Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2015, 12:08 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,816,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Ok because you said only a few American shows are aired on free tv (mostly Italia 1) but now there are more American tv shows than Italian tv shows on Italia 1

what? so are Italian shows the most viewed or not?
I said that Italia 1 is the exception, the only channel where there are many American shows, 9 are few compared to the hundred of shows which air on the 7 mainstream channels.

Italian shows are the most viewed, the first 11 episodes of Le Iene (Italian satirical and information show) have on average 2,511 m viewers, the first 13 episodes of Arrow have on average 1,844 m viewers, the first 10 episodes of Colorado (Italian comedy show) have on average 2,015 m viewers, i haven't data about the Simpsons but my guess is that it would be around 1,5m hich is impressive given the time (2 PM).
What i wanted to say is that those shows are the only one ho are comparable to Italian ones when it comes to popularity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2015, 12:41 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,261,452 times
Quote:
Ok because you said only a few American shows are aired on free tv (mostly Italia 1) but now there are more American tv shows than Italian tv shows on Italia 1

what? so are Italian shows the most viewed or not?
Well in UK the British shows are ahead of the American shows obviously but we still have a massive amount of viewings for those shows.
IMDb: Most Popular TV Series With Country of Origin United Kingdom

In continental Europe they don't watch many American shows and if they do they aren't the new ones like we watch e.g. True Blood or Vegas.

Old 04-25-2015, 01:06 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,840,758 times
why is homesickness / sickandtiredofthis so desperate for the UK to be like the USA?

I don't get it, it's almost as if he wanted Britain to become a state of the USA or something.

Other Brits I know would cringe at the thought.

Old 04-25-2015, 01:27 PM

595 posts, read 719,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
In continental Europe they don't watch many American shows and if they do they aren't the new ones like we watch e.g. True Blood or Vegas.
And how do you know?

Old 04-25-2015, 02:49 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,507,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
why is homesickness / sickandtiredofthis so desperate for the UK to be like the USA?

I don't get it, it's almost as if he wanted Britain to become a state of the USA or something.

Way to take things way out of context like every other posters on this site

Old 04-25-2015, 02:58 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,507,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
I said that Italia 1 is the exception, the only channel where there are many American shows, 9 are few compared to the hundred of shows which air on the 7 mainstream channels.

Italian shows are the most viewed, the first 11 episodes of Le Iene (Italian satirical and information show) have on average 2,511 m viewers, the first 13 episodes of Arrow have on average 1,844 m viewers, the first 10 episodes of Colorado (Italian comedy show) have on average 2,015 m viewers, i haven't data about the Simpsons but my guess is that it would be around 1,5m hich is impressive given the time (2 PM).
What i wanted to say is that those shows are the only one ho are comparable to Italian ones when it comes to popularity.
Just doesn't really seem like "just a few" to me, even on those other tv station websites i see plenty of American tv shows. (Shameless, 2 Broke Girls, Big Bang Theory, Mike and Molly, Chuck, Desperate Housewives, NCIS, JAG, Law and Order, Life on Mars, Castle, Numb3rs)

Sorry but if we are looking for a European country where American pop culture is least pervasive i don't think we should be looking at Western European nations.

Old 04-25-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victus View Post
And how do you know?
Because i've been there.. Many times

Old 04-26-2015, 08:05 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,384,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post

He's obsessed with it I thank my Grandparents for deciding to come to the UK and not the US.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:07 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,384,276 times
Quote:
Just doesn't really seem like "just a few" to me, even on those other tv station websites i see plenty of American tv shows. (Shameless, 2 Broke Girls, Big Bang Theory, Mike and Molly, Chuck, Desperate Housewives, NCIS, JAG, Law and Order, Life on Mars, Castle, Numb3rs)

Sorry but if we are looking for a European country where American pop culture is least pervasive i don't think we should be looking at Western European nations.
Those shows are shown everywhere I don't think there's any Country (maybe some in Africa and Asia) that doesn't show those shows. They're very popular also Shameless, Life on Mars and Numbers are British. Stop stealing our shows.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:39 AM

No. The UK shows much more American shows, in Europe its the boring shows like the Simpsons. Usually they are released months after whereas here its a day after America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe