Paul gets nominated...

Old 06-16-2016, 12:55 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,178,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: There is no magic to the phrase radical Islam. It is a political talking point. It is not a strategy.

And the reason I am careful about how I describe this threat has nothing to do with political correctness and everything to do with actually defeating extremism.

Groups like ISIL and al-Qaida want to make this war a war between Islam and America, or between Islam and the West. If we fall into the trap of painting all Muslims as a broad brush, and imply that we are at war with the entire religion, then we are doing the terrorists’ work for them.

But we are now seeing how dangerous this kind of mind-set and this kind of thinking can be. We are starting to see where this kind of rhetoric and loose talk and sloppiness about who exactly we are fighting, where this can lead us.

We now have proposals from the presumptive Republican nominee for president of the United States to bar all Muslims from emigrating into America. We hear language that singles out immigrants and suggests entire religious communities are complacent in violence.

Where does this stop? The Orlando killer, one of the San Bernardino killers, the Fort Hood killer, they were all U.S. citizens. Are we going to start treating all Muslim-Americans differently? Are we going to start subjecting them to special surveillance? Are we going to start discriminating against them because of their faith?

We have heard these suggestions during the course of this campaign. Do Republican officials actually agree with this?

We have gone through moments in our history before when we acted out of fear, and we came to regret it. We have seen our government mistreat our fellow citizens, and it has been a shameful part of our history.

This is a country founded on basic freedoms, including freedom of religion. We don’t have religious tests here. Our founders, our Constitution, our Bill of Rights are clear about that.

And if we ever abandon those values, we wouldn’t only make it a lot easier to radicalize people here and around the world, but we would have betrayed the very things we are trying to protect, the pluralism and the openness, our rule of law, our civil liberties, the very things that make this country great, the very things that make us exceptional.

And then the terrorists would have won. And we cannot let that happen. I will not let that happen.
He's totally right about this. We cannot give in to fear.

Old 06-16-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
He's totally right about this. We cannot give in to fear.
Thanks! I thought so too, and bares repeating as I'm glad you did!

Old 06-16-2016, 01:08 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,647,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Curious to know the views from better reasoned conservatives and/or other than those who don't lean conservative in the first place...

Perhaps as Ryan suggests?

"Trump's Muslim Ban Not Reflective Of GOP And U.S. Principles"

Paul Ryan: Donald Trump's Muslim Ban Not Reflective Of GOP And U.S. Principles : NPR
Mainline Republicans are the party of greed. Trump is going against the greed mentality when he suggests closing the border and putting the American middle class before their Hispanic slaves they are allowing in this country and paying them with our tax dollars. The established Republican leaders and Hillary drink from the same cup--let's stick a hole in that cup.

Keep electing traitors and sending them to D. C. and you will keep getting screwed. I know there must be a better word to use at the end of that sentence but it isn't coming to me right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections