Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2022, 02:01 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,768 times

Advertisements

Well, I know better than to discuss my personal experience on City-Data, having been smacked enough for bringing it up, so I'll stay quiet. Nonetheless, I will be interested to see what comes of Indiana's law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2022, 02:03 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,324,092 times
I have posted before about the good old days when newborns were drowned in toilet bowls, thrown into dumpsters, etc., but there was something else back in the good old days. SUICIDE. I was watching an old show where a poor, young woman was having an affair with a prominent, rich man. When she told him she was pregnant, he told her "do what you have to do".

Long before she ever showed, she hung herself from the rafters in her barn. Shame to the family who would disown her and her baby. Corpses cannot deliver healthy babies.

Suicide wasn't common? I read that suicide was a legal option for an abortion back in the day. So would you Pro-Birth people put these women in jail or institution for 9 months so they would give birth?????

Old 09-24-2022, 02:08 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,324,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Welcome to the conversation.

We are discussing late term abortions.
That is because you think you can make your case with late term abortions, but there are states wanting to ban early term abortions as well. And what about those newborns being discarded left to die? VERY LATE term abortions?????

Old 09-24-2022, 02:10 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Saw a FB conversion yesterday on a nonreligious pro life FB page. Person was asking for advice as she had a friend (male) who told her that his fiancé )female) has n abortion. She didn't know what to say and quickly ended the phone conversation, wanted to know what to do next.

Pro lifers responses were asking about the friend, the relationship, despise the deed, love the friend, offer kindness, etc.

Pro abortion poster jumped in with "Congratulations on the abortion!" and stated that it was great that they made that decision since they were young and could party more before they settled down with or without kids.

Congratulations. On. The. Abortion.

Sick.

Safe, legal and RARE? Yeah, right. Up until birth just because.

Old 09-24-2022, 02:10 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
That is because you think you can make your case with late term abortions, but there are states wanting to ban early term abortions as well. And what about those newborns being discarded left to die? VERY LATE term abortions?????
Sadly, I personally knew someone who did this, a high school classmate. It was tragic. Absolutely destroyed her parents.

Old 09-24-2022, 02:14 PM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Yes.

See how easy that is? Simple yes or no answer. No tap dancing.
So I understand. You want a woman to remain pregnant with a baby who has fatal anomalies to give birth?

Are you a doctor? Do you have any medical knowledge the danger her body is in if she remains pregnant? Do you have medical knowledge what will happen with the baby that won’t live to term?

You would rather her jeopardize her physical and emotional health to continue a pregnancy of an infant that most likely die in utero?

Old 09-24-2022, 02:15 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Where is your proof that healthy mothers with healthy babies NEED medically necessary abortions?

Note: THIRD TIME I'm asking. What "rare" condition are you talking about?

If you do not believe it happens, then you can happily support restrictions on abortion in healthy women with healthy babies in the third trimester? Since it's not happening, you aren't opposed to the restriction, right?
There are lots of things I don't believe are happening in this country.

I am against any time/money being spent by elected officials on solving non-existent issues/problems.

There are enough real problems they need to be focusing on.

Old 09-24-2022, 02:15 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Sadly, I personally knew someone who did this, a high school classmate. It was tragic. Absolutely destroyed her parents.
I know someone who was forced to have an abortion at 16. Afterward she slept with anyone, anywhere, anytime. Picked guys up and 10 minutes later, headed to have sex. Dated deadbeats. Years of low self esteem, horrible choices.

Broke down HYSTERICAL in the parking lot of a friend's funeral, staying she was forced to have an abortion when she was a teen. No one had a clue, didn't know her back then.

Finally settled down at 40 when she got pregnant and then married that guy.

Her life would've been so different if she hadn't had an abortion.

This idea that abortion is a MIRACLE CURE!!!! needs to go. It's not.

Old 09-24-2022, 02:18 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
lmao

All these posters complaining and thinking they know what's going on on the ground and none of y'all live in Indiana.

Tell us what is going on on the ground in Indiana if you think we have it wrong.

Old 09-24-2022, 02:18 PM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I have posted before about the good old days when newborns were drowned in toilet bowls, thrown into dumpsters, etc., but there was something else back in the good old days. SUICIDE. I was watching an old show where a poor, young woman was having an affair with a prominent, rich man. When she told him she was pregnant, he told her "do what you have to do".

Long before she ever showed, she hung herself from the rafters in her barn. Shame to the family who would disown her and her baby. Corpses cannot deliver healthy babies.

Suicide wasn't common? I read that suicide was a legal option for an abortion back in the day. So would you Pro-Birth people put these women in jail or institution for 9 months so they would give birth?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Not uncommon. My high school it happened. Desperate women do desperate things. Falling down stairs. Having someone hit the in the stomach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections