Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 12:24 PM

5,781 posts, read 11,872,814 times

Advertisements

millions of immigrants and habitual unemployed and welfare receiving parasite with teen pregnancy or polygamy have been parasiting the system for years.
All these people, it is to be noted, have a very low comfort standard, and all the Americans that are here marvelling about France and its marvellous welfare system, even if on welfare in the States, would be surprised of how poor the living conditions of the disenfranchised are here.
Privacy laws like HIPAA are unheard of here, teachers, nurses, trains, bus drivers go on strike ALL THE TIME.
The average executive wage is 50K$ a year, and you do quite less with 1 Euro in F than with 1 $ in the US.
Crime is rampant -40% augmentation in the last 5 years-, hoodlums have guns and shoot cops on a daily basis. In the roughest areas, unemployment reaches 30-40%, police , firemen trucks are hijacked on a daily basis,and a lot of long term residents are stuck here and live in terror, among them many elderly people.
It's true that they have have a lot of vacation time, but what is time without money ? Go to these French campgrounds in August, it will be an education for you I'm sure...nightmarish. However France is great if you make over 100K a year, come from old money,but you'll still have to worry about crime....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 03:37 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
millions of immigrants and habitual unemployed and welfare receiving parasite with teen pregnancy or polygamy have been parasiting the system for years.
All these people, it is to be noted, have a very low comfort standard, and all the Americans that are here marvelling about France and its marvellous welfare system, even if on welfare in the States, would be surprised of how poor the living conditions of the disenfranchised are here.
Privacy laws like HIPAA are unheard of here, teachers, nurses, trains, bus drivers go on strike ALL THE TIME.
The average executive wage is 50K$ a year, and you do quite less with 1 Euro in F than with 1 $ in the US.
Crime is rampant -40% augmentation in the last 5 years-, hoodlums have guns and shoot cops on a daily basis. In the roughest areas, unemployment reaches 30-40%, police , firemen trucks are hijacked on a daily basis,and a lot of long term residents are stuck here and live in terror, among them many elderly people.
It's true that they have have a lot of vacation time, but what is time without money ? Go to these French campgrounds in August, it will be an education for you I'm sure...nightmarish. However France is great if you make over 100K a year, come from old money,but you'll still have to worry about crime....
What's that guy's name, Jean Marie LaPen?
Isn't he the one with all the cures for France's problems?

Old 02-17-2010, 08:54 PM

2,145 posts, read 5,070,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iColt1 View Post
Well all countries cant be HUGE such as Russia or USA. DUH!
well,this person was just qualifying his/her statement,(in case someone replied with 'france is not that big'),so it was not meant as an insult to france or anything...just saying that it is varied by geographical location in terms of what life is like.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:00 PM

2,145 posts, read 5,070,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Unless you are able to live with relatives, you're going to have to earn pots of money to live much better in the U.S., especially if you are still raising your children.
2100 euroes is what,around 3000 USD? You can live on that in the USA,if your employer offers good health coverage/plans for you and the family. And,depending on the state you live in,your COL and taxes will vary. And,in the US,depending on the size of your family,you will probably receive a decent tax rebate at the end of the year-EIC,child tax credit,etc,etc.

Honestly,it's 6 of one,half dozen of the other,at this point. The US and France each have their strong points. Must we argue about which is better? Both surely have their weaknesses.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:56 PM

23,221 posts, read 29,040,205 times
I'm a keen weather spy. In the paper, at least every other day, I look at the temp's of world cities I've traveled to, over the years. Paris is one of them.

That, and that alone, is enough to deter me from moving there, or anywhere in Europe. Including the Riviera.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:48 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,872,814 times
@ tijlover : you're right about the Riviera (climate overrated), however you' re a bit unfair about the weather of the southernmost chunks of Europe : the Canary and Balearic islands, the Spanish Costa Del Sol, coastal Sicily, Creta, Cyprus, Southern coastal Turkey /Peloponnesus (Greece) have all a balmy weather in winter, that can be compared to SoCal.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:37 AM

28 posts, read 33,954 times
and funny france, best place to live

i would rather live in a city not ment for vacations... like a place you could actually live in.
the france people see in movies are the nice parts of france, its not like that at all its very very dirty unless you go to the touristy places. well at least thats how it was when we went on our vacation there a couple years ago... might have changed

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 02-19-2010 at 10:51 AM.. Reason: do not discuss moderation on the forum boards

Old 02-19-2010, 07:26 AM

202 posts, read 568,116 times
Wait, people still pay attention to anything said on CNN?

Old 02-19-2010, 07:52 AM

14,482 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
you will go to jail if you say I do not believe the holocaust happened

Exactly. Those are the provisions of the orwellian and infamous 1990 Loi Gayssot (named after the Communist MP who initiated that law at the National Assembly).
See, my friends the American French ass lickers, there is no 1st Amendment in the French Constitution, repeat after me : THERE IS NO 1st AMENDMENT IN THE FRENCH CONSTITUTION...so there are a lot of French websites that are hosted in the USA, and even in Russia (maybe tomorrow in China or in Iran , who knows?)
Which French constitution are you talking about?
Since the ratification of the American Constitution in 1788 there have been 17 French constitutions. Additionally, there have been 18 amendments to the current constitution...Since 1958!
This isn't even mentioning the Constitution of the European Union.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:15 PM

202 posts, read 568,116 times
Boy, those French really make me mad!

They think their culture is the best, They think their form of government is the best, they think they're better than everyone else, they refuse to speak any other language but their own...

They remind me of...Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe