Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2019, 09:28 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
So I was curious today at work how much land cost in Russia. I googled it and I am blown away how cheap it is and how beautiful the land is!!! You can get 18000 acres near Vladivostok for less than $100,000!!! https://russian-realestate.com/prope...-land-7300-ha/

The scenery is beautiful down there compared to the subartic landscape I had as a mental image. To have elk and tigers and lynx and bears and deer all in one spot is amazing!! I wish I could buy this ranch! I can afford it, I just couldn't access it. Anything like this in Colorado would cost $10,000,000 for something 1/4 the size!
But you can't buy it. Unless you have a Russian partner to buy it with. This isn't actually for sale, only for rent. Read the fine print. (i.e. the comments section) A good scheme for the government to take in foreign currency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2019, 11:00 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
You can buy similarly restricted land in Canada or Alaska and have much reduced chance of Putin's friend's nephew stealing it back from you.

Old 05-15-2019, 02:43 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
You can buy similarly restricted land in Canada or Alaska and have much reduced chance of Putin's friend's nephew stealing it back from you.
There is no deed that comes with payment for the land. It's only a medium-term lease. But yes; Canada. And no worries about outlaw Chinese or others, poaching tigers or ginseng on your property, and regarding you as a liability to their illegal activities.

Old 05-17-2019, 01:31 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Hello everyone, I'm back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
They aren't actually producing world class jet fighters. The SU-57 has been in the design phase for 17 years and they still can't get it into production. The only fighter Sukhoi is actually making is an upgraded version of an over40 years old airframe. Facts
Su-34 is one of the best fight bombers in the world.

+ Russia plans to build 76 Su-57 by 2028, but experts doubt that the price can be so cheap ($ 30 million).

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 05-17-2019 at 01:42 AM..

Old 05-17-2019, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
The superjet SSJ 100 showed that the Russians cannot build good liners due to corruption, the loss of the engineering school and general sloppiness.
The problem is a bit different. Of course, Russia is not a leader in the construction of civil aircraft. But SSJ 100 is a normal aircraft that is certified worldwide. SSJ 100 has some problems, but it is not critical for operation. Unfortunately, the salary of pilots in Russian airlines is much lower than in foreign airlines, thus Russian airlines pilots have lower qualifications.The tragedy in Sheremetevo has these very reasons.

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 05-17-2019 at 02:24 AM..

Old 05-17-2019, 01:50 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,729 times
I remember someone here talking about corruption ... Yes, our corrupt officials are small kids compared to American ones..

Pentagon Contractor's 9,400% Profit on Half-Inch Pin Challenged
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...pin-challenged

Old 05-17-2019, 02:01 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
The problem is a bit different. Of course, Russia is not a leader in the construction of civil aircraft. But the SSJ 100 is a normal aircraft that is certified worldwide. The aircraft has some problems, but it is not critical for operation. Unfortunately, the salary of pilots in Russian airlines is much lower than in foreign airlines, thus Russian airlines pilots have lower qualifications.The tragedy in Sheremetevo has these very reasons.
This is true, but, i think you agree with me, that a salary of 10,000$ per month it's all the same a very, very good salary to Russia. And about low qualifications, you are right, this is a big problem of our aviation.

Old 05-17-2019, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
And not about the characteristics of the SSJ-100 (which after a lightning strike in the engine was able to reach the airport and make an emergency landing, which saved almost half of the passengers).

This is a misconception. The plane must withstand a lightning strike in the normal mode. This should not lead to equipment failure. This tragedy is a set of factors and errors. The plane entered storm front (the captain of the plane or an airport dispatcher must to cancel the departure). The plane could not stand lightning strike (technical problem). And main: the pilots failed to land (they must to take the plane to second round after the first bounce). Unfortunately, it is leading blame on the pilots, they made grave mistake when landing.

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 05-17-2019 at 02:28 AM..

Old 05-17-2019, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
This is true, but, i think you agree with me, that a salary of 10,000$ per month it's all the same a very, very good salary to Russia. And about low qualifications, you are right, this is a big problem of our aviation.
It is very good salary, but foreign companies offer many times more.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:52 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
I remember someone here talking about corruption ... Yes, our corrupt officials are small kids compared to American ones..

Pentagon Contractor's 9,400% Profit on Half-Inch Pin Challenged
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...pin-challenged
A lot of the money appropriated to the Pentagon is siphoned off, counted as unspent in a given year and given away in subsequent years where it's not being tracked.

Quote:
The fraud works like this. When the DoD submits its annual budget requests to Congress, it sends along the prior year’s financial reports, which contain fabricated numbers. The fabricated numbers disguise the fact that the DoD does not always spend all of the money Congress allocates in a given year. However, instead of returning such unspent funds to the US Treasury, as the law requires, the Pentagon sometimes launders and shifts such moneys to other parts of the DoD’s budget.
https://www.thenation.com/article/pe...-budget-fraud/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe