Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2022, 12:21 PM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I'm suspicious that Fetterman is taking the approach Biden did ("brain dead guy, hiding in his basement so he won't have to face the press). He wants to run out the clock before any debates can take place.

In fact, Fetterman is desperate to run that clock out, because he knows he will be exposed during a debate as someone who is mentally incapable of doing the job of Senator.

Don't think ducking will work for Fetterman and apparently he's agreed to debate Oz:
https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/08/polit...ace/index.html

Fetterman did a good job of nailing Oz on twitter. However, given his TV experience Oz is probably much more comfortable in front of the camera than Fetterman.

Old 09-09-2022, 12:25 PM

6,105 posts, read 2,727,097 times
The difference between John Fetterman and OZ is Fetterman looks like the average blue-collar type I don't care if you think he's a loser or a trust fund baby he looks the part as if he's one of us blue-collar folks.

OZ is an out-of-touch multimillionaire carpetbagger with his ten houses and rubbing elbows with the rich and powerful. Fetterman is from PA and seems like a guy you'd wanna get a brewski with.

Old 09-09-2022, 12:27 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
If I were running Fetterman’s campaign, there is no way I would let him debate Oz. Fetterman cannot speak a complete sentence and his policy positions are far too extreme.

Old 09-09-2022, 12:28 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
The difference between John Fetterman and OZ is Fetterman looks like the average blue-collar type I don't care if you think he's a loser or a trust fund baby he looks the part as if he's one of us blue-collar folks.

OZ is an out-of-touch multimillionaire carpetbagger with his ten houses and rubbing elbows with the rich and powerful. Fetterman is from PA and seems like a guy you'd wanna get a brewski with.
Fetterman is a phony, a mooch, and a left wing extremist. He’s also gorked, perhaps permanently.

Old 09-09-2022, 12:35 PM

4,507 posts, read 4,046,465 times
Quote:
I'm suspicious that Fetterman is taking the approach Biden did ("brain dead guy, hiding in his basement so he won't have to face the press). He wants to run out the clock before any debates can take place.

In fact, Fetterman is desperate to run that clock out, because he knows he will be exposed during a debate as someone who is mentally incapable of doing the job of Senator.
But he lives just 3 miles away (silence)

Old 09-09-2022, 12:40 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
That's their prerogative. What Hillary Clinton did or didn't do in 2000 is irrelevant to the current race in Pennsylvania. But if you so passionately believe Mrs. Clinton's Senate campaign is so important to the Pennsylvania Senate race:

New York voters went for it. That doesn't mean I, or other Pennsylvania voters, have to.

Trying to pigeonhole entire groups of people based on your own biases is not a good look.
Nah, a carpetbagger is a carpetbagger. Poor Hillary is a Dem so she’s defended, hence the definition of hypocrisy.

Please do tell why Oz can’t be a great politician for PA?

Old 09-09-2022, 12:45 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:

you're not the only one with that suspicion. that's exactly what he is doing.

Old 09-09-2022, 12:49 PM

9,881 posts, read 4,650,430 times
And to think the senate responsibilities include foreign treaties and a possible nuclear deal with Iran. His politics would be bad enough but suppose the senate would have to meet for foreign dignitaries-yikes.

Old 09-09-2022, 12:57 PM

1,411 posts, read 566,108 times
Quote:

Classic example of Penna.blue-collar "mentality". Them rich folks is no damn good but Fetterman is a guy you can drink a beer with ( & get high if you wish.)
The lack of critical thinking, combined with a totally hidebound mentality is astonishing, but oh so typical of those who pull the "D" lever, no matter what.:smack

Old 09-09-2022, 12:58 PM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:

It might not bother you. However, it certainly might the blue collar vote he's trying to nail down..

Fetterman comes from money yet claims to be "down" with the working class. But Oz owns ten homes you say!!

Oz is a doctor who became a popular TV personality. The fact he's rich isn't surprising to voters.

But Fetterman might well across as a fraud to the voters he most needs. To make matters worse he's also got problems with the Black vote.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/64110355-post41.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections