Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2022, 09:57 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I don't live in New York. Who New York voters voted or didn't vote for was out of my control.
If you had lived in New York at that time you would have voted for Hillary Clinton with a smile. If Michelle Obama was the Democrat candidate for PA senate this year you would vote for her and waltz out of that voting booth with a goofy ear-to-ear grin on your face.

Old 09-10-2022, 10:26 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,256,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What has Oz done or said that makes him unelectable? I hear people say it but all they seem to site is some commercial in a grocery store that wasn’t that bad and that he was endorsed by Trump. From where I sit Trump was actively trying to help Pennsylvania by trying to save the steel industry. What is the mindset of Pennsylvanians? I’m trying to understand why they would prefer someone who wants to destroy proven industries for the green manufacturing fantasy that really is only good for China, and also let out violent murderers.
he is aligned with these jokers. All on PA soil. All played out in PA local newspapers.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...155547812.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...bc9_story.html

You think voters are happy with this kind of legal crap
"Eighteen of those lawsuits were filed in Pennsylvania, and most focused on mail-in and absentee voting, extended pre-election deadlines, or technically deficient ballots.

His three legal victories, all in Pennsylvania, threw out 270 provisional ballots lacking signatures, separated Election Day provisional ballots from those cast afterward, and moved back Pa.’s deadline for absentee voters to present voter ID by three days.

One case that failed sought to block certification of Pa.’s election results, throwing out close to seven million votes. The Trump campaign argued against certifying results because not all counties allowed voters to fix errors on mail-in ballot declarations."

Yup, they wanted to throw out 7 million votes. 7 million votes.
https://www.witf.org/2022/09/01/thes...f-them-failed/

PA was ground zero. And Oz and Trump are together on supporting this.

Old 09-10-2022, 10:53 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
They just gotta get that D in the office, then he can have another stroke, step down and be replaced with another D. Many people don't vote for candidates they vote for parties and the candidate is just a stand in. A meaningless name to put on a ballot.
Sadly, and especially the democrats -- it's all groupthink - all of them spout the same Marxist redistribution nonsense, the same climate change nonsense, have TDS, want to kill babies, and want to have wide open borders. A can of vegetables could be on the ballot and as long there's a D behind the name -- it would get a lot of votes.

Old 09-10-2022, 10:57 AM

13,748 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjuice View Post
I am a lifelong PA resident. Like it or not, PA is TRUMP country! Yes, there are many liberal strongholds in PA, but most PA citizens have conservative views.

How Fetterman is even in the running for this position is baffling! And frankly, I question the integrity of his supporters. I think Dr. Oz may even be embarrassed that Uncle Fester is his opponent, and that he secretly wishes he was running against someone more respectable and professional. Tucker Carlson is the man! He says what we are all thinking!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...akedown-video/

Not really. It's his image. That's the selling point just like being a TV personality helps OZ and being a former football great helps H. Walker. I wouldn't be surprised if Oprah runs someday.

Electability and being a reliable vote for their party is what matters in today's politics.

Old 09-10-2022, 11:02 AM

10,873 posts, read 4,546,402 times
said for the nth time: the best choice for PA and what PA needs is that Fetterman NOT be a senator more so than Mastriano be a guv'nor. PA has weathered its fair share of modern dipstick corrupt govs, 'Don' Rendell and Wolf come to mind. But in the national senate, PA, nay, the US benefits greatly if the senate reverts back to GOP control - even if OZ would be mostly a rubber stamp. But at least he is an educated rubber stamp. OJT will come to him quickly. doctorships aint easy to come by so he checks that box.

Old 09-10-2022, 11:02 AM

13,748 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Sadly, and especially the democrats -- it's all groupthink - all of them spout the same Marxist redistribution nonsense, the same climate change nonsense, have TDS, want to kill babies, and want to have wide open borders. A can of vegetables could be on the ballot and as long there's a D behind the name -- it would get a lot of votes.

In 2022 turnout will determine who wins. Not sure how motivated the Black vote is this year esp. for Fetterman.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/64110355-post41.html

Old 09-10-2022, 11:10 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,167,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Am I the only one who thinks they recognize Fetterman from a paleolithic cave painting?
He Looks like - Lurch from the Adam's Family.

------------

I think Both are horrible. I'm not a fan of Oz'...

Old 09-10-2022, 11:23 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
and Biden has lied since 1973
I don't believe Biden is a candidate in this race. Any other irrelevant GOP deflections you want to raise?

Quote:
What has Oz done or said that makes him unelectable?
He's a grifter, a charlatan, and he's not a Pennsylvanian.

Quote:
I saw the grocery store video. It was not awful. He was talking about inflation. Just because he chose a meal that was healthy to do it doesn’t mean he’s out of touch.
Well, for starters, he screwed up the name of the grocery store he was "shopping" in. His ingredients were hilariously out of scale and it's obvious he's never assembled a vegetable platter in his life, let alone been in a grocery store at any recent date. Comedy gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjuice View Post
How Fetterman is even in the running for this position is baffling!
He won the primary. Duh.

Old 09-10-2022, 11:37 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,401,207 times
What an embarrassing choice to have to make. Pennsylvania is one of the most backward weird places I have been in the USA. I don't mean that at all in a good way. Olive just over the border from PA and I would vote for an earthquake, that opens a big hole, swallows the entire state and closes in on itself.

Old 09-10-2022, 12:18 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,619,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
That's their prerogative. What Hillary Clinton did or didn't do in 2000 is irrelevant to the current race in Pennsylvania. But if you so passionately believe Mrs. Clinton's Senate campaign is so important to the Pennsylvania Senate race:

New York voters went for it. That doesn't mean I, or other Pennsylvania voters, have to.

Trying to pigeonhole entire groups of people based on your own biases is not a good look.
I know you were addressing a different poster, but I think you are missing the point. If a (D) supporter wants to assail a (R) for being XYZ, do they do the same when someone in their own party does the same thing?
If not, it is hypocrisy, and I believe that is what you and others are being accused of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections