Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2022, 11:16 AM

1,411 posts, read 566,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugged View Post
Several reasons for this - Oz is seen as an outsider as some of these responses in this forum shows, Fetterman has the "home field" advantage of being Lt. Governor, the fact that OZ barely won his primary so that he was never the first choice for many republicans, and the issue of the abortion for some is the only issue that matters. Finally, there are some that will just vote for anyone, including someone with cognitive issues that cannot even coherently communicate anymore, that has a "D" beside their name.

But race has tightened considerably in last few months.
If McCormick was the candidate, rather than dumbazz Trump's choice of Oz, the race wouldn't even be close, IMHO.

Old 10-13-2022, 11:22 AM

13,278 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
If McCormick was the candidate, rather than dumbazz Trump's choice of Oz, the race wouldn't even be close, IMHO.
Bingo!

Old 10-13-2022, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Maybe we could do better but I want a Pennsylvanian as a Senator from Pennsylvania. I just can`t relate to a New Jersey guy who owns 8 homes, 2 of which are in another country.
So, when Hildabeast ran in New York, would you have voted for her?
The hypocrisy of the leftist partisan sheeple knows no bounds.
I thought you lefties always ascribed xenophobia such as this the exclusive province of "right wingers" and "white nationalists"?

Old 10-13-2022, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
What exactly qualifies Mehmet Oz to be a competent senator for Pennsylvanians? I haven't seen anything in any of the numerous threads on this forum that presents an answer to this question.

For sure we get constant regurgitation of the candidate's mendacious attack ads and bogus smears against his opponent our current lieutenant governor. We hear how his discredited medical TV show makes him a success. We are bombarded with the pathetic notion that the financial fortune he has amassed ---from selling bogus diet pills to women and discredited COVID treatments to the country and marrying into a $3 Billion fortune--- equates to ethical leadership. We are told the MAGA seal of approval---and the long list of grievances, fear mongering and loyalty to Trump that accompanies it--- falsely translates to substantive ideas & policies for good governance. But where is the credible evidence that he deserves our vote for the serious responsibility of being our senator??

My questions are quite genuine. What does MAGA Republican "America First" candidate Mehmet Oz--- who maintains dual citizenship with Turkey, served in the Turkish Army, owns real estate in Turkey, has an endorsement deal with Turkish Airlines, and voted in Turkey’s 2018 presidential election---known for his knack for quackery, offer the people of Pennsylvania? All I see is a TV star who resides in New Jersey and works in New York, who has been anointed a candidate by the GOP to parachute into Pennsylvania to secure a Senate seat to advance their extreme and radical MAGA Republican White nationalist, anti-women, anti-democracy agenda. What are his value priorities? Where exactly are his loyalties? And what are his specific plans to advance Pennsylvania and her men and women and their families?

Pennsylvanians know the successful story of Lieutenant-governor John Fetterman's dedication and service to us and our commonwealth. It has been factually and credibly reported in this thread and well documented throughout his years as a public servant. He is running on the same issues he's valued and the policies he's advanced for the past 2 decades: Pennsylvania jobs & businesses, women's rights, free and fair elections, rule of law, incarceration honesty and educational sanity.

John Fetterman a born and raised Pennsylvanian is running for the Senate to SERVE Pennsylvanians.
Mehmet OZ a MAGA sanctioned carpetbagger is running for the Senate to USE Pennsylvanians.

I see no evidence that suggests otherwise.
If you believe this absurd mishmash of counter factual twaddle and partisan bloviating, you must be a true Fetterman/woman acolyte. " Incarceration honesty", that's a new leftspeak howler!
Please list all of the many accomplishments the phony Klingon achieved in that garden spot of Braddock?
It's SO much better since he played at being mayor.
As I said in another post, the xenophobia on display here is supposed to be only spoken by those nasty MAGA ( Republican Nazis, Fascists, white nationalist, right whing, yada, yada devils.
Yet, I would bet if in the near future, a former illegal alien was running in PA and espoused the same idiotic DNC positions, you would for him/her/it in a NY minute, even if they were born & raised in Guadalajara.

Old 10-13-2022, 12:17 PM

748 posts, read 339,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Bingo…the folks crying about Oz are voting Democrat no matter who the candidate is, and even Fetterman who has so proven to have an absolutely terrible resume along with him being incompetent and unable to comprehend.
That absolutely applies to both. Republicans are voting for a non resident who doesn't say much on policy or even take the campaign seriously. Walker in Georgia is a disaster.

But Republicans in both states will vote for these two candidates because they have a R after their name.

It's party politics. It's silly on both sides.

Old 10-13-2022, 12:31 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
The man may be at an increased risk for stroke. But that is not the point nor is the auditory device he uses.

THE issue is that he is SOFT on crime in a time of national surges of criminals attacking and killing innocent persons. THAT is the issue. At least to me.

Old 10-13-2022, 12:32 PM

6,005 posts, read 3,736,069 times
I haven't read all the posts in this thread, but here is a brief statement of fact that should clearly frame the issue for nearly everyone:

"According to the Pennsylvania abortion laws, a woman can undergo an abortion procedure until 24 weeks from her last menstrual period. An abortion procedure conducted after 24 weeks is only in the case of a severe emergency where the pregnancy threatens the mother’s life or health."

https://herlawyer.com/abortion-laws-pennsylvania/

So, if a resident of PA wants/needs an abortion, it seems to me that 24 weeks (nearly 6 MONTHS) should be plenty of time to get one. So why should abortion even be an issue in this race between Oz and Fetterman?

Oh wait! Now I know the answer to my question. It's because abortion is the ONLY issue that the Dems have, and in PA, it's not really an issue.

Old 10-13-2022, 12:47 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_c55 View Post
That absolutely applies to both. Republicans are voting for a non resident who doesn't say much on policy or even take the campaign seriously. Walker in Georgia is a disaster.

But Republicans in both states will vote for these two candidates because they have a R after their name.

It's party politics. It's silly on both sides.
Except there’s many Republicans endorsing Shapiro, while Dems are going to vote for a once lousy mayor of a still lousy town, lived off his parents most all his life, defends and enables criminals, works part time hours as Lt. Governor, chased an innocent black man with a shotgun, vandalized a black owned business, has accomplished most nothing, etc…, and now isn’t competent and can’t comprehend since his stroke, so Dems will indeed for anyone with a D next to their name.

Lol at non resident. Why can’t someone from another state be a great politician for the state they’re running for, and please be specific. Hillary did it so what’s the difference?

Proof to Oz not taking the campaign seriously, and please be specific?

Quote:
So, when Hildabeast ran in New York, would you have voted for her?
The hypocrisy of the leftist partisan sheeple knows no bounds.
I thought you lefties always ascribed xenophobia such as this the exclusive province of "right wingers" and "white nationalists"?
Bingo

Last edited by erieguy; 10-13-2022 at 01:02 PM..

Old 10-13-2022, 01:15 PM

10,872 posts, read 4,540,181 times
Quote:
Yet, I would bet if in the near future, a former illegal alien was running in PA and espoused the same idiotic DNC positions, you would for him/her/it in a NY minute, even if they were born & raised in Guadalajara.

hillary comes to mind first. Our dear gypsy was pro 'her' ,who like OZ, is a US citizen who previously lived in a state different from the one they ran for the SAME office;

And we can bring up some chick in MN named Omar, whom our dear gypsy approves of.

so yea, there are double, triple and even quaddruple standards at play.

(im just trying to get her to admit it so she can prove she is sincere)

Old 10-13-2022, 01:38 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Fetterman was already dumb before the stroke and now he can't understand basic words. This guy can't possibly understand legislation or negotiate with 99 other Senators. He is done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections