Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2022, 10:35 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
You're claim of drug addiction on Fetterman's part is a ridiculous fabrication.
Right. The evidence must all be in that poster's head, because I haven't seen any produced yet.

Old 09-12-2022, 05:31 PM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
No surprise. Defending and enabling criminals, being a freeloader most all his life, being a slob, even doing a poor job as mayor of a dumpy town, so bad that he won’t even send his kids to the local school, etc…, is obviously very appealing to Dems.
This could be a defining moment for the country. If anyone could vote for Fetterman, in good conscience, based upon the man’s core beliefs, then god help Pennsylvania. It’s not about anything, except core beliefs. The PA voters get what they deserve.

Old 09-12-2022, 05:36 PM

45,231 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
This could be a defining moment for the country. If anyone could vote for Fetterman, in good conscience, based upon the man’s core beliefs, then god help Pennsylvania. It’s not about anything, except core beliefs. The PA voters get what they deserve.
What about Oz? He’s further left than Obama and running as a GOP’er

“I'm proud to join this effort with fellow Republicans. I believe that same-sex couples should have the same freedom to get married as straight couples.” -Oz

Old 09-12-2022, 05:43 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,667,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
What about Oz? He’s further left than Obama and running as a GOP’er
You could be right, similar to how he pushed cures he knew were fraudulent.

Old 09-12-2022, 05:57 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
It's a sad state when someone who presents like Fetterman is probably going to win.

People will get exactly what they vote for good and hard.
I get what you are saying. This is exactly what I had been saying about Trump when he ran.

Once he won he was actually worse than I expected.

Old 09-12-2022, 06:38 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Yes they do, and let them reap the consequences. I have no pity for those that suffer the consequences of what they vote for….much like we’re seeing the last 17+ months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I get what you are saying. This is exactly what I had been saying about Trump when he ran.

Once he won he was actually worse than I expected.
No Aghan debacle, no skyrocketing Bidenflation, no border crisis, etc…, and no war with because Trump. Just mean tweets, and we’ve seen the consequences of voting with hurt feelings.

Fetterman, especially after his stroke, much like Sleepy Joe, will be entertaining to watch, however. Interesting how cognitive ability isn’t so important to Dem voters.

Last edited by erieguy; 09-12-2022 at 06:47 PM..

Old 09-13-2022, 07:33 AM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,781,830 times
After seeing Fetterman's performance, it's beyond me how anyone can vote for him. If you don't like Dr Oz, stay home. But this guy?

Old 09-13-2022, 11:42 AM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Even the Washington Post editorial board realizes that John Fetterman needs to come clean about his health, and that he needs to debate Dr. Oz:

Quote:
Since returning to the campaign trail, Mr. Fetterman has been halting in his performances. He stammers, appears confused and keeps his remarks short. He has held no news conferences. Mr. Fetterman acknowledges his difficulties with auditory processing, which make it hard for him to respond quickly to what he’s hearing. He receives speech therapy — and we wish him a speedy, full recovery — but the lingering, unanswered questions about his health, underscored by his hesitation to debate, are unsettling.

The Fetterman campaign squandered credibility by concealing from the public for two days after his stroke that he had been hospitalized. It waited weeks longer to reveal a more complete picture of his medical history, including that he had been diagnosed in 2017 with cardiomyopathy. Mr. Fetterman had a pacemaker with a defibrillator implanted after the stroke. The campaign’s response to questions about Mr. Fetterman’s health is to point to a doctor’s note, released more than 14 weeks ago, which said “he should be able to campaign and serve in the U.S. Senate without a problem” if he takes his medications and exercises.

That’s not good enough. Mr. Fetterman is asking voters for a six-year contract without giving them enough information to make sound judgments about whether he’s up for such a demanding job. We have called for full disclosure of health records from candidates for federal office in both parties, including Donald Trump and Joe Biden, and we believe Mr. Fetterman should release his medical records for independent review.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...debate-health/

Old 09-13-2022, 12:14 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Like I said, he has to release his full medical record. The voters of PA needs to know the extent of his stroke and what caused it. If he uses drugs that caused the stroke it should be known.

Drug users avoids doctors. The doctor told him 5 years ago that he needed to be on high blood pressure medication, lose weight, change his diet and constantly be monitor by the doctor. For 5 years he refused to see his doctor or take the medication. Drug Users refuses to go to the doctor because they don't want to be lecture or let the doctor find out what's in your system. Doctors take this serious.

He has to come clean. 6 years as a U.S. Senator is a long time and the voters needs to know his true condition and if he is going to make it. Why did he refused to go to his doctor for 5 years and didn't take high blood medication or lose weight? If he can't follow the direct life and death advice from his doctor and the medication how can he be U.S. Senator and take care of the needs of PA? I really suspect drug abuse.

Old 09-13-2022, 01:04 PM

9,881 posts, read 4,650,430 times
Could be drug abuse or I'm wondering if his stroke was after a covid vax booster. Or just over weight.

My whole thing is I would want an individual to hold accountable. The interns, staff and party officials he would delegate to don't count. Just put the DNC on the ballot. Be honest about it but the show of 'a' candidate is waste of everyones time and misleading because they are selling an individual not groupies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections