Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2022, 12:57 PM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times

Advertisements

... I mean by what he says about crime, and letting people out, and second chances even in the case of violent crime. You go back and look at his record as a small town mayor and it's a disaster. He hasn't done anything other than destroy things that he has come into contact with and yet nobody is talking about that."

Victor Davis Hanson: Fetterman Is Probably The Most Radical Of All The Left-Wing Candidates This Cycle
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...his_cycle.html

Old 10-14-2022, 01:04 PM

899 posts, read 541,143 times
I'm probably more intrigued by that Fetterman has a major stroke six months ago and is still severely debilitated by it and yet somehow you're not allowed to report on it or have a meaningful discussion about it, according to the mainstream media. One decent MSNBC reporter had the courage to politely confirm that it was near impossible to have a conversation with Fetterman because he couldn't understand her, understand the questions, or respond, and all hell fell on her.

Combine it with Biden's mental problems being the worst kept secret in DC, what does it mean about modern politics?

I'd have more respect if people just said aloud they really don't care what happened to Fetterman or Biden, all that matters is a D and a D who will vote exactly as the party leadership tells them to. They're not looking for a Pennsylvanian to represent them but a Democrat who will do exactly what the Democratic leader of the senate tells him or her to do, so it's irrelevant what Fetterman's health is. It's irrelevant who the candidate is, at the end of the day. There's honesty in being frank.

Old 10-14-2022, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBtoFL View Post
I'm probably more intrigued by that Fetterman has a major stroke six months ago and is still severely debilitated by it and yet somehow you're not allowed to report on it or have a meaningful discussion about it, according to the mainstream media. One decent MSNBC reporter had the courage to politely confirm that it was near impossible to have a conversation with Fetterman because he couldn't understand her, understand the questions, or respond, and all hell fell on her.

Combine it with Biden's mental problems being the worst kept secret in DC, what does it mean about modern politics?

I'd have more respect if people just said aloud they really don't care what happened to Fetterman or Biden, all that matters is a D and a D who will vote exactly as the party leadership tells them to. They're not looking for a Pennsylvanian to represent them but a Democrat who will do exactly what the Democratic leader of the senate tells him or her to do, so it's irrelevant what Fetterman's health is. It's irrelevant who the candidate is, at the end of the day. There's honesty in being frank.
I'm voting R (Az) largely because I do not want the Dems controlling the Congress or Senate. With regards to abortion it'll be on the 2024 ballot in Az and likely pass.

Imo, AZ voters are far more concerned with the cost of food and gas than the issue of abortion or Masters/Lake being an "election denier."

Those supporting Fetterman are probably more concerned with him winning than his health. He could drop dead a week after the election but as along as he's replaced by a liberal Dem it's all good.

Our country is split. It's "us" or "them." No middle ground. Winner takes all.

Old 10-14-2022, 07:13 PM

1,839 posts, read 677,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
I'm voting R (Az) largely because I do not want the Dems controlling the Congress or Senate. With regards to abortion it'll be on the 2024 ballot in Az and likely pass.

Imo, AZ voters are far more concerned with the cost of food and gas than the issue of abortion or Masters/Lake being an "election denier."

Those supporting Fetterman are probably more concerned with him winning than his health. He could drop dead a week after the election but as along as he's replaced by a liberal Dem it's all good.

Our country is split. It's "us" or "them." No middle ground. Winner takes all.
There is still bi-partisan legislation in Congress, and some, although probably a minority of voters, that will vote for a mix of Republican and Democrat candidates on Election Day, rather than all R, or all D, and don't have a "us" vs. "them" mentality if splitting the ticket.

I suppose more votes would tally for Shapiro (D) for governor/Oz (R) for Senate, than Mastriano (R) for governor /Fetterman (D) for Senate, which would be a far right/far left type of split vote.

Shapiro helps Fetterman, more than Fetterman helps Shapiro. In Ohio, the same but for the Republican ticket, where Gov. DeWine, who is popular and incumbent, helps bring out Republican voters, who will vote for Vance, while they are already out to vote.

Old 10-14-2022, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post
There is still bi-partisan legislation in Congress, and some, although probably a minority of voters, that will vote for a mix of Republican and Democrat candidates on Election Day, rather than all R, or all D, and don't have a "us" vs. "them" mentality if splitting the ticket.

I suppose more votes would tally for Shapiro (D) for governor/Oz (R) for Senate, than Mastriano (R) for governor /Fetterman (D) for Senate, which would be a far right/far left type of split vote.

Shapiro helps Fetterman, more than Fetterman helps Shapiro. In Ohio, the same but for the Republican ticket, where Gov. DeWine, who is popular and incumbent, helps bring out Republican voters, who will vote for Vance, while they are already out to vote.

I suspect Lake will help Masters in Az and Kemp will help Walker in Ga.

But...will Shapiro help Fetterman? I don't think so. In fact I think Fetterman hurts Shapiro. From what I've read the African American support for Fetterman is lukewarm at best.

Shapiro has been working on shoring up Black support. However, if a % of the Black vote decides to sit this election out it'll hurt him. I suspect Fetterman is a liability for the Shapiro campaign.

Josh Shapiro, Austin Davis announce $1.4 million campaign to reach Black voters in Pa.
Black voters are a core part of the Democratic party’s base — especially in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh — and campaign officials said the effort builds upon significant time already invested in trying to reach and turn out these voters.
https://www.post-gazette.com/news/po...s/202209120113

Old 10-14-2022, 07:50 PM

18,024 posts, read 27,472,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
As a born and raised Pennsylvanian, I was sorry to see the two candidates for the Pennsylvania senate seat are a carpet bagger (Dr. Oz) and a Shrek look-a-like (John Fetterman), who goes around in a hoodie but is a trust fund baby that never worked, was in school in his 40's, and is on record to open up the prisons and let murderers out.

Unfortunately Fetterman shortly before the Pa primary had a serious stroke which left him mentally impaired so much so that his one stump speech in Pittsburgh sounded like baby talk.

Of the two, I would go for Dr. Oz, who is the lesser of two evils. Maybe Oz will step up. Fetterman, even if he wanted to, can't.
Poll.

Old 10-15-2022, 04:51 AM

748 posts, read 339,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Except you said he doesn’t care about Pennsylvanians…yet he’s done nothing to do or portray that he doesn’t care about them, and you don’t have an explanation as to what he’s done to make this allegation…just muh Republican.
I didn't say anything about "caring" so your questions are irrelevant, silly and you really are being hyper sensitive to the point where you're inserting comments from others in your mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Why can’t someone from another state be a great politician for the state they’re running for, and please be specific? Hillary did it so what’s the difference?
I never said that someone from another state can or can't be a great politician. I simply stated that he lives in another state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
It seems to me that your rant is totally irrelevant. The Supreme Court has made it perfectly clear that abortion is NOT a national issue. It's a state-by-state issue. So it doesn't matter what a majority of senators or congressmen may want. It's up to each individual state to make their own laws.
Senator Graham proposed a Federal ban. Doug Mastriano said that women should be charged with murder.

Old 10-15-2022, 06:13 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post

You may not have read the post to which you responded, or you do not understand the Dobbs decision. No matter the case, you are misinformed. The Dobbs decision does not prevent federal legislation on the issue.

Women remain under threat from both state and national GOP candidates and Republican legislatures & majorities. It is important and relevant. Here in Pennsylvania, Oz and Mastriano are extreme forced birthers, and given their will, we women will be relegated to second class citizenry. Full Stop.
^^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Typical liberal drama. Nothing about the unborn child. No middle ground, NO term limit. We either accept abortions on demand up to the 9th month or We hate women. Good luck with that garbage.
^^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post

I think you pretty much summed it up.

BTW, PA, the state where our dear gypsy has lived (the majority?) of her life does in fact have abortion time limits. always have. but for some reason, that is not an issue. Curious contradiction no?
The type of drama, deceit & disparagement exhibited in those 2 responses above are deflections meant to distract from the facts and the issue of women's rights which are very much on the ballot in Pennsylvania and across these United States, here in 2022.

Clearly, I'm not going to convince them of the definition of pro-reproductive rights and the importance of supporting women from the extremism of the radical Republican agenda, as that type of ignorance & intractability appears all across this forum and in this thread.

The truth is, people who identify as pro-reproductive rights believe that women have the basic human right to personal agency. When we say we support pro-reproductive rights it means we support laws that allow women to access the full range of reproductive health care as they need it, when they need it---including safe and legal abortion.

Identifying as pro-reproductive rights shows a belief that decisions about choosing adoption, ending a pregnancy, or continuing a pregnancy should be made by a pregnant woman with the counsel of her family, her own faith, and her health care provider. Not by restrictive laws that ban types of contraception, medications or access to abortion. You know, laws such as the extreme & radical ones that reveal the GOP's cruel indifference to women, the men who care about them, and their families.

When we say we support reproductive rights we are telling people we believe it’s OK for them to have the ability to access abortion as an option for an unplanned, unhealthy or unsafe pregnancy — even if we wouldn’t choose abortion for ourselves. Being Pro-Reproductive Rights means opposing laws that ban abortion, as well as laws that keep abortion out of reach — like laws that shut down health centers or that force patients to jump through hoops to get the medical care they need.

The reality is, U.S. Senators & Reps, before and after Dobbs, have introduced numerous federal laws banning abortion, and no one can deny the abhorrence of Republican state lawmakers, this summer, sprinting to outdo one another in their race to embrace their party's radical extremist position.

The simple fact is, women remain under threat from both state and national GOP candidates and Republican legislatures & majorities, despite the mendacious arguments of their patrons who don't want us talking about it.

Make no mistake, here in Pennsylvania, Oz & Mastriano are extreme forced birthers, and given their will, we women will be relegated to second class citizenry. Just as women all across the nation will be, if the GOP has their way.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 10-15-2022 at 06:31 AM.. Reason: punctuation correction

Old 10-15-2022, 06:44 AM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
^^^^

^^^^

The type of drama, deceit & disparagement exhibited above are deflections meant to distract from the facts and the issue of women's rights which are very much on the ballot in Pennsylvania and across these United States, here in 2022.

Clearly, I'm not going to convince these 2 posters of the definition of pro-reproductive rights and the importance of supporting women from the extremism of the radical Republican agenda, as they have shown ignorance & intractability all across this forum and in this thread.

People who identify as pro-reproductive rights believe that women have the basic human right to personal agency. When we say we support pro-reproductive rights it means we support laws that allow women to access the full range of reproductive health care as they need it, when they need it---including safe and legal abortion.

Identifying as pro-reproductive rights shows a belief that decisions about choosing adoption, ending a pregnancy, or continuing a pregnancy should be made by a pregnant woman with the counsel of her family, her own faith, and her health care provider. Not by restrictive laws that ban types of contraception, medications or access to abortion. You know, laws such as the extreme & radical ones that reveal the GOP's cruel indifference to women, the men who care about them, and their families.

When we say we support reproductive rights we are telling people we believe it’s OK for them to have the ability to access abortion as an option for an unplanned, unhealthy or unsafe pregnancy — even if we wouldn’t choose abortion for ourselves. Being Pro-Reproductive Rights means opposing laws that ban abortion, as well as laws that keep abortion out of reach — like laws that shut down health centers or that force patients to jump through hoops to get the medical care they need.

The reality is U.S. Senators & Reps, before and after Dobbs, have introduced numerous federal laws banning abortion, and no one can deny the abhorrence of Republican state lawmakers, this summer, sprinting to outdo one another in their race to embrace their party's radical extremist position.

The simple truth is women remain under threat from both state and national GOP candidates and Republican legislatures & majorities, despite the mendacious arguments of their patrons who don't want us talking about it.

Make no mistake, here in Pennsylvania, Oz & Mastriano are extreme forced birthers, and given their will, we women will be relegated to second class citizenry.
It seems states with these bans are trying to outdo each other in how far they go. What's next? Will they try to charge out-of-state doctors with murder too? Women and parents of minor daughters being charged with murder for travelling out of state for abortion? I would not put it pass these fanatics.

I live in the PA 8th Congressional District. Cartwright versus Bognet. TV ads are showing 3 generations of women; young, middle aged, and elderly. The elderly woman says she wants her granddaughters to have the same rights that she had 50 years ago! As a grandma myself, I agree with her.

So, the #1 issue for voters is inflation and the economy? Well, children cost a LOT of money, including just giving birth to them. Example? When my daughter gave birth 6 years ago, the hospital charge was $36.000. When I gave birth to her 38 years ago, it was $500!!! Being forced to give birth to an unwanted, unplanned child is going to cost $$$, and if not for her, then YOU the Taxpayer. Not an economic issue?

For what it is worth, my ballot is already in the mail: Fetterman, Shapiro, Cartwright, and Madden. I do not need to see any debates. My mind was made up long time ago. No extremest Republicans.

Edit: My husband and I are retired Seniors living on fixed income. Thank you for our 8.7% SS increase, and decrease in Medicare Premiums.

Old 10-15-2022, 07:19 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
It seems states with these bans are trying to outdo each other in how far they go. What's next? Will they try to charge out-of-state doctors with murder too? Women and parents of minor daughters being charged with murder for travelling out of state for abortion? I would not put it pass these fanatics.

I live in the PA 8th Congressional District. Cartwright versus Bognet. TV ads are showing 3 generations of women; young, middle aged, and elderly. The elderly woman says she wants her granddaughters to have the same rights that she had 50 years ago! As a grandma myself, I agree with her.

So, the #1 issue for voters is inflation and the economy? Well, children cost a LOT of money, including just giving birth to them. Example? When my daughter gave birth 6 years ago, the hospital charge was $36.000. When I gave birth to her 38 years ago, it was $500!!! Being forced to give birth to an unwanted, unplanned child is going to cost $$$, and if not for her, then YOU the Taxpayer. Not an economic issue?

For what it is worth, my ballot is already in the mail: Fetterman, Shapiro, Cartwright, and Madden. I do not need to see any debates. My mind was made up long time ago. No extremest Republicans.

Edit: My husband and I are retired Seniors living on fixed income. Thank you for our 8.7% SS increase, and decrease in Medicare Premiums.

You are a New Yorker liberal that left New York to Florida then to PA. Sounds like you are voting for the same things you left New York in the first place. You really don't mind extremism as long that is from the left. If that's your politics why didn't you stay in New York? You want Florida and PA to turn into New York.

Funny that you convince yourself that to deal with inflation and big government spending We need to support abortions on demand up to the 9th month. I guess you would be ok to abort your grandchild because it cost "36k" (I doubt that your daughter paid 36k since average cost is 18k and many gets subsidies by the government)

Funny that you didn't deal with the cost issue or inflation in your post but will support Fetterman. The Democrat solution is to spend more, add to the inflation , make everybody pay for it and then be for abortions on demand up to the 9th month to deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections