Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 11:18 AM

9,511 posts, read 4,346,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Yes. Republicans are in danger
The opposite. Kansas just proved that the Dem claim that Roe V Wade being overturned was tantamount to a nationwide abortion ban was just hysterical fake drama. The Kansas vote is actually very good for Repubs, it showed how little understanding Democrats have of how the law works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2022, 11:19 AM

25,964 posts, read 22,132,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
Sorry to all the libs here but I don't think the Kansas vote is a sign of happy days for the dems in Nov. Single issue voters won't carry the day when there are so many pressing/depressing issues for voters to focus on. It's entirely possible, even probable, that voters can vote to keep abortion viable but still not want to go along with the whole democrat craziness that is being pushed.

Kansas was the perfect example of why the Supreme Court decision was so important. It allows each state to determine for itself how it wants to handle abortion. Maybe we can escape the hysterical cries and threats and violence the left has been pushing over this decision. See, lefties? This is the way it should work. Each state will decide abortion rights.

Personally, I would have no problem at all if every state put abortion on the ballot for the citizens to decide. I would bet the strong majority would allow abortion in many cases. Then, maybe the madness of zealots on both sides would stop and the voters can make their choices on the everyday issues that most affect us all, such as the economy, health care, schools, illegal immigration, etc.
The counties that voted for this have the abortion clinics, the wealthy counties of Kansas, which is where the two doctors that brought the original argument to SC practice at their abortion clinic. This was a very important primary as we need to rid ourselves of a Democratic governor, and this was the primary for both Republicans and Democrats. Sadly, a lot of people were not even aware this was going to be voted on, and don't usually participate in the primary, so it is not necessarily representative of anything other than the abortionists being able to publicize this in the bigger wealthy areas and get those people to the polls on this one issue. It was critical to get out and choose the best candidate for the Republicans, our current attorney general, which we have chosen to run against Kelly (who has destroyed the economy and only gets votes because she fights things like work requirements for public assistance/food stamp recipients. She was put in her place a few times during COVID as an old school teacher doesn't understand much about how government works.

Kansas does have some restrictions that other states don't regarding minors, getting a sonogram, being aware of baby development, etc.

This is a great article with the facts, not the garbage the abortionists in the states got out there to win (plus destroying signs, banners, etc.), of course, lying is something they excel in. The article goes into the history of why it is in the Constitution, and what the future could hold.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/poli...263843377.html

I did find it interesting that it was not a woman's group that brought forth the change in the Constitutional, but two abortion doctors from Overland Park, but I guess they had business interests in doing this. I am sure they hope to gain business from MO being fairly close to the border. Money talks, and people listen.

Old 08-04-2022, 11:27 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
The opposite. Kansas just proved that the Dem claim that Roe V Wade being overturned was tantamount to a nationwide abortion ban was just hysterical fake drama. The Kansas vote is actually very good for Repubs, it showed how little understanding Democrats have of how the law works.
They are obsessed with abortions on demand.

Old 08-04-2022, 11:36 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
No one stated it was nationwide ban on abortion, just that overturning Roe allowed these red states to not only pass new laws but revert to laws from the last century that were still on the books. There are 10 states with complete bans, 4 others with bans at 6 weeks and others with pending legislation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The counties that voted for this have the abortion clinics, the wealthy counties of Kansas, which is where the two doctors that brought the original argument to SC practice at their abortion clinic. This was a very important primary as we need to rid ourselves of a Democratic governor, and this was the primary for both Republicans and Democrats. Sadly, a lot of people were not even aware this was going to be voted on, and don't usually participate in the primary, so it is not necessarily representative of anything other than the abortionists being able to publicize this in the bigger wealthy areas and get those people to the polls on this one issue. It was critical to get out and choose the best candidate for the Republicans, our current attorney general, which we have chosen to run against Kelly (who has destroyed the economy and only gets votes because she fights things like work requirements for public assistance/food stamp recipients. She was put in her place a few times during COVID as an old school teacher doesn't understand much about how government works.

Kansas does have some restrictions that other states don't regarding minors, getting a sonogram, being aware of baby development, etc.

This is a great article with the facts, not the garbage the abortionists in the states got out there to win (plus destroying signs, banners, etc.), of course, lying is something they excel in. The article goes into the history of why it is in the Constitution, and what the future could hold.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/poli...263843377.html

I did find it interesting that it was not a woman's group that brought forth the change in the Constitutional, but two abortion doctors from Overland Park, but I guess they had business interests in doing this. I am sure they hope to gain business from MO being fairly close to the border. Money talks, and people listen.
This has nothing to do with the primaries other than they chose to try to slide this amendment through now rather than on election day, one might ask why?

No idea why you keep bringing up the governor as it has nothing to do with this vote, the two primaries were a side issue, this was the main event.

The pro-life got their wish with the overturning of Roe but as anyone can see they have created a legal and moral mess. I sure don't expect this to be the only issue in November but anyone that thinks that this won't have an impact on the upcoming elections is kidding themselves. I expect many more horror stories to come out in the next few months.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:14 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,541,930 times
It's hilarious watching the republicans try to spin this in their favor.

Restricting abortion has been a cornerstone of the republican platform for decades. The voters of Kansas just told everybody that that cornerstone platform item is extremely unpopular. And that's supposed to tell us that the republican platform has somehow been vindicated?

Old 08-04-2022, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
It's hilarious watching the republicans try to spin this in their favor.

Restricting abortion has been a cornerstone of the republican platform for decades. The voters of Kansas just told everybody that that cornerstone platform item is extremely unpopular. And that's supposed to tell us that the republican platform has somehow been vindicated?

Is that your spin? You make it sound that Kansas just turned into a blue state. Kansas has regulations on abortions until 20 weeks (22 weeks after the last menstrual period) I'm sure Liberals would want NO regulations. I have no problem with Kansas results.

I love people who are 1 issue voter.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:43 PM

20,873 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
You make it sound that Kansas just turned into a blue state.
I am on record here, and elsewhere, that Kansas is going to gradually transform into a swing state. It is actually fairly similar to Minnesota, demographically. And don't forget I live in Kansas City, and go into Kansas many times every month, so it's not like I'm not familiar with the place.

Old 08-04-2022, 07:31 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Is that your spin? You make it sound that Kansas just turned into a blue state. Kansas has regulations on abortions until 20 weeks (22 weeks after the last menstrual period) I'm sure Liberals would want NO regulations. I have no problem with Kansas results.

I love people who are 1 issue voter.
Well evidently the Kansas GOP had an issue with the current law, that's why they floated an amendment in the middle of the summer. Try to sell this any way you want this will be on the ballot in November.

You have no problem, sure .

Old 08-04-2022, 10:42 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No one stated it was nationwide ban on abortion, just that overturning Roe allowed these red states to not only pass new laws but revert to laws from the last century that were still on the books. There are 10 states with complete bans, 4 others with bans at 6 weeks and others with pending legislation.

This has nothing to do with the primaries other than they chose to try to slide this amendment through now rather than on election day, one might ask why?

No idea why you keep bringing up the governor as it has nothing to do with this vote, the two primaries were a side issue, this was the main event.

The pro-life got their wish with the overturning of Roe but as anyone can see they have created a legal and moral mess. I sure don't expect this to be the only issue in November but anyone that thinks that this won't have an impact on the upcoming elections is kidding themselves. I expect many more horror stories to come out in the next few months.
What is interesting about the Democratic governor is that her facebook page is littered with registered Republicans thanking her for supporting the No vote and telling her they will be back to vote for her in Nov.

Old 08-04-2022, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well evidently the Kansas GOP had an issue with the current law, that's why they floated an amendment in the middle of the summer. Try to sell this any way you want this will be on the ballot in November.

You have no problem, sure .

Over the economy and this mass tax increase by the Democrats? yeah, keep smoking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections