Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2022, 07:23 AM

899 posts, read 541,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
You are a New Yorker liberal that left New York to Florida then to PA. Sounds like you are voting for the same things you left New York in the first place. You really don't mind extremism as long that is from the left. If that's your politics why didn't you stay in New York? You want Florida and PA to turn into New York.

Funny that you convince yourself that to deal with inflation We need to support abortions on demand up to the 9th month. I guess you would be ok to abort your grandchild because it cost "36k" (I doubt that your daughter paid 36k)

Funny that you didn't deal with the cost issue or inflation. The Democrat solution is to spend more, add to the inflation , make everybody pay for it and then be for abortions on demand up to the 9th month.
She is a partisan democrat. At least she's honest about it.

Fetterman and Biden and any other Democrat could go on a killing spree tomorrow and partisan Democrats would still vote for them as long as there is a D next to their name. That's all that matters.

Old 10-15-2022, 07:32 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBtoFL View Post
She is a partisan democrat. At least she's honest about it.

Fetterman and Biden and any other Democrat could go on a killing spree tomorrow and partisan Democrats would still vote for them as long as there is a D next to their name. That's all that matters.

If she is a partisan Democrat why didn't she stay in New York. That would be liberal paradise heaven to retire. We know why they leave but I don't understand why they move to other states to vote for the same things they left New York.

So to deal with inflation and big government spending We need abortions on demand up to the 9th month I don't see the connection but they sure convinced this Democrat to repeat that for the midterms.

Old 10-15-2022, 08:05 AM

899 posts, read 541,143 times
Quote:
If she is a partisan Democrat why didn't she stay in New York. That would be liberal paradise heaven to retire. We know why they leave but I don't understand why they move to other states to vote for the same things they left New York.

So to deal with inflation and big government spending We need abortions on demand up to the 9th month I don't see the connection but they sure convinced this Democrat to repeat that for the midterms.
You know things have changed when early voting starts in earnest long before any official debates. Fetterman isn't debating Oz until October 25th! Assuming that even happens and I have my doubts as I'm sure the Fetterman campaign will weasel their way out of it. Even in the 2020 election, a significant percent of the votes were already cast before the first presidential debates.

And now I'm seeing the usual media people claiming debates are no longer needed or that they're pointless.

Whatever happened to the days when we had official campaigns with many debates and intensive journalism asking serious questions of the candidates, and everyone watched / read the interviews, and then we lined up at the polls all on the same day in November with absentee ballots only really used by people who lived outside the United States like military soldiers and the tiny number of expats? That was was what people meant by the democratic process, an intelligent engagement between people running for office and the candidates.

Today it's all just about the party. Gotta get the D in office no matter what, don't freakin' care who the person is or how brain damaged they are. That's why people rush to vote early long before the debates and don't even bother to follow the candidates. The candidates don't matter! You're just voting for the abstract concept called the Democratic party whose policies are decided by a handful of people in a room in DC and their media buddies regardless of presidents or senators or congressmen or governors.

The Republicans have their own flawed problems but of the two parties, the regression to an oligarchic style of politics is more a Democratic flaw than a Republican flaw these days.

Old 10-15-2022, 08:08 AM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:

People like that aren't happy until everyone is as miserable as they are. That's why they vote Democrat even though they can't stand to live in the hellholes they created.

Old 10-15-2022, 08:40 AM

6,035 posts, read 2,849,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I live in the PA 8th Congressional District. Cartwright versus Bognet. TV ads are showing 3 generations of women; young, middle aged, and elderly. The elderly woman says she wants her granddaughters to have the same rights that she had 50 years ago! As a grandma myself, I agree with her.
Why did abortion affect you vote for Federal races, considering the Supreme Court handed the issue back to the states?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48
So, the #1 issue for voters is inflation and the economy? Well, children cost a LOT of money, including just giving birth to them. Example? When my daughter gave birth 6 years ago, the hospital charge was $36.000. When I gave birth to her 38 years ago, it was $500!!! Being forced to give birth to an unwanted, unplanned child is going to cost $$$, and if not for her, then YOU the Taxpayer. Not an economic issue?
This reasoning is quite laughable, because people can prevent themselves from becoming pregnant. They cannot prevent themselves from needing food, basic supplies, and gasoline. How much spin did you have to come up with to think of this reasoning?

And, you can thank the "Unaffordable" Healthcare Act for that drastic rise in cost of healthcare. If you get the government out of healthcare, healthcare costs will drop, as our government is being fleeced by the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry, because they know the government pockets are quite deep and will pay no matter what...

Quote:
For what it is worth, my ballot is already in the mail: Fetterman, Shapiro, Cartwright, and Madden. I do not need to see any debates. My mind was made up long time ago. No extremist Republicans.
You definitely did not vote for any extremist Republicans. You just voted for at least one extremist Democrat, instead!

John Fetterman is one the most extreme Democrat candidates running this cycle. He is not your Grandfather's Democrat!

Mandela Barnes, of Wisconsin, might edge him out for the # 1 spot, however.

Quote:
Edit: My husband and I are retired Seniors living on fixed income. Thank you for our 8.7% SS increase, and decrease in Medicare Premiums.
You do realize that those savings will be eaten up by future inflation, as the party you just voted to reelect plans to spend even more money, which will make inflation even worse, right?

Old 10-15-2022, 08:40 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
You are a New Yorker liberal that left New York to Florida then to PA. Sounds like you are voting for the same things you left New York in the first place. You really don't mind extremism as long that is from the left. If that's your politics why didn't you stay in New York? You want Florida and PA to turn into New York.

Funny that you convince yourself that to deal with inflation and big government spending We need to support abortions on demand up to the 9th month. I guess you would be ok to abort your grandchild because it cost "36k" (I doubt that your daughter paid 36k since average cost is 18k and many gets subsidies by the government)

Funny that you didn't deal with the cost issue or inflation in your post but will support Fetterman. The Democrat solution is to spend more, add to the inflation , make everybody pay for it and then be for abortions on demand up to the 9th month to deal with it.
Bingo…couldn’t have been said any better

Old 10-15-2022, 08:46 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
I'm not sure what these in-state credentials have to do with anything. Fetterman is for Philly policies (woke, liberal stuff like no fracking, defund the police, open borders, unlimited spending) whereas Dr Oz represents the rest of the state (common sense policies like energy indepence, increased policing, tighter immigration policies, stop the reckless spending). It's up to PA voters to decide which policies fit them better, not where they have 'roots'.
When did Fetterman say he wanted to defund the police and he wants open borders? Never.

Old 10-15-2022, 08:47 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Why did abortion affect you vote for Federal races, considering the Supreme Court handed the issue back to the states?

This reasoning is quite laughable, because people can prevent themselves from becoming pregnant. They cannot prevent themselves from needing food, basic supplies, and gasoline. How much spin did you have to come up with to think of this reasoning?

And, you can thank the "Unaffordable" Healthcare Act for that drastic rise in cost of healthcare. If you get the government out of healthcare, healthcare costs will drop, as our government is being fleeced by the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry, because they know the government pockets are quite deep and will pay no matter what...

You definitely did not vote for any extremist Republicans. You just voted for at least one extremist Democrat, instead!

John Fetterman is one the most extreme Democrat candidates running this cycle. He is not your Grandfather's Democrat!

Mandela Barnes, of Wisconsin, might edge him out for the # 1 spot, however.

You do realize that those savings will be eaten up by future inflation, as the party you just voted to reelect plans to spend even more money, which will make inflation even worse, right?
What`s the GOP plan for dealing with inflation? We`re listening.

Old 10-15-2022, 08:48 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_c55 View Post
I didn't say anything about "caring" so your questions are irrelevant, silly and you really are being hyper sensitive to the point where you're inserting comments from others in your mind.

I never said that someone from another state can or can't be a great politician. I simply stated that he lives in another state.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_c55 View Post
That absolutely applies to both. Republicans are voting for a non resident who doesn't say much on policy or even take the campaign seriously. Walker in Georgia is a disaster.

But Republicans in both states will vote for these two candidates because they have a R after their name.

It's party politics. It's silly on both sides.
You said Oz isn’t taking the campaign seriously, yet you provided no proof to your claim. So why isn’t he taking it seriously, and please be specific?

Right, because you deflected from the question I asked, why can’t a person from another state be a great politician for another state…but it’s great that you admit they can, versus muh Republican carpetbagger, lol

Last edited by erieguy; 10-15-2022 at 09:23 AM..

Old 10-15-2022, 09:03 AM

6,035 posts, read 2,849,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
What's the GOP plan for dealing with inflation? We're listening.
Not spending money that we do not have, which has been the staple of every Republican running for Congress, this cycle...

Printing money causes inflation, because it devalues the dollar, and, therefore, takes more dollars to purchase the same product. Most, if not all, of the bills signed into law over the past two years have been paid for by deficit spending and printing money, thus causing our historic inflation numbers...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections