Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2021, 04:22 PM

168 posts, read 128,922 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc0U...ture=emb_title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2021, 05:06 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
As they say in Russia "они все одним миром мазаны".

Quote:
Today, he is smashing Putin to smithereens on the TV screen, and tomorrow he will sit next to him in a chaise longue, sipping whiskey, somewhere on the Valdai and say: "Did you see? How well did I beat you on TV yesterday? And they will make plans to continue breeding suckers..

There is nothing wrong with them, "sipping whiskey together," as long as THEY DO THEIR job.

If after arguing and coming up with the new laws that represent both sides of the aisle they still can stand each other - let them drink. But if after the debates they'd rather won't see each other till the next session - that's fine too, as long as things remain civil.

That's politics for you.

As long as they do their job, the kind their constituents sent them to do in the government.

And from this point of view, I love what Sharij's deputies are doing in Ukraine, once they were elected in the local offices.

"We'd like to argue that land allocation for the new shopping mall in Zaporozhie is NOT on the top of priorities list.

Our constituents are far more interested, why are they forced to pay the government for "gas delivery" through the pipes, that they bought and installed themselves.

So we'd like to make this topic a priority for today's meeting."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_86nrUeP7k

Quote:
In Russia, at the moment, I do not see a single real oppositionist. Only opportunists, thinking only about themselves, and pursuing some personal goals of their own..
Of course the opposition is out there ( find V. Melnichenko for example on Youtube; he is closely associated with Grudinin and some "National Union.." don't remember now the name of it.

It's just that they wouldn't represent you or your interests necessarily, since they are the "agrarians."

But that doesn't mean they are not out there.

Old 01-29-2021, 08:36 PM

1,348 posts, read 625,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Горный Алтай?

That's right

Old 01-29-2021, 09:50 PM

Quote:

Oh Abkhasia was MY personal paradise - it's a much, much warmer place comparably to Altai, even by the look of it.

Just HAVE to re-post this again, to rub it in DKM's face ( he was saying how much nicer the Black Sea beaches are on Ukrainian side

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol7hCMvjWmM&t=158s

Old 01-29-2021, 10:37 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
That "beach" is horrible. Rocks without sand isn't a beach at all. Watching your video from 3:50 onwards... who would think that's a nice place really? Scary and decrepit third world soviet style place. Would rather be in the Altai with Zimogor. He looks like he knows how to have fun.

Old 01-29-2021, 10:43 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,468 times
Quote:
Oh, well, that's right. And I was going to hike in the mountains of Abkhazia in May

Old 01-29-2021, 10:52 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,022,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
That "beach" is horrible. Rocks without sand isn't a beach at all. Watching your video from 3:50 onwards... who would think that's a nice place really? Scary and decrepit third world soviet style place. Would rather be in the Altai with Zimogor. He looks like he knows how to have fun.
What a mess. Does it bother you that Ukraine is 99% like this?

Old 01-30-2021, 12:38 PM

403 posts, read 221,782 times
Default Sputnik vaccine

I have questions about Sputnik vaccine.

I became confused reading about all these Covid vaccines.

Johnson & Johnson vaccine finished their last trial but it's efficacy does not really look so good. The only pros are that it requires one shot and maybe protect us from developing a severe Covid case.
It uses an adenoviral vector and contains genetic material of the SARS-CoV-2 virus spike protein like Sputnik and Astra Zeneca vaccines.

Now, Astra Zeneca's vaccine (which is made similar) efficacy is not good either and they will try to combine theirs's with Sputnik's.

Sputnik uses two adenoviruses, instead of one - two shots , has high efficacy and relatively cheap - like half or 1/3 of Moderna and Pfizer (that use mRNA instead of DNA).

Now, my questions are:

1) Why more countries do not buy it? Instead of combining with Astra Zeneca - why just not use Sputnik?

2) Sputnik is available in Russia. Why (per my sister who lives in Russia) many Russians do not want it and wait for Moderna or Pfizer? Is it because those are safer (mRNA vs DNA based)?

3)I am predicting that we will be getting Johnson & Johnson here in US as it is one shot and population can be vaccinated fairly fast - like by summer. But, if I have a choice I would have Moderna or Pfizer (mRNA based)...or... Sputnik - instead of Johnson & Johnson. So, why wouldn't US buy rather cheap Sputnik vaccine instead of Johnson & Johnson?

4) What is Sputnik efficacy against UK and S. African variants of Covid? It is probably good since it uses two adenoviruses vs one.

5) Question for Russians (in Russia) - did you get it? Is it free? Ready available? What % of people have side effects? What % of Russians got it? How long immunity to Covid will last - 4-6 months or a life time?

Thanks!

Old 01-30-2021, 12:53 PM

Quote:

Of course, everything should be zoned out, commercialized and overpriced as in California, otherwise it's a "scary and decrepit world" - what else)))
Rocks without sand is acceptable trade-off for the gorgeous view of the mountains)))

P.S. And yes, I am actually amused that this place looks absolutely the same as it did 30 + years ago ( except for some signs of war.)

I guess Abkhasians like it this way, and Russians keep on coming as back in old days, because this place is still affordable I assume, and the nature there is breath-taking.

Old 01-30-2021, 01:14 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
No worse than the places I have seen all over the Mediterranean. I prefer rock and pebble beaches myself, the bigger the rocks the better. You just need to bring the correct cushions to lay on and arrange the rocks until the lumps are gone, takes 10 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe