Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 11:13 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
What is interesting about the Democratic governor is that her facebook page is littered with registered Republicans thanking her for supporting the No vote and telling her they will be back to vote for her in Nov.

LMAO!!! Sorry your post is hilarious. Registered Republicans go to her FB page to write that they are voting for her because of abortions and ignore that she vetoed two bills that would have cut state income taxes. She went tyrant during the pandemic. I find it funny her abortion stance being a Catholic.

FB has a lot of fake accounts. Yeah, it's interesting what people want to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2022, 02:13 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
LMAO!!! Sorry your post is hilarious. Registered Republicans go to her FB page to write that they are voting for her because of abortions and ignore that she vetoed two bills that would have cut state income taxes. She went tyrant during the pandemic. I find it funny her abortion stance being a Catholic.

FB has a lot of fake accounts. Yeah, it's interesting what people want to see.
Laugh all you want, they are there along with independents, and it is not a fake page.

She also has a Coalition with Republicans on her campaign website of 160 R's including former elected officials.

State tax pales in importance to reproductive freedom for many women. The max rate is 5.7% there. Whatever the proposed cut was I doubt it amounted to much. Probably not even enough to cover diapers if you were forced to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term.

Plenty of Catholics are pro-choice.

What's interesting is that Republicans are too stupid to realize that millions of Republican women did not vote them into office to do anything about abortion and yet here we are. We will be voting them out by the millions.

Old 08-05-2022, 05:40 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,056,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I am on record here, and elsewhere, that Kansas is going to gradually transform into a swing state. It is actually fairly similar to Minnesota, demographically. And don't forget I live in Kansas City, and go into Kansas many times every month, so it's not like I'm not familiar with the place.

Word. I live in Johnson County KS. Everyone I know except the Value Them Both yard signers are fist bumping. Even down south of I-435, people are not happy with MAGA Republicanism.

Old 08-05-2022, 05:44 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
What is interesting about the Democratic governor is that her facebook page is littered with registered Republicans thanking her for supporting the No vote and telling her they will be back to vote for her in Nov.
The republican running for Governor, Eric Schmidt supported both the overturn of Roe and the measure to amend the constitution so that will obviously have an impact on his election chances. Many moderates and republicans crossed over on this vote and the same can be expected in November.

Old 08-05-2022, 06:09 AM

Quote:

You still use Facebook? But seriously, this one crossed party lines. They'll figure out a way to get it done through the state supreme court, eventually. But for now, the voters have joined in, which is good. Many states don't even allow their electorate to explicitly decide on the issue.

Old 08-05-2022, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The republican running for Governor, Eric Schmidt supported both the overturn of Roe and the measure to amend the constitution so that will obviously have an impact on his election chances. Many moderates and republicans crossed over on this vote and the same can be expected in November.

No, I think KS will elect the Gubernatorial R in November, as long as he/she is not an off-the-deep-end right wing nut job, like the R candidate for State Attorney General - Kobach.

Old 08-05-2022, 06:15 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Sounds awfully more like Democrats and power. Democrats are the one that needs a big government to pass their agenda.
Plenty of people deluded enough to buy into this, I will grant you that. Especially here in the echo chamber, it's all about what "sounds right" and "feels good".

The Fascist Right has always been the greatest threat to our liberties and the rule of law here in the USA. Just look back over the last 100 years. All the way from the coup attempt funded by Hitler and propelled by the Right in the 1930's to depose Franklin Roosevelt, on through their most recent coup attempt on Jan 6 2021. It doesn't take a PhD in political science or a prophet to comprehend this.

I will agree with you on this much - the idea that "it can't happen here" in the USA is limousine liberal Disneyland thinking. Obama the hope addict was clueless to the threat and milquetoast Biden does not seem too worried either.

The overturning of Roe v Wade, as we saw in Kansas is awakening voters out in the heartland. Up until now, it was all a game being played far, far away. But Roe touches everyone and with 60%-70% of the American people in opposition to abortion bans, we are going to see more fallout for Republicans at the ballot box.

But this will be minor in comparison to what will happen if SCOTUS “reconsiders” its past rulings granting rights to contraception access, same-sex relationships and same-sex marriage. All of which Clarence Thomas has promised to revisit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you don't know anything about the Wall Street Putsch, otherwise knows as the Business Plot in the 1930's here are a couple of links.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-attempt-1930s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot

Last edited by GearHeadDave; 08-05-2022 at 06:24 AM..

Old 08-05-2022, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
His staff doesn't think so. As a result of an email I sent his office on the subject, someone from his office actually called me. And I quote, "yes we supported the amendment, but it didn't impact our election."

After I told him pro choice women all over the country would be working to ensure his bosses defeat, he got testy and actually taunted me to "remember this conversation in Nov." LOL

Why they would bother to call someone in FL is beyond me, but if that is how they talk to voters in KS I think they will be seeing a lot more defecting Republicans!

Old 08-05-2022, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
You still use Facebook? But seriously, this one crossed party lines. They'll figure out a way to get it done through the state supreme court, eventually. But for now, the voters have joined in, which is good. Many states don't even allow their electorate to explicitly decide on the issue.
I don't use facebook lol, but I have access to my husbands account and am currently using it to keep tabs on certain candidates and groups working abortion rights issues.

It's a good way to get a quick snapshot of a candidates position without wading through a lot of news articles.

And yes, I agree the anti-choice people will be back. Kansans have only held the line so to speak for now. There are virtually no pro-choice Republican politicians any more so the only permanent solution is voting them all out or funding their opponents in states where you don't have a vote.

Old 08-05-2022, 03:01 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
His staff doesn't think so. As a result of an email I sent his office on the subject, someone from his office actually called me. And I quote, "yes we supported the amendment, but it didn't impact our election."

After I told him pro choice women all over the country would be working to ensure his bosses defeat, he got testy and actually taunted me to "remember this conversation in Nov." LOL

Why they would bother to call someone in FL is beyond me, but if that is how they talk to voters in KS I think they will be seeing a lot more defecting Republicans!
We will see about that in November with his support for a ban, many republicans crossed over to vote no. The question is, will that impact the GOP.

This was a large campaign by both sides spending over $5 million, I just think how much good that could have done in Kansas if they just let it be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections