Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 05:36 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times

Advertisements

Middle Easterners are, strictly speaking, Caucasian, but few people consider them 'white' in a European sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 01:05 PM

53 posts, read 184,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brabham12 View Post
Most of that countries do NOT collect data on ethnicity, so where did you get those inaccurate numbers from? How do you define "white"? Most Lebanese, Palestinians and some Turks are also "white" or "light-skinned" even moreso than some "white" Spaniards or Greeks!
Also, France is 81.6 % "white" but Sweden only 74%?! Portugal and Spain being as "European" as Poland despite having Latin American and Moroccan immigrants?

Also, I don't understand your agenda. How is it a good process that the European "homelands" have decreasing native populations?

1)No Turks, Lebanese etc.. arent white..... and grow up.. some of these are estimates
2) I never said that it was a good thing
3) I cant tell what your geting at with the sweden and France part....

Old 02-10-2014, 01:52 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,737,015 times
Honestly I don't think this is a good thing since Europe unlike the US, Canada, or Australia already has a defined culture with thousands of years of history to back it up and it makes a substantial part of those countries identities. Any immigration to Europe should be limited to smaller amounts and should consist of educated individuals and/or investors as opposed to uneducated laborers.

Old 02-10-2014, 02:12 PM

449 posts, read 640,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Middle Easterners are, strictly speaking, Caucasian, but few people consider them 'white' in a European sense.

He's estonian

Old 02-10-2014, 02:16 PM

102,184 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
No they are not. You are not white until your skin is white!
So Italians aren't White? Jesus wasn't White?

Old 02-10-2014, 02:29 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,716,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Not to say most Japanese are probably whiter than Portugest/Southern Spanish/Italians. I guess the millions of Japanese are white.

I consider three racial groups in the world

1) Black (obvious)
2) Asian (North East Asian + South East Asian: Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese, Vietnamese, Thai, Lao, Cambodian, Burmese, Mongolian, Malaysian, Indonesian etc).
3) Caucasian (those European "white", mid-easterners, north Africans, Indians, most south Americans - including Latinos/hispanics).

Of course, there are many mixed - which is hard to define. For some reason, Americans like to say a 50/50 Black/white person is black. I don't know why.

Old 02-10-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjdfdsc View Post

Hispanic is a really bad racial category; it's more linguistic than anything else and lots of people speak Spanish. So Hispanics can be mestizos, whites, blacks (look at the Dominican Republic), or indigenous.
Hispanic is NOT a race. Period. Anything believing it is is stupid.

I personally know someone with taiwanese parents born and raised in South America. Racially he is Asian 100% but culturally he is predominantly hispanic (he speaks Spanish as his mother language, far better than his broken Chinese).

Old 02-10-2014, 02:35 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,341,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-hSYxvEZm9H...rean-Jesus.jpg
Evidence.

Last edited by Rozenn; 02-10-2014 at 03:18 PM.. Reason: Copyright issues

Old 02-10-2014, 02:48 PM

520 posts, read 1,514,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinrhar View Post
1)No Turks, Lebanese etc.. arent white..... and grow up.. some of these are estimates
Turks are different due to their highly mixed and heterogenous background but regarding Levantine Arabs.... I don't think that they generally aren't "white".

Lebanon
http://samihalabi.files.wordpress.co...est-rain-2.jpg

Greece
http://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/229150/greek-protest.jpg

You see, it's not that easy to put ethnic groups into categories. If Lebanese are non-white, so are plenty of Greeks and other Mediterranean people. Most people don't perceive Arabs from the Levantine areas as "white" because they aren't European by culture and geography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinrhar View Post
3) I cant tell what your geting at with the sweden and France part..
Your estimations showed Sweden having a smaller amount of "Europeans" than France. That CAN'T be true.

Last edited by Rozenn; 02-10-2014 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: Copyright issues

Old 02-10-2014, 02:50 PM

^^ those people are all white to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe