Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2022, 03:00 PM

1,411 posts, read 565,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
He's trying for the western PA'er (in particular the junkie / drug user) look. Which is odd because I thought they were the ignorable demographic in PA? Doesn't Philadelphia dictate / overthrow their election results a few days after the election either way?
Yep, if needed, ballots will be miraculously "found" in Filthadelphia, all marked with a "D".

Old 09-09-2022, 03:16 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,306,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
Like Hildabeast ....
But, but, but......Hillary!

Old 09-09-2022, 03:20 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
A carpetbagger is a carpetbagger even if they are a Dem. Interesting how folks choose to ignore that

Old 09-09-2022, 03:43 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Too bad the only thing in the OP is factual is that Mehmet Oz is a carpetbagger.

Old 09-09-2022, 04:02 PM

13,246 posts, read 7,304,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
As a born and raised Pennsylvanian, I was sorry to see the two candidates for the Pennsylvania senate seat are a carpet bagger (Dr. Oz) and a Shrek look-a-like (John Fetterman), who goes around in a hoodie but is a trust fund baby that never worked, was in school in his 40's, and is on record to open up the prisons and let murderers out.

Unfortunately Fetterman shortly before the Pa primary had a serious stroke which left him mentally impaired so much so that his one stump speech in Pittsburgh sounded like baby talk.

Of the two, I would go for Dr. Oz, who is the lesser of two evils. Maybe Oz will step up. Fetterman, even if he wanted to, can't.
Are you a Republican who would have liked someone other than OZ win republican primary? I'm guessing you would like to see Doug Mastriano be the Governor.

Last edited by kell490; 09-09-2022 at 04:13 PM..

Old 09-09-2022, 04:11 PM

6,100 posts, read 2,722,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
HDS is a worse condition than TDS the Republicans on here are plagued with it.

Old 09-09-2022, 04:20 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,658,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Is this even a question?

(Would anyone vote for Fetterman?)
He is currently up by 8 points on FiveThirtyEight. I guess lots of people are planning to vote for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
He has cast his lot with MAGA Republicans and embraced the Big Lie and excuses the insurrection, thinks government should tell women how to make decisions about personal matters. Yet, you want people to believe that he is actually a sheep in wolf's clothing. If he really is what he says he is not, then he has no integrity and does not deserve anyone's vote.
All good reasons not to vote for Oz, but his motivation to leave his job as a cardiothoracic surgeon and push misleading, science-free and unproven alternative therapies such as homeopathy, as well as fad diets, detoxes and cleanses is my reason not to support him. He is an intelligent person and knows what he has been peddling on TV for years is a bunch of lies. How could anyone trust him? Anyone considering voting for Dr. Oz should read these articles:

https://journalofethics.ama-assn.org...n-work/2017-02

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...r-or-a-doctor/

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/26/u...al-advice.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
I don't see how Fetterman could be elected as dog catcher in most towns of any size, much less be elected governor of a state. You could go to the local bar and grab someone at random off a barstool and they would likely be a better qualified candidate for governor than Fetterman is.

While Dr Oz doesn't have any political experience, at least he is a fairly intelligent and well-spoken person who is capable of learning and communicating. Keep in mind that Ronald Reagan was a movie actor prior to getting into politics and many people said he was unqualified to be governor or president, yet he was elected governor of California TWICE and president of the US TWICE and did an excellent job in both roles. I think that Dr Oz could do likewise. At least he has a far better chance of being successful than a man who has never worked in his life and whose ability to reason and communicate are suspect at best.
I agree that Dr, Oz is intelligent. He was a top heart surgeon, but he is dishonest and unethical becuse of his involvement with pushing quack cures on his TV show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Hillary was definitely a carpetbagger, but at least they owned a home there. Isn't Oz staying with in-laws or something similar?
He bought a house that he plans to remodel. He has been using his in-laws address as his PA address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
Classic example of Penna.blue-collar "mentality". Them rich folks is no damn good but Fetterman is a guy you can drink a beer with ( & get high if you wish.)
The lack of critical thinking, combined with a totally hidebound mentality is astonishing, but oh so typical of those who pull the "D" lever, no matter what.:smack
Do you know for a fact if Fetterman actually drinks or gets high, or are you just making assumptions?

Old 09-09-2022, 04:26 PM

5,981 posts, read 3,724,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Hillary was definitely a carpetbagger, but at least they owned a home there. Isn't Oz staying with in-laws or something similar?
Senator Robert Byrd (Dem) of WV never lived in WV in his whole life. He was born in VA and had an aunt who lived just across the state line in nearby WV. I think he may have purchased a vacant lot in WV once, yet he was a Democrat senator representing WV for about 50 years.

The only time he set foot in WV was when he was campaigning for another election or when he was going there for another road, bridge, or building to be named after him for "bringing home the pork."

So don't make it sound like Mehmet Oz is doing anything new. He's just taking a page out of the Democrat playbook.

Old 09-09-2022, 04:35 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Senator Robert Byrd (Dem) of WV never lived in WV in his whole life. He was born in VA and had an aunt who lived just across the state line in nearby WV. I think he may have purchased a vacant lot in WV once, yet he was a Democrat senator representing WV for about 50 years.

The only time he set foot in WV was when he was campaigning for another election or when he was going there for another road, bridge, or building to be named after him for "bringing home the pork."

So don't make it sound like Mehmet Oz is doing anything new. He's just taking a page out of the Democrat playbook.

I'm pretty sure the vacant lot is where Robert "Grand Wizard" Byrd held his KKK meetings.

Old 09-09-2022, 04:46 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,731 times
Am I the only one who thinks they recognize Fetterman from a paleolithic cave painting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections