Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Mayor Pete have any shot at becoming the nominee?
Yes 84 47.19%
No 94 52.81%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 07:13 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Just when you think you've seen everything, another one takes the cake.

Folks, people like this vote. It's scary.
Not only do they vote. They are currently the dominant power in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 07:40 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
Buttigieg is a butt-kisser... Says things that liberals want to hear to win even doing it to appease the animals... Knowing full well that it is the dumbest crap in the world... Sort of like Beto with his "study" on reparations to bribe the black vote even though he doesn't believe in it and should the "study" demand it, he is willing screw the nation over to do it because he is too much of a coward to say it was a dumb idea....

Old 04-11-2019, 08:44 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,727,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
I want to be the President. I am GAY.

Good luck with that Introduction.

Pete Buttigieg will not be the President.
He hasn’t really said that. Sadly, I think that he had to diffuse the 800-lb gorilla in the room by talking about it up front. So, he brought it up before his opponents did.

Old 04-12-2019, 12:53 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,713,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
No, he has no chance - at least not this election cycle. It's too close on the heels of having a gay democrat president from 2008-2016. Granted that one was in the closet albeit with a really bad "beard", but then he had the "advantage" of being black .... well HALF black, and a muslime to boot. ButtGig is too pasty white to get the nomination this soon while the DNC move radical left at light speed.
Wow...

Old 04-12-2019, 10:30 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,460,264 times
Schultz, Trump, Buttigieg...

Who wins?

If neither Schultz or Buttigieg were in the race, I would vote Trump.

I don't like some of the things Schultz is saying. But, he has been very successful in business.

Honestly I would probably vote for Buttigieg and vote R for local reps. A D for president and a R Congress is the perfect setup.

Personally I am tired of the religious right running the Republican Party. I tend to side more conservative but not on social issues. Pence is the perfect example, what an a-hole.

Old 04-12-2019, 10:40 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,713,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Schultz...Buttigieg...

Who wins
They're not going to win the nomination. So who cares?

Last edited by citidata18; 04-12-2019 at 11:41 AM..

Old 04-12-2019, 11:28 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,123,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Rising star Pete Buttigieg has defied a lot of expectations so far, bringing in $7 million in the course of barely 2 months, starting with virtually no established donor network, and very little name recognition outside of Indiana.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/08/polit...nce/index.html

He's 37, openly gay, and married for the past 3 years, Navy veteran who deployed to Afghanistan, Harvard Graduate, and Oxford Rhodes Scholar, worked at the McKinsey Consulting firm, and speaks 7 languages, allegedly, not sure how fluent he is.

I live in the South Bend's neighbor city of Mishawaka, but I work in South Bend and visit there almost every day, even when I am not working. South Bend has seen a lot of changes, and there are people who have pride in the city again, most people feel that it's no longer dying, although it still has a lot to do to catch up with other peer cities. I really should work on gathering a photo collage of what downtown South Bend looked like in 2011 compared with how it looks now. 3 high rises were mostly vacant, two one way 4 lane roads cutting through downtown making it very difficult to cross both streets as a pedestrian or ride a bike, now have been converted to one way streets with dedicated green bike path on the sidewalk, there's been over $350 million in private development downtown in the past 6 years with more on the way. South Bend is small on a national scale, only 102,000 people, MSA of 316,000 people.

So what do you think, does this guy stand a chance in the Democratic Primaries?
Sure. His belligerent, 'I'm ***** and hate the Vice President ' is so mainstream.

Old 04-12-2019, 12:21 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,982,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
The early jump up may mean he has to get a third place or better in Iowa or NH to be considered as performing well. Fifth probably won't cut it.

Sanders seems the most likely to make early top 3. After that it not clear. Probably Harris. Maybe Biden or McAuliffe.
He was third at a poll in Iowa that came out yesterday.

Old 04-12-2019, 01:06 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,252,674 times
No chance at all.

Old 04-12-2019, 01:20 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,644,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
No chance at all.
Care to explain?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections