Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2021, 09:23 AM

1,348 posts, read 625,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Okay. This has gone too far. i want one for Christmas.

https://www.itemfix.com/v?t=th56f9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLFO...80%D0%BB%D0%B8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NJz...9C%D0%90%D0%9B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxV-...el=max21071972

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69Fp...9A%D0%9E%D0%92

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-yU...9C%D0%B8%D1%80
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2021, 11:06 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
The Russian military preparedness has shifted gear lately. Around 2500 troops from Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan kicked off large-scale joint drills at the Kharb-Maidon practice range in Tajikistan, located 20 km from the Afghan border, on August 5 that will run through August 10. The drills involve 2500 troops, including 1800 Russian personnel drawn mostly from units of Russia’s 201st military base in Tajikistan.

In the Russian assessment, the Biden Administration is manoeuvring to create an open-ended military presence in Afghanistan and to launch a hybrid war as in Syria. There is deep suspicion in Moscow as regards the US’ geopolitical intentions.

Afghanistan

Russia has recently accused US/Turkey of redeploying ISIS from Syria and Libya to Afghanistan. Not surprising since the US has been providing air support for ISIL in Iraq by attacking the PMU militias whose primary task is hunting down Iraq resistance.

Old 08-08-2021, 11:40 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,929,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The Russian military preparedness has shifted gear lately. Around 2500 troops from Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan kicked off large-scale joint drills at the Kharb-Maidon practice range in Tajikistan, located 20 km from the Afghan border, on August 5 that will run through August 10. The drills involve 2500 troops, including 1800 Russian personnel drawn mostly from units of Russia’s 201st military base in Tajikistan.

In the Russian assessment, the Biden Administration is manoeuvring to create an open-ended military presence in Afghanistan and to launch a hybrid war as in Syria. There is deep suspicion in Moscow as regards the US’ geopolitical intentions.

Afghanistan

Russia has recently accused US/Turkey of redeploying ISIS from Syria and Libya to Afghanistan. Not surprising since the US has been providing air support for ISIL in Iraq by attacking the PMU militias whose primary task is hunting down Iraq resistance.
Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised if the US is letting Afghanistan to fall to sh*t to keep Russia busy in Central Asia, while the US will focus on Venezuela and Cuba.

Old 08-08-2021, 03:03 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Part I.

Russians of course are suspicious of this move of US gov in Afghanistan, thinking that it has been done with the purpose in mind to set Russia's Eastern borders on fire, while they are busy with their western borders ( Ukraine) as it is.

Afghanistan ( or rather radical Islam there) was a concern for the Russian ( then Soviet) government because of the possible infiltrating forces in the neighboring Stans plus Northern Caucasus.

This is the major reason why the Russians wanted to remove the Islamists from power in Afghanistan back in the 80ies.

But, as we all remember, American gov. supplied the Islamists with the Stingers, which destroyed the only real advantage that Russians had in Afghanistan - those "flying fortresses," ( don't remember the name of the special helicopters that were the only effective machinery to deal with the *invincible enemy* that was hiding in the mountainous area.)

And this of course hindered the Russian operations in Afghanistan.

As some people are telling me now - "it was a revenge for Vietnam."
Very well.
It probably "felt good" for some time, until the September 11 of course.

So keeping this in mind, let's go back to the current situation in Afghanistan yet again.

The US withdrawal from Afghanistan hits the WHOLE REGION, that whole part of the world in much bigger ways than I ever suspected ( even if the original intention was ( yet again) only to hurt Russian interests.

So India that has a simmering conflict with Pakistan as it is, is pointing now at Pakistan as the main co-conspirator to create Taliban government in Afghanistan, and truth to be told - it is.

Of course they were helping their own - Pushtu ethnic group, the "believers" that were prepared in Islamic boarding schools ( madrassas) of Pakistan.
So now India is looking for closer ties with Iran to counter-balance Pakistan.

India is losing a lot of investment money that they put into Afghanistan's infrastructure by the way, while Americans were staying there ( about $3 billion,) which doesn't make them happy about Am. troops withdrawal.

Then comes China, which is looking forward to take over Afghanistan with its mineral resources, willing ( yet again) to invest in Afghanistan's infrastructure, and to get even more financial/political clout in the region.
Provided - Taliban will forget about their Uighur Islamic brethren in China, the "reeducation camps" and so on.
Oh, and of course if (according to Taliban's envoys request in Moscow) so that that the "terrorist group" label would be removed from them in the UN.

They want to be legitimate, since they understand that without financial help and investments their country will remain in the pit.
In return, they promise that they will not host any "international terrorist organizations" such as ISIS or Al Qaeda.
It will be only their own, small and cozy "Islamic Emirate" and nothing else.

The pesky Russians somehow don't believe a word of these promises, and are starting the joint drills on the "Stans" borders, where the more moderate Islamic governments are weary of Taliban's expansion/invasion. ( Yes, their economies are dependent on Russia too.)

And speaking of Stans - I hear more and more that last Putin/Biden meeting in Switzerland was actually about Afghanistan too.

And since it took only about 45 minutes, I imagine it went something like this;
Biden: "Can we revive our old military bases in "Stans" or build the new ones in order to keep Taliban in check from there?"
Putin; "In our backyard? Not just "no," but hell no. We already saw what you are doing in Ukraine. You'll never leave those bases once you'll put them there."

Of course Trump who initiated this US troops withdrawal, initially had GOOD RELATIONS WITH RUSSIA in mind when he was sworn in, and he didn't want ANYTHING TO DO with Ukraine.

But we already know what came out of it.

The howling, the hysteria and the rest.

But as I already said before, Trump had a good intuition.

Last edited by erasure; 08-08-2021 at 03:35 PM..

Old 08-09-2021, 06:41 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
The reason the Russians and their cohorts in the Stans are picking up the pace is because there is going to be a period of chaos possibly over the next couple of years. They don't want trouble coming over the borders and are showing whatever entities there are roaming the countryside their muscle. Radical crazies are a threat.

I doubt there will be any trouble once the Taliban consolidate their power in the country, at least not anything large scale. The US is most likely withdrawing because of the need to redeploy assets in the Pacific theatre. I heard that 1900 pieces of military equipment are being shipped to the western Pacific region. Possibly the bulk of it to the Philippines and Japan.

Americas armed forces are stretched thin when considering the obligations we are taking on ourselves in the western Pacific. We can't stay in a conflict like Afghanistan and expect a good result elsewhere. Russia and China have both spoken with the Taliban and i think some groundwork has been laid for future relations. China is going to go whole hog on Afghanistan and Russia is going to aid but mostly keep it's distance.

Old 08-09-2021, 06:45 PM

A sign of having the correct priorities.

https://www.belpressa.ru/38589.html

Old 08-09-2021, 08:53 PM

Quote:
A sign of having the correct priorities.

https://www.belpressa.ru/38589.html

Yep, same for the LDNR.
People that already got the Russian passports and signed up for the Russian social security number, ( which provides the health care coverage too,) now can apply for the same amount of money per child to get ready for the school year.

I already mentioned before that Donbass is a blue color region, and it would be difficult for them to accept the "corporate Moscow," with the "United Russia" at the helm.
But Putin figured out that much too, and made sure that it were the "United Russia" deputies all over Donetsk, bringing the good news and funds to the LDNR.

This way he is promoting loyalty to the brand from the get-go, and assures the future support from the local population in the upcoming elections in Russia, in which the LDNR citizens with Russian passports are entitled now to participate too.

BTW, from what I hear on Russian news, "The West is already getting ready to recognize the upcoming elections in Russia as illegitimate."
Or rather the results of it.

Old 08-09-2021, 09:12 PM

Quote:
The reason the Russians and their cohorts in the Stans are picking up the pace is because there is going to be a period of chaos possibly over the next couple of years. They don't want trouble coming over the borders and are showing whatever entities there are roaming the countryside their muscle. Radical crazies are a threat.

I doubt there will be any trouble once the Taliban consolidate their power in the country, at least not anything large scale. The US is most likely withdrawing because of the need to redeploy assets in the Pacific theatre. I heard that 1900 pieces of military equipment are being shipped to the western Pacific region. Possibly the bulk of it to the Philippines and Japan.

Americas armed forces are stretched thin when considering the obligations we are taking on ourselves in the western Pacific. We can't stay in a conflict like Afghanistan and expect a good result elsewhere. Russia and China have both spoken with the Taliban and i think some groundwork has been laid for future relations. China is going to go whole hog on Afghanistan and Russia is going to aid but mostly keep it's distance.

Yes they did.
(I am talking specifically about Russia now.)

But interestingly enough, after the Russian gov. reps heared out the Taliban envoy in Moscow, the anchor people keep on referring to Taliban as the "terrorist organization, prohibited in Russia" on the news.

Very explicitly so I've noticed.

So my guess is, Putin has something in mind.
But whatever it is, my prediction is that he will come out on top of the game again, whatever it is he is going to negotiate with the regional powers.

Turkey was my concern for a while ( them demanding a bigger role) but they've been hit lately real hard with the wild fires during this tourist season, so this might shift their priorities.

So this would be the Part II of my conclusions for now.

Just a guess.

Old 08-10-2021, 06:58 PM

I really think that this time around Afghanistan is going to have a real opportunity for progress to happen. Just like in the past (1960s and 1970s) where stability allowed for it. The Talibs are not stupid and they know that great powers are willing to work with them if certain standards are met and the results will be far and away what they have been offered so far. They'll make efforts to meet demands they are being asked to.

Afghanistan is a key piece in the expansion of Chinas BRI and Chinas overall plan for the World Island. They have all the methods in place to turn the country around. I highly suspect the US, Britain and others will do their utmost to obstruct any progress being made. Terrorism, mass bombing of even civilian areas, even another invasion in the near future should not be taken off the table.

Old 08-10-2021, 08:05 PM

The US will increase its presence in Ukraine. The Nazis are halfway to Moscow.

https://www.rt.com/russia/531653-rez...ploy-military/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe