Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2022, 09:12 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Tennessee doctors, including Republicans who serve in the legislature, think it could happen-

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/lo...7-48b3ecbac5ee
You're falling for the theater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2022, 09:20 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,768 times
Some people cannot debate in good faith. I'll leave it to you to decide who.

Old 09-24-2022, 09:21 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What rare case would a healthy woman with a healthy baby need a medically necessary abortion?

Any examples to support your opinion?

Look forward to your fact-based response.
You are not an obstetrician and neither am I. I do not second guess the doctors. Legislators should not be second guessing the doctors either.

Since you are the one who thinks 38-week abortions are so common, do your own research.

I only advocate keeping the option open just in case it might be needed some day.

Old 09-24-2022, 09:24 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,845,258 times
Quote:
What rare case would a healthy woman with a healthy baby need a medically necessary abortion?:
A healthy mother and a healthy fetus is a situation that can change very quickly. I’ve had a friend have a (very much wanted) late term pregnancy loss followed by sepsis and waiting to get permission from a judge to get the stillborn fetus out of her because the doctor was afraid of going to jail could have easily killed her.

Old 09-24-2022, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
A healthy mother and a healthy fetus is a situation that can change very quickly. I’ve had a friend have a (very much wanted) late term pregnancy loss followed by sepsis and waiting to get permission from a judge to get the stillborn fetus out of her because the doctor was afraid of going to jail could have easily killed her.
If the situation "changes" ... then she's not healthy.

Then her doctor is not a doctor. He's afraid of making a bad decision that will hurt his career and land him in jail, saving the patient is just collateral damage.

I'm also shocked that people don't get that doctors have been OK with killing babies for decades.

How much effort do you think they are going to use to fight saving mothers? They're more concerned with their careers and what the "judge" will say.

What does that say about the medical profession in general?

Old 09-24-2022, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
You are not an obstetrician and neither am I. I do not second guess the doctors. Legislators should not be second guessing the doctors either.

Since you are the one who thinks 38-week abortions are so common, do your own research.

I only advocate keeping the option open just in case it might be needed some day.
You stated that in rare situations healthy mothers with healthy babies need medically necessary abortions.

Look forward to your fact-based response as to how that happens. Or are you walking this back? Yep. You are.

Old 09-24-2022, 09:38 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
You stated that in rare situations healthy mothers with healthy babies need medically necessary abortions.

Look forward to your fact-based response as to how that happens. Or are you walking this back? Yep. You are.
Twist it however you want. A baby in utero can die at any time. It could be aborted, induced labor, or stillborn. (Just one example)

YOU are the person claiming 38-week abortions for a healthy mother and healthy child. Where is your proof that this is happening?

Old 09-24-2022, 09:38 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,845,258 times
Quote:
If the situation "changes" ... then she's not healthy.

Then her doctor is not a doctor. He's afraid of making a bad decision that will hurt his career and land him in jail, saving the patient is just collateral damage.
The ‘doctor breaks the law to save a patient’ thing is the movies and tv, not real life. Real life is doctors who aren’t legally allowed to do anything until the situation is so serious the odds of death are unacceptably high and they just give supportive care until that high risk point. It’s happening in Poland already and is coming soon to a hospital near you.

Old 09-24-2022, 09:59 AM

3,694 posts, read 2,414,554 times
I just watched an MSM story and interview (sorry no link) from inside Indiana

And the woman stated that 63% of Hoosiers are pro-choice.

I hope some of the elected officials take note.

In Kansas nearby they had a referendum on abortion but the interview said Indiana state law does not allow for a referendum on this for state Constitutional reasons.

Old 09-24-2022, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Twist it however you want. A baby in utero can die at any time. It could be aborted, induced labor, or stillborn. (Just one example)

YOU are the person claiming 38-week abortions for a healthy mother and healthy child. Where is your proof that this is happening?
Where is your proof that healthy mothers with healthy babies NEED medically necessary abortions?

Note: THIRD TIME I'm asking. What "rare" condition are you talking about?

If you do not believe it happens, then you can happily support restrictions on abortion in healthy women with healthy babies in the third trimester? Since it's not happening, you aren't opposed to the restriction, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections