Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2018, 04:00 AM

1,660 posts, read 1,208,902 times

Advertisements

Europe should not try to emulate America's racial and ethnic problems.

Besides it's not true diversity if it's just Africans and middle easterners making up all the immigrants. You need more Hispanics and east Asians make for well rounded diversity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2018, 04:06 AM

536 posts, read 323,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
He is partly right in this matter, if a European child were risen by Afghans in Afghanisten, he might become a typical Afghan in mind. The same vice versa, if an Afghan child were risen by Germans in Germany without strange influence he would become a German in mind.

However, the reality is, Afghan/Muslims/whatever in Germany or other European countries are usually risen by their real parents and thus they not neccessarily become "westeners", the larger the parallel societies the more they remain middle easteners or whatever, this is not about genetics, but about culture and the strangers usually do not adopt our culture and this is why they not become Germans but remain aliens for generations.
But the point is , it is about culture not about genetics . I agree with you . That is the whole point . But I disagree about other european cultures not assimilating . The whole previous polish immigration before the war completely assimilated . Many famous german athletes are from those completely assimilated polish families . Dirk Nowitzki , Tim Borowski , Juergen Grabowski , Toni Turek and many others . There is nothing polish about these people besides their last names . Old italian immigration also completely assimilated like for example Wilhelm Canaris , Franka Potente . They are , were 100 percents german . Nothing italian left of them .

Last edited by WestPreussen; 05-06-2018 at 05:22 AM..

Old 05-06-2018, 05:31 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,332,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPreussen View Post
But the point is , it is about culture not about genetics . I agree with you . That is the whole point . But I disagree about other european cultures not assimilating . The whole previous polish immigration before the war completely assimilated . Many famous german athletes are from those completely assimilated polish families . Dirk Nowitzki , Tim Borowski , Juergen Grabowski , Toni Turek and many others . There is nothing polish about these people besides their last names . Old italian immigration also completely assimilated like for example Wilhelm Canaris , Franka Potente . They are , were 100 percents german . Nothing italian left of them .
I was refering to non-european Muslim migration, I do not consider white europeans to be "racially diverse", at least not to a relevant degree. Racial diversity usually seems to refer to Muslims and pocs.

Old 05-06-2018, 05:51 AM

Quote:
I was refering to non-european Muslim migration, I do not consider white europeans to be "racially diverse", at least not to a relevant degree. Racial diversity usually seems to refer to Muslims and pocs.
Okay , I see now . I somehow misread , when you wrote "in other european countries " that you meant europeans from other countries in Germany .

Old 05-06-2018, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
"local" haplotypes exist within the Northeast German - Northwest Polish group.

I also wanted to add that nortwestern Poland are all transplants from former eastern polish teritories (todays Ukraine and Belarus ) and from todays central Poland . They are not native population there . The native population was expelled after the war to Germany .

Last edited by WestPreussen; 05-06-2018 at 07:22 AM..

Old 05-06-2018, 09:04 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,332,882 times
Quote:
Okay , I see now . I somehow misread , when you wrote "in other european countries " that you meant europeans from other countries in Germany .
I meant that Muslim immigration is a burden to many European countries, other than Germany especially GB, France, Belgium and the Netherlands and that they properly integrate nowhere.

Old 05-06-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
I meant that Muslim immigration is a burden to many European countries, other than Germany especially GB, France, Belgium and the Netherlands and that they properly integrate nowhere.
I agree that uncontroled immigration of people , especially when there is a threat of terrorism is absolutely unacceptable . That is why there should be some commision which would supervise what people come in , and what do not . Immigration in small proportions is not bad if people who are supposed to immigrate would prove that they are peaceful towards european order , law , customs , habits and society . There should be compulsary language classes and cultural classes , where their commitment should be judged also by those immigration commision . If there were the smallest signs of support towards religious laws and disregard for european values , such people should not be able to immigrate . For example Tatars in Poland are muslims and behave very well and are really good and respectable people towards polish law and customs . If there was to be war tommorow , they would stand in the same lines as polish soldiers defending Poland . Peaceful people should not be discriminated because of those fanatics who do mess just , because they share the same religion .

Old 05-06-2018, 09:55 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
He is partly right in this matter, if a European child were risen by Afghans in Afghanisten, he might become a typical Afghan in mind. The same vice versa, if an Afghan child were risen by Germans in Germany without strange influence he would become a German in mind.

However, the reality is, Afghan/Muslims/whatever in Germany or other European countries are usually risen by their real parents and thus they not neccessarily become "westeners", the larger the parallel societies the more they remain middle easteners or whatever, this is not about genetics, but about culture and the strangers usually do not adopt our culture and this is why they not become Germans but remain aliens for generations.
Everyone is talking here about A child.
But in this case it would be more correct to talk about "children."
Quite a few of them.
Only THEN you can come to the right conclusions, while observing a GROUP.

Old 05-06-2018, 09:59 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:

I even know of Pole in Isis who died fo them .
Again - A Pole doesn't cut it.
Besides, I asked specifically about the suicide bombers.

Old 05-06-2018, 10:11 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,683,480 times
Quote:
They do integrate, that's the bad part, that's a pure pain in the a*s that the 90% that are perfectly well integrated and ready to go for a bar and party, are destroyed (even on the job market :X) by the 10 pct that totally refuse any form of authority except Allah, for many reasons, parenting first...

That's an other story
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe