Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2022, 08:55 AM

21,480 posts, read 10,579,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
No he sold them as 'magic' beans or pills.

Yes it is clear you would vote Republican allt he time.

That's okay.

But someone asked why anyone would have a problem with Oz. He's the traveling medicine man who sold his soul to the devil to make money.

All he had to do was sell a healthy diet and exercise. That's the secret to being heart healthy.
You’re right, I won’t vote for the current democrat party though I used to be a democrat. I may vote for them again one day if they ever get back to the way they were back in the ‘90s. But that’s neither here nor there. I just don’t get the push to be soft on crime and destroying industries vital to our way of life with nothing waiting in the wings to replace them that would keep the lights on.

Last edited by katygirl68; 09-10-2022 at 09:06 AM..

Old 09-10-2022, 08:58 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
You’re right, I won’t vote for the current democrat party though I used to be a democrat. I may vote for them again one day if they ever get back to the way they were back in the ‘90s. But that’s either here nor there. I just don’t get the push to be soft on crime and destroying industries vital to our way of life with nothing waiting in the wings to replace them that would keep the lights on.
And I have no problem with your choice.

He's the right man for you because he supports the policies you support -- and the fact he sold 'magic' beans is not critical to you.

But it may be to someone else.

Other people may support Fetterman's policies and know that while he may still have some physical recovery from a stroke, hie is still the man they would prefer in office.

Old 09-10-2022, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Why because he is a medical doctor? That doesn't mean you make informed decisions. He made an informed decision to hype 'magic' pills for weight loss knowing all along they had zero medical research behind them but he got a kickback for pushing them on his show.

Is that good judgement?

And yes for the die-hard Republican , the video was fine. But it wasn't meant for the person already committed to voting Republican, it was meant to try and get MORE votes and it failed massively. Screwing up the grocery store name, calling a veggie tray, 'crudities'...it was all wrong. And his judgement not to know that....questionable.

Again someone asked why some people have a problem with Oz.....and the whole pushing of herbal supplements for weight loss --- not as something extra but as a 'magic' pill or bean, from a medical doctor lacks integrity.
Well, I do appreciate you answering the questions I had. People have different philosophies, and I understand that. I just wish people would vote against the democrats to save the party. I want them to be a viable party because we need two parties at least.

I’d be happy if we did away with parties altogether and let people run as independents and got rid of the political consultants that have made politics so expensive, but I don’t see that happening so I’d prefer both parties to be somewhat sane and at least work for their constituents’ best interests.

In my opinion the democrats today believe they are for helping people but they are not. The push for energy transformation when replacement is not ready is harmful. The push for open borders is harmful. The push to defund police is harmful. The push to be soft on crime is harmful. That’s all on the democrats, and until they fix that I can’t support them.

Last edited by katygirl68; 09-10-2022 at 09:23 AM..

Old 09-10-2022, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Well, I do appreciate you answering the questions I had. People have different philosophies, and I understand that. I just wish people would vote against the democrats to save the party. I want them to be a viable party because we need two parties at least. I’d be happy if we did away with parties altogether and let people run as independents and got rid of the political consultants that have made politics so expensive, but I don’t see that happening so I’d prefer both parties to be someone sane and at least work for their constituents’ best interests.
I feel the same way about both parties, they both seem to be represented by the extremes.

I see both sides threatening democracy.

Old 09-10-2022, 09:08 AM

Quote:
And I have no problem with your choice.

He's the right man for you because he supports the policies you support -- and the fact he sold 'magic' beans is not critical to you.

But it may be to someone else.

Other people may support Fetterman's policies and know that while he may still have some physical recovery from a stroke, hie is still the man they would prefer in office.
True, it all boils down to what the people of Pennsylvania want. I’m just commenting on this thread because it’s here. I have no dog in that fight. If they want to vote for it that’s on them.

Old 09-10-2022, 09:12 AM

Quote:
True, it all boils down to what the people of Pennsylvania want. I’m just commenting on this thread because it’s here. I have no dog in that fight. If they want to vote for it that’s on them.

Right.

I just wish we had a better pool of Republican and Democrat politicians.

Or that the ones who got more 'air time' weren't the nut jobs.

Old 09-10-2022, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Right.

I just wish we had a better pool of Republican and Democrat politicians.

Or that the ones who got more 'air time' weren't the nut jobs.
You and me both!

Old 09-10-2022, 09:25 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
I think the *** is starting to be up on Fetterman.

He hid in the shadows for years but now he's running a huge race with national spotlight.

He never worked a real job and was supported by his family into his 40s!

He put Braddock PA even further into the dumper than it was..it now has its lowest population ever and is a slum town.

He wants to release felons from prison and will certainly be a rubber stamp for the massive spending and forced poverty created by environMENTAList policies that the most radical democrats want.

He is even more of a vegetable now than Biden, and that's saying something! He can barely even form a coherent sentence anymore.

Oz is a dork but he's a self made man that at least has work ethic and won't be a rubber stamp for the administration responsible for massive inflation, crime, and our terrible border.

That's good enough for my vote.
Dr. Oz is no dork. He’s a highly acclaimed heart surgeon, so we can assume that he is a smart man. He doesn’t need the fame or the money. A smart man who is willing to serve is a good thing for PA, and the country.

Old 09-10-2022, 09:39 AM

230 posts, read 161,598 times
I am a lifelong PA resident. Like it or not, PA is TRUMP country! Yes, there are many liberal strongholds in PA, but most PA citizens have conservative views.

How Fetterman is even in the running for this position is baffling! And frankly, I question the integrity of his supporters. I think Dr. Oz may even be embarrassed that Uncle Fester is his opponent, and that he secretly wishes he was running against someone more respectable and professional. Tucker Carlson is the man! He says what we are all thinking!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...akedown-video/

Old 09-10-2022, 09:42 AM

230 posts, read 161,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
Unfortunately Fetterman will likely win.

All the politicians running in PA this election really suck, and I very likely won't even vote this year. Shapiro and Fetterman will win and this states gradual decline will continue.
And THAT is what’s wrong! You are just handing the Dems a win by not voting!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections