Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2014, 10:01 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times

Advertisements

Sanctions are detrimental and Russia and Europe. This dead-end way. But Russia's population are mostly supported sanctions. Because Russian unhappy that Europe and the United States establish a NATO base around Russia and help to arrange a military coup in Ukraine.

And, of course, Russian are not happy that the international community has accused Russia in the war in the south-east of Ukraine. They believe these charges unfair, because Russia is not at war there. Volunteers - it's just volunteers.

And when the Russian believe that they are right (with them the truth and God), they will support any sanctions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 10:13 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,248,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post

And, of course, Russian are not happy that the international community has accused Russia in the war in the south-east of Ukraine. They believe these charges unfair, because Russia is not at war there. Volunteers - it's just volunteers.
Russia has not officially declared war against Ukraine. But i think we can all read between the lines what is happening.

Old 08-08-2014, 10:23 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,475,037 times
Quote:
Sanctions are detrimental and Russia and Europe. This dead-end way. But Russia's population are mostly supported sanctions. Because Russian unhappy that Europe and the United States establish a NATO base around Russia and help to arrange a military coup in Ukraine.

And when the Russian believe that they are right (with them the truth and God), they will support any sanctions.
Sanctions are detrimental to mostly germany because its relies on the gas to fund their industry. This is how the germans control europe. NATO has kept the peace in Europe since world war 2! They keep the french and germans from starting wars on the European continent and prevent them from invading russia. Remember! It was the the French, Germans, and mongolians that Invaded russia! Not the British and not the US. Putin isn't happy with just taking crimea. He was wants that land bridge to moldovia. He doesn't even care about the money he gets from european gas. Its all about pride for the rodina? Do you think NATO will ever go to war with Russia. It didn't go to war during the cold war. I don't have after iraq and afghanistan they are going to attack russia. China is the target now.

Old 08-09-2014, 12:42 AM

261 posts, read 256,485 times
Putin blocks food buying with EU and declares it as "sanctions".
Does it make sense ?
Traditionally food providers used this in war times as sanctions not food buyers.
If EU had declared the same thing as sanctions against Russia, there would probably
have been some oppositions in most EU-countries since food is a sensitive issue
historically, Russians will remember Leningrad in WW2.
So, at first sight this looks as if Putin does another round of EU-sanctions against himself.

Blocking Russian gas to Europe would seem more logical as "sanction".
But maybe it's not so easy with existing treaties, I remember this possibility
was discussed when the pipelines were built.

What better things could Putin do as sanctions ?

He could ban certain persons that he doesn't like from entering Russia
Boycott European sport events
Forbid airplanes to fly over Russia
But that only puts him more into isolation, since there is international consensus
that such steps are inappropriate.
Forbid Snowden to publish documents ? Bad for Europe, but good for USA.
Forbid German or English speaking in Russia ?
But that was his main argument to enter Ukraine : attempts to ban Russian language.

Withdraw from ISS ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Space_Station
But Russia propagated it in the past, is proud of it.

other suggestions ?

Old 08-09-2014, 01:23 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgsgs View Post
Putin blocks food buying with EU and declares it as "sanctions".
Does it make sense ?
Traditionally food providers used this in war times as sanctions not food buyers.
If EU had declared the same thing as sanctions against Russia, there would probably
have been some oppositions in most EU-countries since food is a sensitive issue
historically, Russians will remember Leningrad in WW2.
So, at first sight this looks as if Putin does another round of EU-sanctions against himself.

Blocking Russian gas to Europe would seem more logical as "sanction".
But maybe it's not so easy with existing treaties, I remember this possibility
was discussed when the pipelines were built.

What better things could Putin do as sanctions ?

He could ban certain persons that he doesn't like from entering Russia
Boycott European sport events
Forbid airplanes to fly over Russia
But that only puts him more into isolation, since there is international consensus
that such steps are inappropriate.
Forbid Snowden to publish documents ? Bad for Europe, but good for USA.
Forbid German or English speaking in Russia ?
But that was his main argument to enter Ukraine : attempts to ban Russian language.

Withdraw from ISS ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Space_Station
But Russia propagated it in the past, is proud of it.

other suggestions ?
I think Putin is considering it.
( But overall I guess the idea behind the ban on foreign foods is to deprive European/American sellers of their market and therefore - profits.)

Anyway, this is what I've read today on Dmitry Olshansky's ( Russian journalist, editor) F.B. page;

"There is something I have to tell you, honestly.
For a few months I've been watching this unfolding horror; the people burned alive, pregnant women and women with young children sitting in pools of blood, the airstrikes on Lugansk, that has now neither electricity nor water, I saw this woman with her legs blown off, I saw the burning city of Gorlovka, the hypocrisy of Americans, the indifference of Liberals ( Russian "democrats",) I watched the rebels who are in desperate need of tanks and artillery, who experience shortage of the ammunition, of food, of everything.
I was watching all this and thought to myself - well, what will be the response of Kremlin, which I'd like to trust so much?
How it's going to stop all that?
What's about that "red line" and "Russian world?"
And Kremlin came up with response
I will be not allowed to eat Norwegian fish from now on.

I have no words."

Old 08-09-2014, 01:28 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,704,600 times
The price of food will rise in Russia while in Europe it will be lots of cheap produce for them. Russians can't even go abroad without the risk that their travel company might go bankrupt, and if Putin carries on like this we will be seeing queues for food in Russia again.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
The price of food will rise in Russia while in Europe it will be lots of cheap produce for them. Russians can't even go abroad without the risk that their travel company might go bankrupt, and if Putin carries on like this we will be seeing queues for food in Russia again.
Russian will buy oysters from Belarus.

Old 08-09-2014, 11:44 AM

By the way, if the Russian shells Ukrainian army, why Ukrainian soldiers fleeing the fighting in Russia?

Old 08-09-2014, 11:57 AM

750 posts, read 907,095 times
Quote:
By the way, if the Russian shells Ukrainian army, why Ukrainian soldiers fleeing the fighting in Russia?
What are you mean? Ukrainian soldiers now at war with Russia, all of them.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation ' Australia is guilty of humanitarian accident on Donbass '.

Old 08-09-2014, 12:03 PM

Video of the Chechen war is very similar to the video of the south-east of Ukraine.

But the situation in the south-east is very different from the Chechen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe