Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2018, 06:48 PM

26,793 posts, read 22,572,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selen View Post
You forgot to write the rest of the interview.

ZEIT ONLINE: That scene describes pretty precisely the fear that many in Germany now have in connection with Arab men: That they will see the naked legs of a woman and will want to rape her.

Mohammad F.: It is completely inacceptable to sexually harass women. Only men who weren't brought up well would do something like that.

ZEIT ONLINE: And what if there are a lot of men who weren't brought up well?

Mohammad F.: Germans shouldn’t be concerned. Syria has Internet and television and people knew pretty precisely before they left what was awaiting them in Germany.

Ammar: People are thinking about completely different things than sex and clothing. I, at least, am not interested. I have absolutely no interest in women. I want to become normal again. I want to stop thinking about gunshots and bombs. That will likely take years.

Mamoun: It’s the same with me. I lost my home, my job and my car. I can't forget what happened in Syria, and how sincerely I was welcomed here. Now, I am thankful for the opportunity to be here.”

I don’t care about Germany, they can send all the muslims away if they want and I still don’t care. In fact I hope all the Turks in europe come back to Turkey.
I didn't forget anything, I simply quoted what I, personally, find to be particularly important in this article.
Anyone could read the rest and come to their own conclusions, since the link was provided.

Last edited by erasure; 05-11-2018 at 07:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2018, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamMetal View Post
Syrians arent white. WHite is limited to Caucasians of European origin, and Syrians arent Europeans.
Says who?
As far as I know, in the US Arabs are considered to be "white."

Quote:
On the other Hand US census says Egyptians are white but spaniards are hispanic , thus non-white. So if you follow everything americans set as standard just doesnt make any sense.
It feels almost like America has its own *preferences.*

Old 05-11-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
No, they don't. After all, there are no ethnic Germans, there are ethnic Bavarians, Saxons etc. Germans are a mix of different ethnic groups to begin with. People in northern Germany look different from those in the south. You seem to have that odd image of blond and blue-eyed Nazi boys in your mind. That's more of a Hollywood thing. I am from southern Germany, but of Celtic origin. My mom looks almost Mediterranean. Syrians and Turks blend in just fine if they wear German clothes and don't speak.
Oh but they don't Neuling.
(well, may be 5%; the rest 95% - not.)
Yes it's true that Southern Germans look different comparably to people in other areas, but it still doesn't equal Arabic/Turkish look.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPreussen View Post
I do not believe that there is much of difference between those two nations . Both are european and secular countries , but here are some examples of bosnians .

Here are three suicide bombers and one of them from Bosnia .

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-bo...38546520070110

Here is recruiter of suicide bombers from Bosnia .

http://www.rferl.org/a/islamic-state.../28830776.html

Here is terrorist from Bosnia . A suicide attack on police station .

http:///www.reuters.com/article/us-b...0NI25A20150427

Here is article about 46 bosnian terrorists fighting on battlefields .

http://http://www.telegraf.rs/englis...-from-sarajevo

Here is another bosnian suicide and bomber terrorist .

http://www.ndtv.com/world-news/2-bos...police-1245055

Those were the first links that showed up in google . If you wanna more information , you can find it yourself .
Don't you "wanna" more information yourself, before posting those links?

Let's see here..

Link # 1;

SARAJEVO (Reuters) - Bosnia’s state court jailed a Swede, a Turk and a Bosnian on Wednesday for planning a suicide attack in Europe.

"Judge Mehmed Sator said Swede Mirsad Bektasevic, 19, Denmark-based Turk Abdulkadir Cesur, 21, and Bosnian Bajro Ikanovic, 29, all Muslims, wanted to press Bosnia and European governments to withdraw their forces from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Bektasevic was given 15 years and four months and Cesur was sentenced to 13 years and four months. Ikanovic ( the Bosnian) was actually sentenced to eight years for supplying Bektasevic with explosives to be used in a suicide belt, Sator said."

Nope, not a suicide bomber himself.

Link #2;

"The United States leveled terrorism charges on November 1 against a man extradited from Bosnia who had joined the Islamic State extremist group to allegedly help disseminate propaganda and recruit suicide bombers.

Mirsad Kandic, 36, a U.S. resident originally from Kosovo,
"

https://www.rferl.org/a/islamic-stat.../28830776.html

So, an Albanian then, not Bosnyak?

Link #3

These events are actually described in Wikipedia, in more details;

"Nerdin Ibrić, a radical Islamist[2][3] born in 1991 in Sapna near Zvornik, drove up to the Zvornik police station at around 19:00. When a sentry told him that he could not park in front of the station, Ibrić produced a rifle and opened fire at the officer, shouting Allahu akbar (lit. "God is Great").[4][5][6][7][8] Several Bosnian-language news portals claimed that Ibrić had never shouted Allahu akbar,[9][10][11] citing another news portal which only reported that he had shouted profanities and threats.["

You can read the rest here -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zvorni...ation_shooting

So a rifle. Not a suicide bomber yet again.

Link # 4 Doesn't open up.

Link # 5

"Two members of Bosnia's armed forces were killed on Wednesday night when a man attacked them with automatic weapons near a barracks in Sarajevo before blowing himself up, police said.

Dozens of special forces police officers were dispatched to the scene after the attack in a betting shop in a suburb of the Bosnian capital.

They then trapped the killer, a 34-year-old man reported to be a member of an Islamist group, inside a house, where he blew himself up at around midnight (2300 GMT)."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...0NI25A20150427

So yet again - the automatic weapons, an attack directed at police ( armed forces in this case) - nope, no innocent civilians in site, no explosive devices to "kill the infidels."
A different story all together.

From the same link;

"Muslims make up about 40 percent of Bosnia's 3.8 million people while the rest of the Balkan country's population is mostly Serbian Orthodox or Catholic.

The vast majority of Bosnian Muslims are moderates but a tiny minority openly support radical Wahhabism."

Now keeping that in mind, let's look at the ethnic composition of Bosniaks vs Albanians.

With Bosniaks everything is pretty easy; their language belongs to the South Slavic group ( although with a lot of borrowed words from Turkish and Arabic for understandable reasons,) and so is their genetic lineage;

"As with all modern European nations, a large degree of 'biological continuity' exists between the Bosniaks and their ancient predecessors with Bosniak Y chromosomal lineages testifying to predominantly Paleolithic European ancestry.[1][2] A majority (>67%) of Bosniaks belong to one of the three major European Y-DNA haplogroups:[1] I (48.2%), R1a (15.3%) and R1b (3.5%), while a minority belongs to less frequently occurring haplogroups E (12.9%), J2 (9.5%), G (3.5%) and F (3.5%) along with other more rare lineages.[1]"

In the same article, you can check out, where these last 4 haplogroups ( to which small part of Bosnians belong) are found more often ( hint - NOT in Europe.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneti...es_on_Bosniaks

But that's Bosniaks.
Now let's proceed to their neighbors - Albanians.

To begin with - Albanian language "is considered an isolate within the Indo-European language family; no other language has been conclusively linked to its branch."

And when it comes to genetics - the three major haplogroups associated with Albanians are yet again different comparably to Bosniaks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_the_Albanians

So as you can see, thse two are close neighbors, yet they don't have much in common.

P.S. And the last but not least - this particular link, where discussion about the Albanians ( whether they are Europeans or not,) has some pictures of Albanian celebrities, ( apparently in attempt to prove that Albanians are indeed Europeans.)
I looked at those pictures, and you know who they remind me most of all?
Caucasians ( as in the natives of Caucasian Mountains.)

Are Armenians/Georgians/Azeris Europeans?

There is no definite answer to this question.

Old 05-11-2018, 10:06 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,500,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Says who?
As far as I know, in the US Arabs are considered to be "white."

It feels almost like America has its own *preferences.*
I think it depends on which Arab we look at. They do not represent a single group. What unifies them is language and religion, which was brought forth by conquest. Berbers and Kurds are not Arabs despite living in territory that falls under their control. Likewise, many in the Sudan are not white even though they speak Arabic.

Old 05-11-2018, 10:29 PM

I still didn't respond to your other posts, ( which I intended to do,) but here it goes)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
I think it depends on which Arab we look at. They do not represent a single group. What unifies them is language and religion, which was brought forth by conquest."
When I think of Arabs, I think first of all of the Middle East, ( from where the conquest initially began,); the rest of the conquered people should have Arabic admixture ( as say in case of Iranians,) and some other people that Arabs reached might use Arabic language as well.

Quote:
Berbers and Kurds are not Arabs despite living in territory that falls under their control. Likewise, many in the Sudan are not white even though they speak Arabic.
I am aware about Kurds; don't know much about the Sudanese ppl, but NEVER thought of them as "Arabs" though.

Old 05-11-2018, 10:52 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,500,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I still didn't respond to your other posts, ( which I intended to do,) but here it goes)))

When I think of Arabs, I think first of all of the Middle East, ( from where the conquest initially began,); the rest of the conquered people should have Arabic admixture ( as say in case of Iranians,) and some other people that Arabs reached might use Arabic language as well.

I am aware about Kurds; don't know much about the Sudanese ppl, but NEVER thought of them as "Arabs" though.

Nowadays they all get lumped into the Arab World, but there are different ethnic groups living in that territory.

Old 05-11-2018, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Nowadays they all get lumped into the Arab World, but there are different ethnic groups living in that territory.
I never *lumped* anyone into that category.

Old 05-11-2018, 11:40 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,990,209 times
Quote:
I think it depends on which Arab we look at. They do not represent a single group. What unifies them is language and religion, which was brought forth by conquest. Berbers and Kurds are not Arabs despite living in territory that falls under their control. Likewise, many in the Sudan are not white even though they speak Arabic.
Arab is not a racial term. Just as Americans of all races consider and call themselves Americans, there are people of all races who are considered and who call themselves Arabs. Or you have Hispanic people of all races as well for similar reasons (historically conquest). Or for Jews, you have Jews of different races as well.

So a person can be very Black and Arab, and many Arabs North Africa, when DNA testing is done show some "Black" African in them.

Old 05-12-2018, 12:22 AM

30 posts, read 20,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
No, they don't. After all, there are no ethnic Germans, there are ethnic Bavarians, Saxons etc. Germans are a mix of different ethnic groups to begin with. People in northern Germany look different from those in the south. You seem to have that odd image of blond and blue-eyed Nazi boys in your mind. That's more of a Hollywood thing. I am from southern Germany, but of Celtic origin. My mom looks almost Mediterranean. Syrians and Turks blend in just fine if they wear German clothes and don't speak.

Dont make a silly of yourself, syrians dont blend in Southern Germany, I Was doing exchange in Schwarzwald/Baden areas, and the people look typically germanic albeit not as extremely northern European as the Northern Germans, they still look like germanic people in facial features/structure, body types, overall height and and how common blond/red blue eyes are. And no, Syrians, TUrks, Bulgarians, Portuguese, Spanish, Italians, and even the French from the other side of the border can be told solely by their appearance. Even Joachim Low who is at one extreme of German appearance still look germanic if you look at his facial shape (nose, eyeset, face structure) Syrians at most could blend in Portugal, italy, spain and Maybe areas of france with lot of mediterranean input, but not Anywhere north of the Alps.

THose Syrians

https://www.aljazeera.com/mritems/im...86814dc_18.jpg

https://tvo.org/sites/default/files/...led-family.jpg

look the same as those southern-germans

https://www.forstpolitik-umweltpolit...die-waldstudie

http://esg-fr.de/neu2013/wp-content/...7124503453.jpg

Last edited by FlamMetal; 05-12-2018 at 12:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe