Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2022, 04:02 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Nah. Democracy is a pretty darn great issue to run on as well. Always decent to support and protect a foundational principle of the United States of America, especially one that is seriously endangered by MAGA Republican candidates.

American voters, here in 2022, are ranking threats to democracy as their No. 1 concern, and this year more than half of GOP candidates are Big Lie believers. They fail the basic litmus test of democracy when they don’t think that Joe Biden legitimately won the 2020 election.

Women's rights and democracy are popular in these United States of America, and both will be protected and supported and advanced by Democratic Party candidates. Not so with the GOP.
How are women's rights not being "protected and supported"? Roe v Wade was overturned but abortion didn't disappear.

You've allowed yourself to be gaslighted by the MSM. The keep saying "the big lie" regarding the 2020 election however, not one MSM outlet investigated what happened in the 2020 election. It's one thing for them to call it "the big lie" if they had thoroughly investigated what happened leaving no stone unturned, such as how Watergate was investigated. Yet not one of them did an investigation. Instead, they resort to gaslighting. Thus "the big lie"

How is democracy being endangered by MAGA republicans? They want our borders secured, want illegal aliens deported and want this woke BS out of our schools. And you consider that as "endangering democracy"?

Old 10-13-2022, 04:12 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,578,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Wrong comparison. MSNBC: John Fetterman "has a hard time understanding what he's hearing...he still has some problems, some challenges with speech...he had a hard time understanding our conversations.".

That's a lot different than stumbling a word or 2 in front of the cameras. The question is can you talk and understand 99 other Senators and their staff and hear what they say to make decisions and strike deals in the U.S. Senate. Can you communicate with citizens and special interests for the everyday business of the U.S. Senate. Can they understand him? The question is NO.
And Trump does

People with disabilities are just as capable and people without disabilities that clips gave you a few examples.

Old 10-13-2022, 04:22 PM

1,839 posts, read 677,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but here is a brief statement of fact that should clearly frame the issue for nearly everyone:

"According to the Pennsylvania abortion laws, a woman can undergo an abortion procedure until 24 weeks from her last menstrual period. An abortion procedure conducted after 24 weeks is only in the case of a severe emergency where the pregnancy threatens the mother’s life or health."

https://herlawyer.com/abortion-laws-pennsylvania/

So, if a resident of PA wants/needs an abortion, it seems to me that 24 weeks (nearly 6 MONTHS) should be plenty of time to get one. So why should abortion even be an issue in this race between Oz and Fetterman?

Oh wait! Now I know the answer to my question. It's because abortion is the ONLY issue that the Dems have, and in PA, it's not really an issue.
For single issue voters on abortion, it is an issue for them.

At the Senate level, it only becomes an issue if Republicans have both House and Senate, and Presidency in 2024, the Republican led Senate ends the filibuster, and they want to pass a restrictive abortion ban. Possibly Susan Collins and Murkowski would vote no, but let's say Republicans have 52 seats or so, and they need 50, and it comes down to Oz's vote. It would be pretty hypocritical for Republicans in Congress to be all for abortion to be decided at the state level, but once they have the power, focus on pushing forward a federal abortion ban, but it wouldn't surprise me.

While PA voters can vote D Senator, R governor, or vice versa, for the most part, Oz is on the same ticket as Mastriano, while Fetterman is on the same ticket as Shapiro. The governor vote is more important for abortion at the state level, but you will have a lot of people go to vote straight down the same party.

Old 10-13-2022, 04:23 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
And Trump does

People with disabilities are just as capable and people without disabilities that clips gave you a few examples.

I knew the TDS was coming. You might not like his style or decisions but Trump didn't have a stroke that left him punch drunk deciding important decision like war. Fetterman as a U.S. Senator has to make those decisions with his vote.

MSNBC (very liberal) : John Fetterman "has a hard time understanding what he's hearing...he still has some problems, some challenges with speech...he had a hard time understanding our conversations."

The primary demand of a U.S. Senator is conversations. Hearing, understanding others and others understanding you. How can he do his job everyday on important issues if he can't understand conversations or what he is being told? He was already dumb before the stroke now it's pretty bad.

I love how the left is trying to minimize the problem by trying to convince the public that is just a "disability" and he will be fine and anybody that questions that is being discriminatory.

Old 10-13-2022, 05:00 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I just can`t relate to a New Jersey guy who owns 8 homes, 2 of which are in another country.
You don't like those foreigners, eh? Or even people who have slightly foreign-ish ties, apparently.

Old 10-13-2022, 05:08 PM

748 posts, read 339,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
You don't like those foreigners, eh? Or even people who have slightly foreign-ish ties, apparently.

How did you get that from a comment about 8 houses ?

Old 10-13-2022, 05:36 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_c55 View Post
That sums it up.

I only mention it because it's been brought up about previous candidates. My comment about Oz is based on observing his comments.

Asking for proof is rather odd when you know that my comment is based on observation. I'm commenting about both parties, but you refuse to get beyond your partisan blinders and get off your script.
Except you said he doesn’t care about Pennsylvanians…yet he’s done nothing to do or portray that he doesn’t care about them, and you don’t have an explanation as to what he’s done to make this allegation…just muh Republican.

Why can’t someone from another state be a great politician for the state they’re running for, and please be specific? Hillary did it so what’s the difference?

Old 10-13-2022, 06:36 PM

1,411 posts, read 566,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
Did you see McCormick's campaign ads? " I like guns", " My brother likes guns", "My mom likes guns, too", "I also like motorcycles". He never said what he was for or against politically.
He treated PA voters as if they were Neanderthals. Expected them to say, "Duh, he likes guns just like me!, "He likes motorcycles just like me". He ran a crappy campaign and lost.
Mccormick could have played up his fine education, his military, political and financial experience. Instead he dumbed himself down and lost.
No argument with this, yet I still believe he would beat Fetterman/woman.
Tragically, enough moron Dems will vote for the Klingon, and if needed, votes will be "found."

Old 10-13-2022, 06:58 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
And Trump does

It’s always because Trump, lol.

Fetterman can’t comprehend and is more incompetent than ever…it’s a disability that will keep him from being able to properly do the job, and combined with his already lousy resume, the idea that he’s fit to run an entire state is hilarious.

Old 10-13-2022, 07:32 PM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Fetterman is 53 with three young children and a lovely wife. However, he's obviously not in the best of health.

Did his health take a turn for the worse... after he agree to run for Senator?

I don't understand why he'd want the stress of running for public office instead of taking it easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections