Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2019, 08:40 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
I did not talk about nukes in Cuba but a military base capable of hosting in the future offensive weapons...thanks for proving my point that Russia is fully justified in wanting to prevent NATO expansion..as a matter of fact if I were Putin it would be my absolute red line....no more NATO eastward expansion, otherwise we bite hard...actually any western alliance base (regardless of NATO membership of the host country) shoudl be a red line.
You said "again" and that would infer that you meant like the Cuban missile crisis. Any non nuclear Russian base in Cuba would still be opposed but not violently.

Russia can oppose or draw any red lines it wants but if we want to build a base in Poland for example there is not a thing Russia can do to stop it. Strong words from Lavrov are about as much as they can do. Fortunately for Putin, Trump shows a lot of restraint here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
It is born of fear, absolutely!! Fear of losing control and having Russian military assets close to home.
Okay you're right, we are terrified of 2 transport planes across the sea. What a terror! I never heard about it and considering how much news regarding Russia I consume, I would guess that 99.9% of Ameicans never knew either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 10:39 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post

And the western bases in Eastern Europe are where? Nowhere to be found! There are rotations of forces for training only. There is no requirement to deny nations that wish to be protected from Russian invasions especially after they showed they will do it.
What "Russian invasions" are you talking about?? Are you that delusional??

NATO membership automatically turn you into a military ally of the US and the US can apply a lot of pressure to position its forces in that country.

Old 07-31-2019, 10:46 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times
Quote:
Any non nuclear Russian base in Cuba would still be opposed but not violently.
Yes they would or at least the neocon morons that run the show behind the curtains would love to try to...

Quote:
Russia can oppose or draw any red lines it wants but if we want to build a base in Poland for example there is not a thing Russia can do to stop it. Strong words from Lavrov are about as much as they can do.
Sure then do not expect any dialogue or collaboration in the future to resolve any problems (maybe it is news to you but Russia did help a lot in the so called "war on terror") and do not complain about if Russian military assets start popping out in the Americas.

Quote:
Fortunately for Putin, Trump shows a lot of restraint here.
Fortunately for everybody Trump showed more statesmanship than the neocon idiots and luckily for Americans, Putin show a lot of patience...

Quote:
Okay you're right, we are terrified of 2 transport planes across the sea. What a terror! I never heard about it and considering how much news regarding Russia I consume, I would guess that 99.9% of Ameicans never knew either.
Really?? Front page on CNN and Fox about Russians military presence in Venezuela...they were bitching about it...

Old 08-01-2019, 10:50 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Turks are expecting US occupation of NE Syria to expand

https://www.yenisafak.com/en/news/60...eneral-3497038

Turkey is one of their targets for regime change. The government has been recently invited by China to sent observers to Xinjiang province. Cooperation between China and Turkey on the Uyghur insurgency would run counter to US activities there.

Old 08-01-2019, 10:57 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Ukraine first applied to join NATO in 1994

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrain...NATO_relations

There have been a number of communications or action plans communicated to Ukraine by NATO since if they want to get membership.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:35 PM

651 posts, read 415,931 times
Default Ukraine & NATO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Ukraine first applied to join NATO in 1994.There have been a number of communications or action plans communicated to Ukraine by NATO since if they want to get membership.
Yes, there were military trainings few times (for example 5 times in 2007). That caused mass protests in Crimea (I mean the period before 2014 of course) and, probably, in Southern regions. The Ukrainian public opinion never was sure about the question of joining to NATO.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:35 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Speaking of NATO expansion and Turkey, Erdogan recently ratified Macedonia into NATO. Just a few more countries to go...

I'd really like to thank Putin for unifying the West against his policies.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:07 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Speaking of NATO expansion and Turkey, Erdogan recently ratified Macedonia into NATO. Just a few more countries to go...

I'd really like to thank Putin for unifying the West against his policies.
Putin is so great that he began the expansion of NATO before coming to power.

Hungary 1999
Poland 1999
Czech Republic 1999
Bulgaria 2004
Latvia 2004
Lithuania 2004
Romania 2004
Slovakia 2004
Slovenia 2004
Estonia 2004

Old 08-04-2019, 03:56 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,385,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
The reason that "Russian opposition" ( the kind US gov. supports) doesn't have any chance in Russia, is because Americans can't use right wing people to fight the current Putin's regime, that is already staunchly RIGHT wing.

It can be only undermined with the help of the LEFT wing opposition, but we already know that American Dems will not go for that, and neither will Republicans for obvious reasons.
Europeans however ( being older and wiser) are probably finally figuring things out.

It is interesting to note that the English-language wikipedia article, which talks about the opposition in Russia, for example hardly mentions the Communist Party of Russia at all, even though it is still quite a popular opposition party.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:59 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhityk View Post
It is interesting to note that the English-language wikipedia article, which talks about the opposition in Russia, for example hardly mentions the Communist Party of Russia at all, even though it is still quite a popular opposition party.

You'd think that when it comes to American left, that's where they'd look for alliance if they hate Putin so much, but noooooo)))))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe