Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 05:37 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,885,877 times

Advertisements

@ OyCrumber : you're beating around the bush, what Badmommy and I exposed are facts, and you can't deny it.
Another fact : the northern half of France has a rainy, grey, cold, rotten climate with looong winters...care to disagree? I'm living up there, and there is a popular saying in France :
"don't live in the countryside if you don't care to have the feet in the mud" ("les pieds dans la boue").
Of course if you make 100K$ a month, I guess it's not that bad..like in any country with that kind of money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 06:03 AM

37,265 posts, read 39,557,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
@ OyCrumber : you're beating around the bush, what Badmommy and I exposed are facts, and you can't deny it.
Another fact : the northern half of France has a rainy, grey, cold, rotten climate with looong winters...care to disagree? I'm living up there, and there is a popular saying in France :
"don't live in the countryside if you don't care to have the feet in the mud" ("les pieds dans la boue").
Of course if you make 100K$ a month, I guess it's not that bad..like in any country with that kind of money.
Right, because your experiences are the correct ones.

I'd congratulate the both of you on having proven you're both more miserable in a place where others have found better than here, but it's a bit of a booby prize.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:28 AM

1,629 posts, read 5,387,445 times
There was another thread recently saying Canada is the best place to live... A few months ago there was another article saying Iceland is the best place to live...who the hell writes these anyways? lol

Old 02-17-2010, 07:43 AM

@ OyCrumbler : right.
And even wealthy people are not that happy with the way of life here : I know a binational couple of CEOs, upper-upper middle-class (he, Parisian, she, Newyorker), tell me why they absolutely need to travel many times a year to the Caribbean, to the US or to the new hip destination : Lamu (Kenya)...

Old 02-17-2010, 07:48 AM

880 posts, read 2,027,105 times
you will go to jail if you say I do not believe the holocaust happened

Old 02-17-2010, 10:53 AM

Exactly. Those are the provisions of the orwellian and infamous 1990 Loi Gayssot (named after the Communist MP who initiated that law at the National Assembly).
See, my friends the American French ass lickers, there is no 1st Amendment in the French Constitution, repeat after me : THERE IS NO 1st AMENDMENT IN THE FRENCH CONSTITUTION...so there are a lot of French websites that are hosted in the USA, and even in Russia (maybe tomorrow in China or in Iran , who knows?)

Old 02-17-2010, 11:27 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,223,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmommy34 View Post
Of course the Lady mentioned in the Article is some corporate lawyer earning a fortune. If you are not in that position forget it. I can barely make due on 2100 euros a month and that is in the country up in the hills... I have to pay Social Security (medical) 101 euros a month and that is a 70/30 so I need a "mutuelle" to cover the rest. That is an extra 75 euros a month. And it still does not cover anything. A bad french doctor fixed my broken ankle wrong. Another surgeon said I have to get it rebroken. I meanwhile wear special soles that cost me 73 euros...no refund. That is why I am moving back to the US. Cannot save a dime hear. CNN also gives as examples people earning big bucks. I never listen to their drek...
Unless you are able to live with relatives, you're going to have to earn pots of money to live much better in the U.S., especially if you are still raising your children.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:37 AM

1,327 posts, read 2,609,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post

Exactly. Those are the provisions of the orwellian and infamous 1990 Loi Gayssot (named after the Communist MP who initiated that law at the National Assembly).
See, my friends the American French ass lickers, there is no 1st Amendment in the French Constitution, repeat after me : THERE IS NO 1st AMENDMENT IN THE FRENCH CONSTITUTION...so there are a lot of French websites that are hosted in the USA, and even in Russia (maybe tomorrow in China or in Iran , who knows?)
Especially and mainly the racist white nationalist websites.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:04 PM

@ Minatuko : some conservative/liberal websites as well (and by the way, "racist" is often only in the eye of the beholder)...But more to the point :
more facts about the so-called "#1 country for the quality of life":

Old 02-17-2010, 12:09 PM

Double digit unemployment is the norm in France - the official figures are deceptive and do not reflect the real figures, it's impossible to get a great job if you're under 25 or over 45, 5% of the population has 50% of the country's wealth,the 35 hour week is a disaster. Healthcare funds are hemorraging money,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe