Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2022, 11:45 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,419,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Um, no, I didn't say that a deaf person can't be a senator. I said that MSBC said that Fetterman can't comprehend speech. A deaf person can't hear speech; there's a difference. Whether a deaf person can be senator or not isn't the issue here.
As noted in my previous post, deafness isn't limited to whether one's ear drums are working. It can also include difficulty in interpreting/comprehending the sound of language.

Right now, Mr. Fetterman has a disability, possibly a permanent one. And there are those in the GOP, including Dr. Oz and his campaign, who are disparaging him for that disability.

But Mr. Fetterman does retain comprehension and rational thought, according to people who have interviewed him. He simply requires "closed captioning" to understand what people are saying to him, and occasionally mispronounces some words when he talks.

As Mr. Fetterman is only exhibiting an issue with hearing and comprehending someone else's spoken words. Why would his version of deafness preclude him from performing the role of the United States Senator from Pennsylvania?

Old 10-12-2022, 11:51 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
No, you're trying to fit the narrative that Mr. Fetterman lacks total comprehension when the MSNBC source has made the point that his lack of comprehension has to do with Mr. Fetterman's problems with processing audio speech that he's heard. That's a form of deafness...and it isn't up for debate.

If Mr. Fetterman is, in your words, 'simply a dullard', then he'll be exposed during his upcoming debate with Dr. Oz.
Lol. Nope, it’s a form of not being able to understand, but it’s funny how you continued to say that others said he was deaf when they didn’t, and now you’re claiming deafness.

He’s already been exposed, and wouldn’t debate Oz until after mail in voting started because he knows he’ll continue to look worse. After all he blamed his inability to debate due to his stroke. To believe the clown could represent an entire state is hilarious, and that’s not even counting what a lousy mayor he was in what’s still a lousy town. He’s incompetent all the way around.

Old 10-12-2022, 12:04 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,711,302 times
Quote:
That's a euphemism for saying he has brain damage. I'm no neurologist, but I'm pretty sure brain damage doesn't resolve in people his age.
I am in the medical field---for more than 50years--- and with all due respect you are wrong.

Old 10-12-2022, 12:08 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
I am in the medical field---for more than 50years--- and with all due respect you are wrong.
So tell me, what part of the body does a stroke damage? What part of the body processes auditory signals? If a person who can process auditory signals has a stroke and can no longer process auditory signals, what part of the body has been damaged?
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 10-12-2022, 12:11 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,419,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. Nope, it’s a form of not being able to understand, but it’s funny how you continued to say that others said he was deaf when they didn’t, and now you’re claiming deafness.
I'm saying that it's a form of deafness.

Quote:
He’s already been exposed, and wouldn’t debate Oz until after mail in voting started because he knows he’ll continue to look worse. After all he blamed his inability to debate due to his stroke. To believe the clown could represent an entire state is hilarious, and that’s not even counting what a lousy mayor he was in what’s still a lousy town. He’s incompetent all the way around.
Nice Vizzini impersonation.

Old 10-12-2022, 12:15 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:

Nice Vizzini impersonation.
It’s a form of incompetence and a lack of comprehension

Nah, just the truth as he has a lousy resume.

Old 10-12-2022, 12:57 PM

10,873 posts, read 4,546,402 times
Quote:
John Fetterman has a resolving auditory processing issue and not a cognitive issue.

Although the term auditory is associated with hearing, auditory processing issues relate to the sequence of sounds we hear that get processed into words/language. In our lieutenant-governor's case it means he occasionally will process a spoken/heard word into one with missing or mashed syllables. His mind/brain/intellect recognizes this and he is then able to adjust it and/or search out the correct phrase or word. In his case these mistakes are resolving faster and with less occurrences as the weeks have passed. Of course, the speed of his recovery is due to hard work & determination at therapy.

Again: This is neither a cognitive nor intellectual issue as some on this thread insist. He has no changes to his mental action of acquiring knowledge or understanding through thought. Full Stop.

It might be possible to overlook the mocking of physical ailments & the onslaught of never-ending lies & bogus assertions--- attacking John Fetterman as a brain-dead dunce and a stroke dullard--- by ignorant posters, but it is wholly inexcusable coming from the candidate, Dr. Oz. You know, the discredited MAGA doctor, turned TV star, who touts his medical knowledge and supposed compassion and people skills as a reason to be my senator.

Shameful, all of it. And it is highly unlikely that either will stop as both, the posters on this thread and Oz himself, have repeatedly shown us they are immune to facts and bereft of decency.

fetterman: "yes, by all means I am for sending some dukes to russia...."

...not an issue at all lol

Old 10-12-2022, 01:03 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,711,302 times
Quote:
So tell me, what part of the body does a stroke damage? What part of the body processes auditory signals? If a person who can process auditory signals has a stroke and can no longer process auditory signals, what part of the body has been damaged?
It seems to me, even as you twist & tweak your point, you want only to argue your inaccurate layperson's diagnoses, treatment and outcome for John Fetterman's issue. Based on what clearly you think are a series of gotcha questions, I full well know the answers will be picked apart, by pouncing posters, until we are all down a rabbit hole filled with voo doo science and crude artless conclusions.

I don't do disingenuous rabbit holes on social media. I gave a detailed, medically sound, yet easy to understand explanation, in my previous post, that accurately addressed the specificity and progress of our lieutenant-governor's medical diagnosis. Not my concern if posters choose to deliberately ignore the facts or can't comprehend the facts. I gave them clearly & truthfully.

John Fetterman has a resolving auditory processing issue and not a cognitive issue. One more time: His is neither a cognitive nor intellectual issue as some on this thread insist. He has no changes to his mental action of acquiring knowledge or understanding through thought.

Peace.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 10-12-2022 at 01:23 PM..

Old 10-12-2022, 01:10 PM

Quote:

it is not in the least.

Old 10-12-2022, 01:20 PM

Quote:
It seems to me, even as you twist & change your point, you want only to argue your inaccurate layperson's diagnoses, treatment and outcome for John Fetterman's issue. Based on what clearly you think are a series of gotcha questions, I full well know the answers will be picked apart, by pouncing posters, until we are all down a rabbit hole filled with voo doo science and crude artless conclusions.

I don't do disingenuous rabbit holes. I gave a detailed, medically sound, yet easy to understand explanation that accurately addressed the specificity and progress of our lieutenant-governor's issue. Not my concern if posters choose to deliberately ignore the facts or can't comprehend the facts. I gave them clearly & truthfully.

John Fetterman has a resolving auditory processing issue and not a cognitive issue. One more time: His is neither a cognitive nor intellectual issue as some on this thread insist. He has no changes to his mental action of acquiring knowledge or understanding through thought.

I actually agree with you on some of this...

he may or maynot have intellectual issues and that is ANOTHER thread.

I actually did a thesis almost 20 years ago on using the auditory processing part of your brain to improve reading comprehension.

but as I alluded to in another recent post, if he processes 'lets launch the nukes' with 'lets lunch with the dukes' we be in deep doo doo.

It fetterman was mentally impaired as to word meaning and judgement, no amount of close captioning would have bridged the gap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections