Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2022, 07:37 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I don’t follow local politics in Pennsylvania, but I’m struggling to figure out why this seems to be a tough choice to people there. Obviously you should vote for the accomplished doctor with a functioning brain that wants to support jobs over the guy who has heart problems and a recent stroke in his 40s who wants to empty out the prisons.

Also, why do democrats not care if their candidate is cognitively impaired?
The issue for many voters is policy, not the candidate. Although Oz does not appeal to many many native PAers. He is muslim in a very catholic state and comes off as elitist which doesn't fly.
But mostly, they do not like what Oz stands for. Abortion is huge. Standing up for the big lie is offensive in this state because Trump tried hard to overthrow the voice of the PA voters by lying and it outraged many honest voters. The biggest problem with Oz is that he is aligned with Trump. Another republican candidate would fair better.

Old 09-10-2022, 07:44 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
The issue for many voters is policy, not the candidate. Although Oz does not appeal to many many native PAers. He is muslim in a very catholic state and comes off as elitist which doesn't fly.
But mostly, they do not like what Oz stands for. Abortion is huge. Standing up for the big lie is offensive in this state because Trump tried hard to overthrow the voice of the PA voters by lying and it outraged many honest voters. The biggest problem with Oz is that he is aligned with Trump. Another republican candidate would fair better.
Lol at because Trump and Muslim. Folks been crying about OZ because muh crudite, how wealthy he is, claiming he’s elite, etc… it’s hilarious how even freeloading Fetterman cries about his wealth. Perhaps mommy and daddy finally cut him off, lol.

Still waiting to hear why Oz can’t be a great politician for PA?

Old 09-10-2022, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol at because Trump and Muslim. Folks been crying about OZ because muh crudite, how wealthy he is, claiming he’s elite, etc… it’s hilarious how even freeloading Fetterman cries about his wealth. Perhaps mommy and daddy told him to go get a job to support himself, lol.

Still waiting to hear why Oz can’t be a great politician for PA?
I'm not saying he can't be a great poltiician.
I am saying he stands with Trump who many people HATE for what he tried to do in PA by overriding the voice of the voters.
I am also saying many republicans don't like that Oz is muslim.
So democrats don't like him (plus the abortion issue is a nonstarter for them) and some republicans voters can't get past the muslim part.

Old 09-10-2022, 07:54 AM

Quote:
I'm not saying he can't be a great poltiician.
I am saying he stands with Trump who many people HATE for what he tried to do in PA by overriding the voice of the voters.
I am also saying many republicans don't like that Oz is muslim.
So democrats don't like him (plus the abortion issue is a nonstarter for them) and some republicans voters can't get past the muslim part.
In other words, no reason he can’t be a great politician. You simply don’t like him because he’s a meanie Republican, but funny how you pay so much attention and you can’t even vote in PA, lol.

Old 09-10-2022, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
In other words, no reason he can’t be a great politician. You simply don’t like him because he’s a meanie Republican, but funny how you pay so much attention and you can’t even vote in PA, lol.
I don't think you read my post.
I gave an explanation on why voters in PA don't like him.
They would like another republican candidate better. Oz supporting the big lie offends many honest voters who expect their votes to count. Not all republicans support what Trump tried to do in PA.

Old 09-10-2022, 08:04 AM

21,480 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
I think the only smart play for Pennsylvania if no one wants Oz or Fetterman is to elect Fetterman then have him removed for being medically unable to perform the job and have another person appointed. The person appointed would likely be more popular than OZ and would not have to deal with recovering from a Stroke while in office.

I don't know if you can get enough people in Pennsylvania to vote for Oz from the start, he seems nearly unelectable from what we see outside the state, but this may be different on the ground in Pennsylvania. But you never know he might pull it out depending on how the debate goes.

Either way, Pennsylvania voters will have poor representation.
What has Oz done or said that makes him unelectable? I hear people say it but all they seem to site is some commercial in a grocery store that wasn’t that bad and that he was endorsed by Trump. From where I sit Trump was actively trying to help Pennsylvania by trying to save the steel industry. What is the mindset of Pennsylvanians? I’m trying to understand why they would prefer someone who wants to destroy proven industries for the green manufacturing fantasy that really is only good for China, and also let out violent murderers.

Old 09-10-2022, 08:05 AM

Quote:
I don't think you read my post.
I gave an explanation on why voters in PA don't like him.
They would like another republican candidate better. Oz supporting the big lie offends many honest voters who expect their votes to count. Not all republicans support what Trump tried to do in PA.
I read it and your post was much speculation, especially since you’re not even in PA, and have been calling Oz elite, clamoring about his wealth, muh crudite, etc…, because he’s a meanie Republican. Oz obviously touched a nerve over there in Jersey, lol.

Old 09-10-2022, 08:11 AM

21,480 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
One wonders if your ideology is so strong that anyone running as a (D) will get your support/vote, no matter how bad or incompetent they are?
No one wonders. They know.

Old 09-10-2022, 08:19 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What has Oz done or said that makes him unelectable? I hear people say it but all they seem to site is some commercial in a grocery store that wasn’t that bad and that he was endorsed by Trump. From where I sit Trump was actively trying to help Pennsylvania by trying to save the steel industry. What is the mindset of Pennsylvanians? I’m trying to understand why they would prefer someone who wants to destroy proven industries for the green manufacturing fantasy that really is only good for China, and also let out violent murderers.
Dr. Oz -- long before he contemplated a political career, was often in the 'news' for his support of all kinds of 'magic' pills for weight loss. At the 'height' of his television career, Oz accepted big money to promote diet pills -- mainly 'herbal' concoctions to promote weight loss. That's not seen as a doctor with integrity.

In a February 2012 episode of his show, Oz touted raspberry ketones, the compound that gives the fruit their smell, as "the No. 1 miracle in a bottle to burn your fat." That kind of stuff just doesn't sit well with people that aren't into bull. Green coffee beans were another 'magic' bean according to Oz.

He tweeted and deleted (for a heart surgeon why tweet it in the first place) "For centuries, we have used astrological signs to examine our personality and how we interact with those around us," he said. "However, these signs may reveal a great deal about our health as well."

He's done some sketchy stuff -- all seemingly for money.

That grocery store promo was just another example of his sketchy thought process.

There is a ton of stuff you can find that existed long before Oz entered the political arena.

Old 09-10-2022, 08:24 AM

3,113 posts, read 939,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Dr. Oz -- long before he contemplated a political career, was often in the 'news' for his support of all kinds of 'magic' pills for weight loss. At the 'height' of his television career, Oz accepted big money to promote diet pills -- mainly 'herbal' concoctions to promote weight loss. That's not seen as a doctor with integrity.

In a February 2012 episode of his show, Oz touted raspberry ketones, the compound that gives the fruit their smell, as "the No. 1 miracle in a bottle to burn your fat." That kind of stuff just doesn't sit well with people that aren't into bull. Green coffee beans were another 'magic' bean according to Oz.

He tweeted and deleted (for a heart surgeon why tweet it in the first place) "For centuries, we have used astrological signs to examine our personality and how we interact with those around us," he said. "However, these signs may reveal a great deal about our health as well."

He's done some sketchy stuff -- all seemingly for money.

That grocery store promo was just another example of his sketchy thought process.
Docs promote magic pills all day, everyday. Like Xanax to treat your anxiety. I've even seen them promote naltrexone for obesity claiming it blocks craving for sweet foods.

If someone takes Oz's advice on 'raspberry ketones' it would be much more beneficial than taking your PCP's advice and taking Naltrexone lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections