Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2022, 01:35 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBtoFL View Post
Ever since the national Democrats parachuted HRC into the NY senate election in 2020, despite no shortage of highly qualified local candidates gearing up to campaign for the seat, the Democrats really have no grounds to complain about Oz being from out of state. If anything, Oz has closer connections to PA than HRC ever did to New York.
Bingo…but that doesn’t keep their hypocrisy from running over

Old 10-15-2022, 01:44 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_c55 View Post
I didn't say that the GOP is in power and I didn't say that they are in the same position. I also wasn't referring to specifically the last two years. I also referred to policy.

They have a policy to deal with inflation. Reagan and the GOP did it when Carter and Democrats failed. If you believe in the Biden Democrat plan then vote for them. I know who I'm voting for in a few weeks.

Old 10-15-2022, 01:45 PM

748 posts, read 339,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
They have a policy to deal with inflation. Reagan and the GOP did it when Carter and Democrats failed. If you believe in the Biden Democrat plan then vote for them. I know who I'm voting for in a few weeks.
Awesome.

Old 10-15-2022, 01:46 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,667,875 times
Quote:
Ever since the national Democrats parachuted HRC into the NY senate election in 2020, despite no shortage of highly qualified local candidates gearing up to campaign for the seat, the Democrats really have no grounds to complain about Oz being from out of state. If anything, Oz has closer connections to PA than HRC ever did to New York.
Hillary Clinton ran for the U.S. Senate in 2000. She and her husband purchased a house in Chappaqua, New York, in September 1999; she thereby became eligible for the election, although she had never resided in the state before. In November 1999, Hillary Clinton announced that she would set aside most of her official duties as First Lady in order to take up residency in New York and pursue her campaign. Her move-in took place in January 2000.

When exactly did Oz mover into his house in PA?

Old 10-15-2022, 01:50 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Hillary Clinton ran for the U.S. Senate in 2000. She and her husband purchased a house in Chappaqua, New York, in September 1999; she thereby became eligible for the election, although she had never resided in the state before. In November 1999, Hillary Clinton announced that she would set aside most of her official duties as First Lady in order to take up residency in New York and pursue her campaign. Her move-in took place in January 2000.

Anything to try to defend poor Hillary from being a carpetbagger.

Still have yet to hear why Oz can’t be a great politician for PA?

For someone supposedly in the medical field it’s interesting you promote Fetterman after his mental capacity and lack of comprehension would make him fit to represent PA, and that doesn’t even include his lousy resume and part time hours he’s put in as Lt. Governor.

Old 10-15-2022, 02:36 PM

1,839 posts, read 677,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
I suspect Lake will help Masters in Az and Kemp will help Walker in Ga.

But...will Shapiro help Fetterman? I don't think so. In fact I think Fetterman hurts Shapiro. From what I've read the African American support for Fetterman is lukewarm at best.

Shapiro has been working on shoring up Black support. However, if a % of the Black vote decides to sit this election out it'll hurt him. I suspect Fetterman is a liability for the Shapiro campaign.

Josh Shapiro, Austin Davis announce $1.4 million campaign to reach Black voters in Pa.
Black voters are a core part of the Democratic party’s base — especially in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh — and campaign officials said the effort builds upon significant time already invested in trying to reach and turn out these voters.
https://www.post-gazette.com/news/po...s/202209120113
As to Fetterman hurting Shapiro, possibly but because of Fetterman’s disability and not being able to campaign effectively because of his stroke.

But Fetterman doesn’t repulse black Democrats in PA. He outperformed Conor Lamb in the primary and in Philadelphia county.

Ultimately if his appeal is lukewarm for Black Democrats in PA for there to be a depressed turnout and for them to not want to vote on Election Day, those voters were also lukewarm to Josh Shapiro for governor.

They are running separate campaigns and Shapiro has to try to court that vote if he wants it and can’t depend on Fetterman.

If the Democrats pull in a lot of votes in Philly while underperforming elsewhere in the state but still managing a win in a close way but causing a delay to count all votes, the Right will say those were fraudulent votes.

Old 10-15-2022, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post
As to Fetterman hurting Shapiro, possibly but because of Fetterman’s disability and not being able to campaign effectively because of his stroke.

But Fetterman doesn’t repulse black Democrats in PA. He outperformed Conor Lamb in the primary and in Philadelphia county.

Ultimately if his appeal is lukewarm for Black Democrats in PA for there to be a depressed turnout and for them to not want to vote on Election Day, those voters were also lukewarm to Josh Shapiro for governor.

They are running separate campaigns and Shapiro has to try to court that vote if he wants it and can’t depend on Fetterman.

If the Democrats pull in a lot of votes in Philly while underperforming elsewhere in the state but still managing a win in a close way but causing a delay to count all votes, the Right will say those were fraudulent votes.
I don't think that the polling is going to be accurate in PA one way or another (or other states for that matter). One, with each cycle polling is less accurate due to cell phones and demographic changes.
Two, massive turnout (or not) negates polling numbers a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Your opinion should still come with reasons why you feel this way, yet still nothing to back up why he’s not taking it seriously, so it’s obviously because muh Republican.

Funny how you bring up a pet rock as Fetterclowns mental capacity and comprehension doesn’t appear far from that…and you’ll still vote for him because muh Democrat.

Many folks will certainly vote for the D no matter what, even for a Dem with a terrible resume that dresses like a slob, has freeloaded off his parents most all his life, defends and enables criminals, recently had a stroke that causes him not to be competent and comprehend properly, etc…
l
I simply stated an made an opinion. It doesn't have to come attached with anything. I'm not trying to prove anything.

But here you, trying to force an argument, for whatever reason.

If you feel otherwise about Oz, by all means go for it.

Yes many folks will vote for the D as I already said, just as many vote for the R, even with terrible resumes etc. Both absolutely do it.

Quote:

You have no explanation as to why someone from another state can’t be a great politician from another state.

Quote:

Your refusal to back up your claims results in constant deflection, as you have no explanation as to why someone from another state can’t be a great politician from another state. You, as usual, have no proof or reasons to your claims, and it’s hilarious how you say I’m being irrationally defensive when I’m simply asking for reasons and proof to your claims, to which you obviously have none, so your response is “my observations” instead, lol

Once again, I never made a statement that someone from another state can or can't be a great politician.

It's really weird that you keep deflecting and pushing it. I'm not making an argument or case or anything about candidates from other states and yet you're asking for "proof." Yeah, that's irrational.

Last edited by anthony_c55; 10-15-2022 at 03:59 PM..

Old 10-15-2022, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
It won't make a difference. It's baked in for both sides, as with similar situations in the past.

Old 10-15-2022, 03:11 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Quote:
I lived in, and voted for her, when she ran for Senate. Also, I am a Native New Yorker. The hoopla in NY was that she would be the first FEMALE Senator. Not from NY? lol A whole lot of people there aren't natives to the state. Hochul is also the first female Governor as well. We shall see with that. Gender issues can "trump" even carpetbaggers.

Do not underestimate female voters. Roe, Roe, Roe your vote.

Old 10-15-2022, 03:15 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Interesting article.
Where is Oz's policy- ? How specific is he on what he ( in his limited power) going to revise law and criminal code. ?
I read Fettermans and it's specific , precise, and makes no mention of the far rights misguided allegation.
But Oz who has zero concept and probably never dealt with wardens or stepped inside a prison is going to rule from his five castle's..?
I have zero problem with getting a different perspective of candidates and how they are going to modify or improve the entire state. ( Not just Philly).
Oz has zero, zip, nada knowledge or experience in law or politics.
Where did Oz even get the idea he's qualified to run for public office? I mean, besides the source we all know of: Oprah. He's always come across as an airhead. And from what you say, it sounds like he still does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections