Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2022, 02:37 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Bolded is separate from aborting a "fetal anomaly" baby.

Mothers health takes precedence because ... drumroll ... shocker of all shocker ... wait for it .. if she she dies ... so does the baby. Reproductive health is hard, I know.

As far as medical testing, you'd rather take the chance that the doctor kills a healthy baby because he is mistaken? You believe medicine is that perfect?

What happens when the scans get switched? Or read incorrectly? Or the machine malfunctions? Or the doctor is just wrong?

And the healthy baby is aborted? Cool with that? Yes or no

Set all the puppies on fire.
Why would anyone be “cool with that”?

That would be absolutely tragic. And malpractice.

Regardless, it’s not your decision to make unless you are the parents.

It could also happen that someone with a cancerous leg that needs amputation gets the wrong leg amputated. Do you want to legislate that no one can get cancer treatment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2022, 02:38 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Quote:
Then you are OK with a law that healthy babies in healthy mothers in third trimester cannot be aborted?

Since it never happens, nothing to worry about, and you are in favor of that restriction? Yes?
The only reason I spend any time even discussing this issue is because I know it is a false narrative created by the anti-abortion crowd in order to promote their extreme agendas.

It is not a real situation that is happening.

When I contact my elected representatives regarding legislation, I do not ask them to address non-existent problems about abortion or any other issue.

Old 09-24-2022, 02:39 PM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
What are you talking about? It's not because I "think I can make my case". It's my personal viewpoint. And has been ... for a long time.

I no more want a late term abortion of a baby with medical issues than I would want a baby born with the same medical issues to be murdered on the delivery room table ... because, well, he ain't gonna live anyway, might as well get it over with.

Is the baby dead in utero? You'll get a totally different answer from me.

In one of the bluest of the blue districts, IN-01, that has been a Dem stronghold for over a hundred years, has a real legit chance of flipping.

And the flipper would be someone who is unapologetically pro life.

Also, the only people who are yammering on about the right to abortion are the ones who were always yammering about it.

People have bigger fish to fry in the midterms. If they can even afford a fish that is.

So no medical degree or knowledge just your personal opinion on how women should handle their non viable pregnancy.

Old 09-24-2022, 02:52 PM

17,426 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
So no medical degree or knowledge just your personal opinion on how women should handle their non viable pregnancy.

I think you thought I was going to dance around what my opinion was on late term abortion - like you did and do.

I didn't.

So now you get to say I don't get to have an opinion because there isn't a MD behind my name?

My opinion is no more or less valid than yours.

Old 09-24-2022, 02:57 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
The only reason I spend any time even discussing this issue is because I know it is a false narrative created by the anti-abortion crowd in order to promote their extreme agendas.

It is not a real situation that is happening.

When I contact my elected representatives regarding legislation, I do not ask them to address non-existent problems about abortion or any other issue.
So if it's not happening, then you are fully onboard with abortion restrictions.

What's your cut-off? How many weeks?

Old 09-24-2022, 03:04 PM

Quote:
I think you thought I was going to dance around what my opinion was on late term abortion - like you did and do.

I didn't.

So now you get to say I don't get to have an opinion because there isn't a MD behind my name?

My opinion is no more or less valid than yours.
I never said you didn’t get an opinion or it wasn’t valid.
Your LTA with fetal anomalies opinion is based on feelings not necessarily medical facts.
I’m supporting a woman and her doctors informed decisions.

Old 09-24-2022, 03:11 PM

17,426 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I never said you didn’t get an opinion or it wasn’t valid.
Your LTA with fetal anomalies opinion is based on feelings not necessarily medical facts.
I’m supporting a woman and her doctors informed decisions.
And I'm anti murder.

But I love how you keep trying to muddy the waters with fetal anomalies and insisting it's a woman AND her doctor -when I've posted that at least in DC, a woman can kill her baby no questions asked.

Old 09-24-2022, 03:16 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Back to the Indiana law.

The law (temporarily suspended by a judge after one week) bans abortion from conception except in limited circumstances.

And unless the embryos are created using IVF. If you destroy embryos or reduce them in utero, that’s ok.

Why is that? Are those lives not as important as the ones created by sex?

Is it because it’s ok to destroy lives if you wanted them, but not ok if you don’t? Ok to destroy lives when you had some noble intention, not ok if you didn’t?

Seems odd to me that the law would make such a distinction, as restrictive as it is.

(I have no issues with IVF, FTR).

Old 09-24-2022, 03:22 PM

Quote:
And I'm anti murder.

But I love how you keep trying to muddy the waters with fetal anomalies and insisting it's a woman AND her doctor -when I've posted that at least in DC, a woman can kill her baby no questions asked.
Women aborting a healthy babies late term doesn’t mean there aren’t women who abort due to legitimate medical reasons. Which you constantly ignore because you think they should carry a fatal pregnancy and give birth. Ignoring her medical needs.

Old 09-24-2022, 03:27 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times
Quote:
So if it's not happening, then you are fully onboard with abortion restrictions.

What's your cut-off? How many weeks?
I am not in favor of the restrictions in the Indiana abortion law.

Cut-off for what? There are multiple situations involving abortion. One cut-off does not fit all these situations.

In general I am in favor of legislation that codifies the provisions that were permitted by Roe.

Beyond that, the devil is in the details, so each piece of legislation must be taken on its own.

Further, as long as anti-abortion advocates are pushing more and more extreme agendas, I will support laws that defeat those agendas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections