Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 05:22 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Some coward left this rep note for me, unsigned:

The only country that survived black leadership in Africa is South Africa so go figure

Incorrect (though it's good to know where somebody's loyalties lie ). Botswana is doing well under Black leadership. Ghana is doing very well. Tanzania was doing well for 10 years, reforming its economy, until shenanigans in the US investment and banking sector caused a global economic crisis. Even so, its economy has been growing at 4%/year since then.

We'll never know how some of the African countries would have done without the US interfering in the democratic process, Congo/Zaire being one case in point. It's the US who installed a corrupt president, not the country's voters.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 02-08-2014 at 05:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 05:29 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronan123 View Post
i think the demographic shift is going down faster than anyone can even begin to imagine. luckily, when the real cultural clashes start, i'm probably dead anyway. lets face it: the only stable democratic societys of today is run by europeans/europan ancestors and to some extent by some south-east asian populations. when you take away the fundament for these societies - which in europes case of course is its own people - then they'll cease to exist. simple as that. the only civilized nations that will survive is the south-east asian ones, which haven't been blinded by naivity. think that blacks will be able to sustain those societies themselfes? think again. south africa, rhodesia, thaiti and the city of detrioit are all prime examples of what happens when previously pretty prospering nations/cities fell under black rule. not racist to state facts as far as i know...

middle-easterners probably have the intellectual capabilities for sustaining a western-style democratic society - but in their case islam is the obstacle.
What an incredibly ignorant rant this is. The part that frightens me is that you truly believe it. I will attempt to educate you even though I pretty much know my efforts will be futile.

African nations are in the condition they are in due to having been colonial and the boundaries drawn with no regard for the natural cultural boundaries that already existed. Combine this with the power vacuums which were created when the colonial powers granted independence which in many cases, they simply walked away. This created an environment perfect for corruption and abuse and once in place, it's hard to get rid of. Detroit? Please. Detroit was destroyed in large part by the auto industry sending most of the economically dependent jobs overseas. This happened throughout the rust belt. Haiti (I think that's what you meant) was also colonial and a lot of the Caribbean still shows signs of colonialism due to some areas still being ruled by outsider nations. The only people who can ruin a society are those with the money which means they have the power.

Also, when outside forces come in and carve out artificial boundaries, sooner or later, there will be conflict. An example within Europe was Yugoslavia. A nation put together under the belief that the south Slavs should be in one country and it fell apart not once but twice having been in two different incarnations. Also, western Europes stability is a relatively recent thing. Prior to 1945 I wouldn't call the previous 1000 years stable. the difference with Europe is that they have controlled their own destiny for the most part.

Old 02-08-2014, 05:44 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
Quote:
I'm not stating that all blacks can't live in and/or sustain western-style democracies. i'm saying that the majority of 'em can't, as evidenced by the examples i gave in my previous post.

No, but that isn't a fully analogue case either. The on-going 3rd world immigration (from africa in this example) mostly consists of uneducated, unmannered people that have cultural values totally imcompatible with that of a civilized nation. Hence, tension will be growing and cultural clashes are ineviteble. I'm not against non-european immigration per see - as long as it's moderate enough to fully integrate them into the western societies. Something that, at least Denmark, sweden and norway, have failed epically at. The black politican in england is most likely a case of good integration - something that requires a massive down-cut of the present immigration wave.

I was taking a more world-wide view of hit. In the US the blacks are the main problem, here in sweden it is the middle-eastern immigrants. Whether it stems from plain incompetence, or relgious or cultural differences the end-result is the same. Problems. Lots of 'em. And this will in the end, as i argue, lead to the collapse of these societies.

The immigration from the east is a working-style type of immigration, not an subsidy-style type of immigration driven by greed. Also, these societies (well, most of them) are still democracies and has populations that have a much deeper understanding of western culture and values. Overall, much less problematic.
So the majority of black people are uneducated, disorganised and inferior to the great White European race of humans?

Western society isn't the be all and the end all especially since many western countries have a lot of problems of their own including Sweden which is currently undergoing a big wealth gap and this is even worse in the USA, UK, France and even the Netherlands. In this day and age, yes western type societies do seem the most successful but that isn't to say its without flaws even in Norway, Sweden or Finland.

You speak ignorance and lack of understanding of why these so called "3rd world countries" are doing so poorly compared to the developed world. It's not the fault of the people but politicians that don't know how to run a country and as someone else said who are corrupted by greed.

Countries like Nigeria are not backwards, West African cultures may seem savage to a enlightened Northern European like yourself but to them it's their culture some aspects of course are wrong like witch hunting but the country (Nigeria) has an increasing middle class population while other African countries like Botswana are certainly not 3rd world. Other black countries (or at least part black) like Trinidad and Tobago again have problems but I would doubt that anyone would call the country backwards, unmannered or the people uneducated.

About being unmannered, the only unmannered person round here is you because of your ignorance, black Africans have strong family values, strong sense of morals and understanding that you would never achieve on your life. Probably the most unmannered people are born in Western societies, you rarely see Algerians drunk outside a nightclub shouting out vulgar language or is that now seen as being "mannered"?

To say immigration is leading to the collapse of European societies is ridiculous, if this was the case then every country in the Americas would have fallen ages ago, I'm a Black Brit and the only problem with Britain is not the immigrants, but the widening wealth gap, the government's blaming game on the EU immigrants etc and the lack of affordable housing for the working class. I'm sure this is felt elsewhere across Europe too.

Stick to posting on the weather forum!

Old 02-08-2014, 06:04 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
No, but that isn't a fully analogue case either. The on-going 3rd world immigration (from africa in this example) mostly consists of uneducated, unmannered people that have cultural values totally imcompatible with that of a civilized nation.
Nativists said the same in the US of southern European and Jewish immigrants to the US 100 years ago.

Quote:
I was taking a more world-wide view of hit. In the US the blacks are the main problem, here in sweden it is the middle-eastern immigrants. Whether it stems from plain incompetence, or religious or cultural differences the end-result is the same. Problems. Lots of 'em. And this will in the end, as i argue, lead to the collapse of these societies.
A population that was enslaved and then racially discriminated and marginalized. Even if the US is far less racist than before, it's a bit too late as most blacks got stuck at the bottom of the economic ladder and it will be hard for them to get. Black immigrants tend to do better than "native" blacks.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:30 PM

53 posts, read 184,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
what makes you think Moroccans and Algerians cause trouble but Africans and Asians do not? Care to elaborate?
As many know I study in France and i have Moroccan background.. Algerians/Moroccans represent roughly 1/3 of the inmates in France.. yet they make up about 5% Of France. Most problems originate from outspoken Moroccans and Algerians, and by personal experience Native Frenchmen, Asians, Sub Saharan Africans, or other Europeans did not act out in that manor...

I had to go for business in Antwerp last weekend and 30 Moroccans were arrested in a protest... and according to BBC .. half of all rapes in Brussels are from Moroccans

They truely are an embarrassment, and we need the sincere Moroccans to immigrate... no the ****heads who think they deserve everything.

Old 02-09-2014, 03:09 AM

89 posts, read 209,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Nativists said the same in the US of southern European and Jewish immigrants to the US 100 years ago.

A population that was enslaved and then racially discriminated and marginalized. Even if the US is far less racist than before, it's a bit too late as most blacks got stuck at the bottom of the economic ladder and it will be hard for them to get. Black immigrants tend to do better than "native" blacks.
The nativists were corrected. The WASP elites got replaced since they allowed the Jews and other minority groups to get into the upper reaches of political, economic and cultural power. If what you say about the American blacks is true than why are they at the bottom of the economic ladder in all western countries they are in, even the ones that did not have slavery, jim crow etc? They get plenty of government assistance in order to get a "leg up".

Old 02-09-2014, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saxon Lion View Post
The nativists were corrected. The WASP elites got replaced since they allowed the Jews and other minority groups to get into the upper reaches of political, economic and cultural power. If what you say about the American blacks is true than why are they at the bottom of the economic ladder in all western countries they are in, even the ones that did not have slavery, jim crow etc? They get plenty of government assistance in order to get a "leg up".
So are you trying to say that black people are stupid and incapable of claiming the social-economic ladder?

Old 02-09-2014, 04:15 AM

89 posts, read 209,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
So are you trying to say that black people are stupid and incapable of claiming the social-economic ladder?
No, I believe that the situation they are in today is not the fault of some other group.

Old 02-09-2014, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saxon Lion View Post
No, I believe that the situation they are in today is not the fault of some other group.
Well in that case I agree partially, however in Africa when European powers divided up and colonised the land many of modern day Africa's problems are at least partially coursed by White Europeans. For example Europeans introduced these ideas of homosexuality, witch hunting as a sin through Christian religions.

Across the ocean in Brazil, blacks are still seen as ugly, dirty etc which make it hard for them in Brazil to climb the social+-economic ladder.

For blaxks in developed countries like the USA, Canada and the United kingdom I suppose blacks can't blame everything on what has happened over a century ago but old prejudices are not completely gone with many cases on employers not wanting to take on Blacks based on ethnicity, surnames, appearance however this isn't just limited to black people make Muslims, too.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:15 AM

520 posts, read 1,515,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinrhar View Post
For many, Europe is becoming a really diverse place! Here in INED Research we have concluded by 2030 many countries will drop greatly in European percentage ....

Countries By European or White Percentage 2010
Austria: ~91.7%
Belgium: ~89.5%
Denmark: 94.8%
France: ~86.4%
Germany: 89.6%
Ireland: 94.8%
Italy: 97.1%
Netherlands: 84.6%
Norway: 92.5%
Poland: 99.5%
Portugal: 98.9%
Spain: 93.8%
Sweden: ~89.4%
Switzerland: ~92.0%
United Kingdom: 87.1%

Countries By European Percentage 2030
Austria: ~85.2%
Belgium: ~82.7%
Denmark: 91.9%
France: ~81.6%
Germany: 85.4%
Ireland: 91.5%
Italy: 92.8%
Netherlands: 79.6%
Norway: 87.6%
Poland: 99.4%
Portugal: 96.5%
Spain: 93.7%
Sweden: ~74.0%
Switzerland: ~87.0%
United Kingdom: 78.9%

Most of that countries do NOT collect data on ethnicity, so where did you get those inaccurate numbers from? How do you define "white"? Most Lebanese, Palestinians and some Turks are also "white" or "light-skinned" even moreso than some "white" Spaniards or Greeks!
Also, France is 81.6 % "white" but Sweden only 74%?! Portugal and Spain being as "European" as Poland despite having Latin American and Moroccan immigrants?

Also, I don't understand your agenda. How is it a good process that the European "homelands" have decreasing native populations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe