Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2022, 12:27 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,619,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
The difference between John Fetterman and OZ is Fetterman looks like the average blue-collar type I don't care if you think he's a loser or a trust fund baby he looks the part as if he's one of us blue-collar folks.

OZ is an out-of-touch multimillionaire carpetbagger with his ten houses and rubbing elbows with the rich and powerful. Fetterman is from PA and seems like a guy you'd wanna get a brewski with.
You must be joking, as appearance is clearly irrelevant to ones thoughts and the way they would vote in a given situation.
Fetterman is clearly a leftist who allowed his parents to fund him into his 40's, while Oz is someone who made his own money.
That aside, when someone runs on releasing criminals, making hard drugs legal and the like, that is not blue collar values, nor any sane person would want to have a beer with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s45qIZb1Qs

Old 09-10-2022, 12:43 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,670,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjuice View Post
I am a lifelong PA resident. Like it or not, PA is TRUMP country! Yes, there are many liberal strongholds in PA, but most PA citizens have conservative views.

How Fetterman is even in the running for this position is baffling! And frankly, I question the integrity of his supporters. I think Dr. Oz may even be embarrassed that Uncle Fester is his opponent, and that he secretly wishes he was running against someone more respectable and professional. Tucker Carlson is the man! He says what we are all thinking!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...akedown-video/
I'm a lifelong conservative Republican PA resident who totally anti-Trump. There are many college educated PA Republicans who have similar views. We do not believe Trump is a conservative Republican. My neighbor is a retired attorney who had never voted for a Democrat until Trump came along. He now refuses to vote for any Republican for any office. Trump is the worst major politician in this country since Joe McCarthy.

Tucker Carlson is the post child for political conspiracy theories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
said for the nth time: the best choice for PA and what PA needs is that Fetterman NOT be a senator more so than Mastriano be a guv'nor. PA has weathered its fair share of modern dipstick corrupt govs, 'Don' Rendell and Wolf come to mind. But in the national senate, PA, nay, the US benefits greatly if the senate reverts back to GOP control - even if OZ would be mostly a rubber stamp. But at least he is an educated rubber stamp. OJT will come to him quickly. doctorships aint easy to come by so he checks that box.
Do you really know anything about Oz's political views? He strikes me as the kind of person who would do or say anything to get elected, and then act the complete opposite when he gets in office.

Old 09-10-2022, 01:56 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I know you were addressing a different poster, but I think you are missing the point. If a (D) supporter wants to assail a (R) for being XYZ, do they do the same when someone in their own party does the same thing?
If not, it is hypocrisy, and I believe that is what you and others are being accused of.
I would not presume to speak for all voters, Democrat or otherwise.

But if you really want to know what I think ... I'd support a residency requirement of no less than a year for anyone to petition to run for any office. That would include Congressional as well as state and local candidates. I've seen my share of carpetbaggers in all levels of politics, and it's not pretty nor does it benefit the constituents.

The likelihood of that happening nationwide - and it must be nationwide to be in effect for Congressional candidates - is slim to none, of course, but a girl can dream.

Old 09-10-2022, 03:23 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,375,111 times
I don't live in Pennsylvania, so obviously won't be voting in this race. But I have noticed a number of posters making reference to John Fetterman's diminished capacity after he suffered a stroke. Has there been any talk about him withdrawing and another running in his place?

Old 09-10-2022, 04:31 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I don't live in Pennsylvania, so obviously won't be voting in this race. But I have noticed a number of posters making reference to John Fetterman's diminished capacity after he suffered a stroke. Has there been any talk about him withdrawing and another running in his place?
He won’t withdraw and it doesn’t matter. Dems are pulling that D lever no matter who the candidate is…what’s interesting is there’s been little to no reasons given why Fetterman should be voted for, only because Oz is a carpetbagger which made zero difference to them when Hillary did it, he’s extremely successful so they call him elite, and he used a fancy word they didn’t know what it meant.

Old 09-10-2022, 06:28 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I don't believe Biden is a candidate in this race. Any other irrelevant GOP deflections you want to raise?

So each race has different standards? riiight

Quote:
He's a grifter, a charlatan, and he's not a Pennsylvanian.

Again, different races have different standards. Hillary Clinton wasn't from New York and you Democrats still supported her.

Quote:
Well, for starters, he screwed up the name of the grocery store he was "shopping" in. His ingredients were hilariously out of scale and it's obvious he's never assembled a vegetable platter in his life, let alone been in a grocery store at any recent date. Comedy gold.

Is not the same thing as screwing a town and screwing your brains with drugs. Now he is punch drunk. Comedy Platinum.

Old 09-10-2022, 06:44 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
So each race has different standards? riiight

Again, different races have different standards. Hillary Clinton wasn't from New York and you Democrats still supported her.

Is not the same thing as screwing a town and screwing your brains with drugs. Now he is punch drunk. Comedy Platinum.
Bingo

Old 09-10-2022, 09:10 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Which drugs that Oz lie about ? I'm unaware as I don't watch his show so genuinely asking!
Where did I say anything about drugs. No one seems to able to point that out.

Old 09-10-2022, 09:29 PM

1,839 posts, read 677,466 times
It will basically come down to who PA voters want controlling the Senate, the Democrats or the GOP, based on the party’s platforms. (Views on Abortion, 2nd Amendment, etc)

Many Democrats will look past Fetterman’s health or other flaws, while many Republicans will look past Oz carpet bagging, or other flaws, for PA.

For progressive Democrats, they know he is the next Bernie Sanders if elected as Bernie will get too old soon and retire.

If Oz is a moderate Republican, what does that mean? If elected, will he occasionally confirm leftist justices and more often to work on bi-partisan legislation like Susan Collins? I’ve noticed that he no longer calls himself a moderate but did when he first announced his candidacy.

Old 09-10-2022, 10:17 PM

10,872 posts, read 4,540,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post

Do you really know anything about Oz's political views? He strikes me as the kind of person who would do or say anything to get elected, and then act the complete opposite when he gets in office.

yes, in fact I do, why do you ask?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections