Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2018, 10:02 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times

Advertisements

I think Medvedev is the Russian version of an American Neocon. He's too nationalistic in his approach, a man of the state and for the state alone.

I think Putin is more worldly and down to earth, practical and not hard headed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2018, 01:43 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
What are Russians opinions on Medvedev. I know that both erasure and Maksim seem to dislike him, but I wanted to know why.
No, problem is different. Medvedev is an ordinary official. He is completely a man of Putin and he is not fit to be the leader of the nation in difficult times. Putin has a lot of minuses, but he managed to get the country out of the crisis. Medvedev is different.

And Medvedev also often accidentally (most likely accidentally) says stupidity. "There is no money, but you hold on", "good teacher will always find a way to earn money", etc.

Old 05-08-2018, 03:45 AM

80 posts, read 36,895 times
Quote:
What are Russians opinions on Medvedev. I know that both erasure and Maksim seem to dislike him, but I wanted to know why.
Because he is helpless, pointless and inefficient!
And, yep, he irritates people with his stupid and naïve statements (which were maybe out of context, but still)

I think, Russians are very patient.
We get it that it’s a huge country which is difficult to rule, especially under all pressure and sanctions. But nevertheless, I think, Medvedev’s team could do much better the previous period!

It's a shame, that all new administration- are the same faces. They are just shuffling the deck with the same cards. Is there anyone new and fresh?
P.S. As for Mutko, he has to be somewhere in jail after all our humiliation in Olympics. But, oops, he’s over there again!

Old 05-08-2018, 06:01 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeraLub View Post
P.S. As for Mutko, he has to be somewhere in jail after all our humiliation in Olympics. But, oops, he’s over there again!
Putin has the right point of view. International pressure can not be a reason for a minister's relapse from office. The situation with Russian doping has too little evidence. And too much propaganda.
Putin just trolls West.

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 05-08-2018 at 07:22 AM..

Old 05-08-2018, 09:34 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:

I always found the following picture really cool. Medvedev with the members of Deep Purple.

He would look even more cool like this;

https://interesnoznat.com/interesno/...nshhinami.html

Here they are all in a row -

https://staryiy.livejournal.com/1005032.html

(Poor Poroshenko - he is ugly no matter what version)))

Last edited by erasure; 05-08-2018 at 09:45 AM..

Old 05-08-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
No, problem is different. Medvedev is an ordinary official. He is completely a man of Putin and he is not fit to be the leader of the nation in difficult times. Putin has a lot of minuses, but he managed to get the country out of the crisis. Medvedev is different.

And Medvedev also often accidentally (most likely accidentally) says stupidity. "There is no money, but you hold on", "good teacher will always find a way to earn money", etc.
Thank you for finding patient, kind words for him.
Because the only word I have on my tongue when speaking of Medvedev is "retard."

Like half of them, sitting in the government, these people have no business of being there, judging by their mental abilities.
Medvedev is a prime example.
Putin keeps him around not only to keep his chair warm, but he comes across as a good lap dog, always looking in the mouth of his master and wagging his tail.

I might dislike Putin all I want, but yes, AT LEAST he is fit for his job.

Old 05-08-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

BTW - this explains right there.

I am not a big fan of the look of Russian men.
However the very same features look great on women ( that's why Russia has a lot of good-looking women I assume.)
But look at Trump - ( or rather his feminine version.)

Here the process works in reverse I think...

Old 05-08-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
1. What Russians think of rest of Europe countries like U.K, Germany, Italy etc
2. Where Russians go to the beach ?
3. Why Russians drive so crazy base on YouTube videos I see ?
4. Did you explore entire Russia ?
5. How are Russian women
6. What Russian food
7. Can you explain Finno-Ugric people

1. From what I know, usually two drastically opposite opinions prevail; spiteful "Eurofaggots" and lamenting "Oh Europe, the greatest of them all.."
The third opinion, "they are just nations, with their own pluses and minuses" is also there, but not as often.

2. Lakes and rivers. There are plenty of them. ( Unless, of course, people head to the Black Sea coast - Sochi and Crimea.)

3. Because part of them are crazy and have no business being behind the wheel, and some are plain crazy period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORfuzs4FEWs

( I just like the music here, but there are other videos out there of course)))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyGaDgHkT3g

4. Not "entire," but there was time when I had to travel a lot across the country. I found the population to be very different, (comparably to Moscow.)
But that was long time ago.

5. Good looking for the most part.

6. Russians are your typical meat-and-potato eaters deep down inside, even when other variety of foods is available. And oh - mash potatoes are for children, real man eats his potatoes fried on a skillet.

7. Sorry but no, we can't explain "Finno-Ugric people," because no scientist can do that. No scientist can explain how a group that varies so greatly in looks, (starting from the heart of Europe - Hungary, proceeding to Finland/Estonia and then to some middle Russia/Siberian lands, has the language of the same root.

Last edited by erasure; 05-08-2018 at 10:49 AM..

Old 05-08-2018, 11:28 AM

80 posts, read 36,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Putin has the right point of view. International pressure can not be a reason for a minister's relapse from office. The situation with Russian doping has too little evidence. And too much propaganda.
Putin just trolls West.
Maksim, I agree- Russia shouldn’t make its decision based on the west’s opinion.

On the other hand, the desire to troll someone in such important issues instead of doing what it’s right for Russia seems not even better.

All in all, almost in everything too many games for external policy. Too little attention to our internal problems((

Old 05-08-2018, 12:18 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,384,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

Hands down - that female Putin is the best looking one Poroshenko, yes -the worst looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe