Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2022, 11:29 AM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
You sound very closed minded, which does not fit in with the liberal ideals of "tolerant, inclusive, and open-minded".

As a Conservative, I am always open to different perspectives and do not disallow anyone to challenge my own beliefs. This openness has allowed me to change perspectives on a few topics.

We all thrive when our viewpoints are challenged, because it forces us to have solid reasoning to back up our beliefs, not simply emotions.

I completely agree! The Republican Party, today, is now the worker's party. And, the Democratic Party, today, is now the party of the rich and big business.

Gee, I wonder why that is... It certainly does not have anything to do with the elected Democrats, in New York, raising taxes and enacting burdensome regulations that raise the overall cost of living...
Never say never. If my husband, who is disabled and sick, should pass before me, I would definitely sell the house, give the proceeds to daughter to buy a Mother/Daughter house to live in together. We have already talked about this. I would never stay in a place all alone without being near my family in my old age.

I have already stated that I want my remains to be cremated, and brought back to NY; be that in an urn in daughters home, or scattered in the ocean. If I cannot live there, I can rest in peace there. Happy with that for you???

Old 10-15-2022, 11:34 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The government has indeed spent a lot more money due to high unemployment during the pandemic. People need to eat, among other things. It`s a global problem.
Except Sleepy Joe extended the free stuff, added more money to it, extended free rent, etc…, while sOOO many jobs were available, and then tried to extend it again, which you were/are in favor of….and combined with a war that shouldn’t be happening with Sleepy Joe being unable to keep with foreign leaders like his predecessor and sOOO much money being sent out of the country because of it, and now Sleepy Joe wants to print money to pay for folks student loans, the ridiculous spending continues. There’s huge consequences to printing and borrowing money, and we’re seeing the results of it.

Old 10-15-2022, 11:48 AM

6,035 posts, read 2,849,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Never say never. If my husband, who is disabled and sick, should pass before me, I would definitely sell the house, give the proceeds to daughter to buy a Mother/Daughter house to live in together. We have already talked about this. I would never stay in a place all alone without being near my family in my old age.

I have already stated that I want my remains to be cremated, and brought back to NY; be that in an urn in daughters home, or scattered in the ocean. If I cannot live there, I can rest in peace there. Happy with that for you???
I am not sure what any of that has to do with what I posted!

Family is #1, to me. It sounds as though you have a wonderful plan!

I am simply pointing out the irony of what you stated, which is that the same Democratic policies you stated you just voted for are the reason New York has become too expensive to live in, because Democrats regularly enact burdensome taxes and regulations. If New York was run by Republicans, spending would decrease, and, therefore, taxes would decrease, and it would become more affordable to live there.

Old 10-15-2022, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
I am not sure what any of that has to do with what I posted!

Family is #1, to me. It sounds as though you have a wonderful plan!

I am simply pointing out the irony of what you stated, which is that the same Democratic policies you stated you just voted for are the reason New York has become too expensive to live in, because Democrats regularly enact burdensome taxes and regulations. If New York was run by Republicans, spending would decrease, and, therefore, taxes would decrease, and it would become more affordable to live there.
Bingo…they tout Democrat no matter who the candidate is and enable the same consequences of where they couldn’t afford to live. Amazing how folks can’t see how obvious it is because muh Democrat no matter what….and especially promoting Fetterclown.

Old 10-15-2022, 12:33 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I left NY when my HUSBAND got a job in Florida. Actually after he left, I stayed in NY with my 2 daughters for 3 years, one of whom was in SUNY. Husband did not declare Florida residency, and PAID NY TAXES for those years. Given that I was still living and working there, he probably could have declared Florida residency. MY STATUS would have been enough for daughter to get in state tuition. NO??????

We left Florida when he retired because neither of wanted to live there in retirement. Didn't move back to NY in retirement because too expensive on fixed income. PA is still close enough to drive to see family.

As I said 8.7% SS increase, and decrease in Medicare Premiums. My daughter's choice whether to carry a pregnancy or not for whatever reason. Not mine, and certainly not government's. Both my daughters still live in NY. Older daughter moved to Florida for 3 months, and went back to NY.
I'm not going to get into personal motives but Florida has NO state income tax and NO estate income tax. So when you and your husband dies your children or grandchildren doesn't have to pay more taxes that you already paid of your estate. Democrat mentality that you vote for.

Florida has a way better weather for retirement than N.Y. and PA but to each his own.

Your daughter has every business to have all the sex she wants and to abort as many times as she likes until a specific term. I'm sure you and your husband considered both of your daughters a life in your womb at a specific term and already had their names picked out before they were born and you taught them how valuable life is, respect life, and have responsibility for their actions like you did yours.

I hope you are in your granddaughters lives and care about their well being and don't have the attitude that "is not of my business". I'm sure if your granddaughters are being neglected you and your husband have the responsibility and duty to protect them.

If you are a die hard liberal New Yorker then you must retired in New York because that is the politics you have voted all your life. You must live and suffer what you voted for and spread here in this forum but you can't afford N.Y. in your limited income and want PA to turn into N.Y.

When you can't afford PA, where are you moving? back to N.Y. to live with your daughters and grandchildren? What does dealing with inflation and government spending has to do with abortions on demand up to the 9th month? I don't see the connection at all. The more abortions the lower the inflation and government spending get?

Old 10-15-2022, 12:44 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_c55 View Post
Both parties have real issues. Democrats haven't helped inflation and the GOP hasn't offered much to help it either.
It isn’t that Democrats “haven’t helped” inflation. They caused it. All by themselves with no assistance from the GOP.

Old 10-15-2022, 12:44 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Both parties have real issues. Democrats haven't helped inflation and the GOP hasn't offered much to help it either.

The GOP is not in power and you need to control spending to deal with inflation. So don't say both parties are in the same position. 1 has power and the other one doesn't.

Old 10-15-2022, 01:05 PM

748 posts, read 339,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
It isn’t that Democrats “haven’t helped” inflation. They caused it. All by themselves with no assistance from the GOP.

They caused inflation in Europe and Asia too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
The GOP is not in power and you need to control spending to deal with inflation. So don't say both parties are in the same position. 1 has power and the other one doesn't.

I didn't say that the GOP is in power and I didn't say that they are in the same position. I also wasn't referring to specifically the last two years. I also referred to policy.

Old 10-15-2022, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I said he's not taking it seriously from simple observations of watching the campaign. It's my opinion, but you don't really care.
Oz has a R after his name, so he could be a pet rock and you'll vote for him.

Many Democrats will vote for the D.

It's what you all do.

I'm not deflecting. You are. I simply commented about the state thing. I said nothing one way or the other about it in terms of qualification.

You are being irrationally defensive about it and acting like I'm saying something false, so you deflect.

Your opinion should still come with reasons why you feel this way, yet still nothing to back up why he’s not taking it seriously, so it’s obviously because muh Republican.

Funny how you bring up a pet rock as Fetterclowns mental capacity and comprehension doesn’t appear far from that…and you’ll still vote for him because muh Democrat.

Many folks will certainly vote for the D no matter what, even for a Dem with a terrible resume, chased an innocent black man with a gun, vandalized a black man’s business, evades taxes, has freeloaded off his parents most all his life, defends and enables criminals, recently had a stroke that causes him not to be competent and comprehend properly, etc…

Your refusal to back up your claims results in constant deflection, as you have no explanation as to why someone from another state can’t be a great politician from another state. You, as usual, have no proof or reasons to your claims, and it’s hilarious how you say I’m being irrationally defensive when I’m simply asking for reasons and proof to your claims, to which you obviously have none, so your response is “my observations” instead, lol

Last edited by erieguy; 10-15-2022 at 01:34 PM..

Old 10-15-2022, 01:29 PM

899 posts, read 541,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
In other words, still nothing to back up your claims that he’s not taking it seriously…jut muh Republican.

Funny how you bring up a pet rock as Fetterclowns mental capacity and comprehension doesn’t appear far from that…and you’ll still vote for him because muh Democrat.

You have no explanation as to why someone from another state can’t be a great politician from another state. You, as usual, have no proof or reasons to your claims, and it’s hilarious how you say I’m being irrationally defensive when you continue to make unfounded claims with nothing to back them up and respond with “my observations” instead, lol
Ever since the national Democrats parachuted HRC into the NY senate election in 2020, despite no shortage of highly qualified local candidates gearing up to campaign for the seat, the Democrats really have no grounds to complain about Oz being from out of state. If anything, Oz has closer connections to PA than HRC ever did to New York.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections