Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2018, 02:43 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,795,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I can't agree. America has a huge issue with our politicians prostituting themselves to every ******* that comes down the pike. No one is going to tell me they have the best interests of America in mind. What kind of fool wants the individual that is supposed to represent the countries interests having other obligations?

America is a mess. Our politicians being for sale to the highest bidder is one of the many reasons why.
And Russian politicians aren't? F**k me dead. And if they aren't f**ked dead by Putin, they will be in prison or killed. Luckily the US hasn't gone to that point.

Forget about Russia and its corrupt system and start to idealise some country which actually does well and acts responsibly. Like Denmark, as I suggested earlier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 04:04 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
From what I understand Russian politicans do not need the war chests a US politician does. US politicans have to start collecting money the day after their elected ffs. Russia is certainly not any worse.

For America to say it's a better system is some form of psychotic denial.

Old 01-05-2018, 07:12 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,795,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
From what I understand Russian politicans do not need the war chests a US politician does. US politicans have to start collecting money the day after their elected ffs. Russia is certainly not any worse.

For America to say it's a better system is some form of psychotic denial.
I agree that the cost of being elected in the US is way too high, and politicians are in an unhealthy relationship with their donors, but it's not better in Russia.

Henceforth, again, Denmark has a healthy system.

Old 01-05-2018, 07:43 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,491,500 times
Ariete makes a good point. Russia is hardly a model country to use as a template. Scratt, I understand your frustration with the situation in the US ,but the grass isn't always greener on the other side.
Look to Canada as a model instead or any other Western European country.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:39 AM

5,462 posts, read 5,704,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Ariete makes a good point. Russia is hardly a model country to use as a template. Scratt, I understand your frustration with the situation in the US ,but the grass isn't always greener on the other side.
Canada? A country that is ruled by sjw cucks who just criminalized the use of gender pronouns? You do know you can literally be thrown in jail or fined for referring to someone as "he" or "she". The law is on the books.
That's some North Korea-level speech control.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:42 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,297,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post

I do not think anybody thinks of Russia as a "model"......great powers rarely are......furthermore, as politically incorrect as it may sound, you cannot apply the same "model" of governance and institutions to every country.....Russia modeled after Sweden or Canada would not work.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:20 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,526,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
I do not think anybody thinks of Russia as a "model"......great powers rarely are......furthermore, as politically incorrect as it may sound, you cannot apply the same "model" of governance and institutions to every country.....Russia modeled after Sweden or Canada would not work.
Why?

Old 01-05-2018, 10:21 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,526,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
Canada? A country that is ruled by sjw cucks who just criminalized the use of gender pronouns? You do know you can literally be thrown in jail or fined for referring to someone as "he" or "she". The law is on the books.
That's some North Korea-level speech control.
For real?

Old 01-05-2018, 12:05 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,852,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Russia is not a great power. Pointed out your error.

Old 01-05-2018, 03:08 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,491,500 times
Yes Canada does a much better job of handling internal affairs than the US or Russia, though I'll be the first to admit that we have our own set of problems to address.
Im not a huge fan of Trudeau myself but he's a lot better than Trump, Putin, Duterte, Erdogan, the Ayatollah or Kim Jong.
Whenever I hear these leaders open their mouths, I hear the following:"Guys, guys, look at the size of my penis. It's huuuugggeeee"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe