Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2021, 03:22 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,587,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
However the general public who aren't regular gymgoers are gullible enough to believe having a personal trainer, chef, 'supplements', and not having a FT job are enough to have a physique that could grace a Fitness magazine.

Lots of health & fitness magazines emphasize self care tho....especially for their ads. You don’t need to be a full time gym goer to promote a nutritional product, have a fit body, or appear in a fitness magazine. edit: AND...celebrities on the cover will have interviews about their routine in the magazine...to show avg ppl you don’t need all that to be fit & healthy ofc.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 02-19-2021 at 03:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2021, 03:59 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,001,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
Bodyfat. It's all about the diet. Working out and building muscle of course, but the diet displays the results. I am a small girl and a natural athlete. I have done fitness modeling and when friends ask to see pictures, they get those pictures. They comment on how feminine they look. It is because they are off-season pictures. When they see competition pictures, they say "is that you?" and wonder how I got so big all of a sudden. That is the diet and dehydration. It is unattainable to stay that way but boy does it change your look. An anatomy chart shows a normal person with no skin or fat and all you see is muscle. That is the purpose of the months of dieting and peaking for a contest is to become like an anatomy chart. As. A female, I prefer not such a lean look. It doesn't look feminine, but like training for a marathon or any sport, the end result of "not ordinary" is the goal. Natural male bodybuilders or physique athletes look pretty unreal when peaking for a show. No drugs needed.
So what's your routine to get ultra-lean for a show? I read an article by a guy who did Men's Health covers. He said to get ultra shredded for the shoot, he'd eat half a baked potato the night before. Said it sucked a lot of the water out of his system.

--

Old 02-20-2021, 09:58 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,721,342 times
Quote:
Hair. They destroy hair. Men and women. I don't name names for the women as this has to be hard for them, but I could give you a list of professional female bodybuilders that wear wigs and are bald. One is bald on her Instagram, has a tattooed head and displays it proudly.

Pro bodybuilding men have to take propecia and other drugs, Rogaine, do hair transplants, along with their standard drug use to try to combat hairloss and if they have too much of the genetics indicating hair loss, it is a lost cause.

Okay. This is steroid use in general and heavy use. Look up Tom Prince, Flex Wheeler, Mike Mazorotto, Dallas Mccarver and google professional bodybuilders that have died from kidney failure, heart attacks. Dallas Mccarver had a beautiful physique at age 26 and was described as having the organs of an 80 year old man. He died at 26. All these guys were physically beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Tom Prince was a marvel.

Steroids used properly, as in very small amounts - you'll have the hair issues, that is about it probably.

I don't know or care how much steroid usage celebrities do, or if they do, but they would also have to be taking the drugs to save their hair.
well, women are a little different than men since women only have a tiny amount of testosterone naturally. when they add it, the effects are going to be more pronounced. their voice deepens, clitoris grows, im sure more body hair growth and i would also guess some male type baldness. but that is also people using more of it and stronger versions of it. many women use steroids with minimal sides.

for men, yeah it expedites baldness but other sides are going to be minimal if they take precautions. most people arent packing on 260+ pounds of pure muscle mass. they are also throwing in a variety of things like hgh and stuff that i dont remember what it is.

your casual users and even more regular users like athletes are going to see minimal sides.

Old 02-20-2021, 10:33 AM

10,352 posts, read 8,578,998 times
Quote:
Bodyfat. It's all about the diet. Working out and building muscle of course, but the diet displays the results. I am a small girl and a natural athlete. I have done fitness modeling and when friends ask to see pictures, they get those pictures. They comment on how feminine they look. It is because they are off-season pictures. When they see competition pictures, they say "is that you?" and wonder how I got so big all of a sudden. That is the diet and dehydration. It is unattainable to stay that way but boy does it change your look. An anatomy chart shows a normal person with no skin or fat and all you see is muscle. That is the purpose of the months of dieting and peaking for a contest is to become like an anatomy chart. As. A female, I prefer not such a lean look. It doesn't look feminine, but like training for a marathon or any sport, the end result of "not ordinary" is the goal. Natural male bodybuilders or physique athletes look pretty unreal when peaking for a show. No drugs needed.
True.
When brad Pitt did the movie Troy he looked great but weighed in at 155 lbs. most people have the muscle but the fat layers hide the definition.
I’d love to see those picture. Your can block out the face if you want.

Old 02-20-2021, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Natural male bodybuilders or physique athletes look pretty unreal when peaking for a show. No drugs needed.
natural male bodybuilders use steroids. they will just use quick acting stuff like test suspension so that it is in and out of their system quickly. lots of injections but you can pass a test on relatively short notice if needed.

Old 02-22-2021, 05:59 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,462,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790 View Post
So what's your routine to get ultra-lean for a show? I read an article by a guy who did Men's Health covers. He said to get ultra shredded for the shoot, he'd eat half a baked potato the night before. Said it sucked a lot of the water out of his system.

--
I can tell you our routine. The first stage was to diet to a point where you have stripped off fat to where your muscles are visible. It was always a much more difficult process for the women (a group of us trained for shows under a trainer). The week before a show, we would sodium or carb deplete depending on how our trainer assessed we reacted to sodium or carbs. Four days before, we started Celucor brand natural diuretic. Three days (on a Thurs) we would drop water to just sips. The night before a show, the men usually ate a muffin and the day of a show, the women would eat peanut butter and fruit spread. We would be so dried out that once you got to the pump room, your vascularity would just pop after the peanut butter feed. My boss came with me to a show and was so amazed at the transformation, she would talk about it in staff meetings.
The whole process, while exciting to compete, was miserable. That is why, as I have gotten older, I can't seem to really drum up the inspiration to do another competition although in a sense I would love to. Most people burn out after awhile, not because of the training or cardio, but because of that process.

Old 02-22-2021, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
True.
When brad Pitt did the movie Troy he looked great but weighed in at 155 lbs. most people have the muscle but the fat layers hide the definition.
I’d love to see those picture. Your can block out the face if you want.
LOL. The block out of eyes or face look silly. If I am going to show pics, I will just show the whole deal.
I competed as a bodybuilder and was tracked (as were other competitors) by photographers that attended the shows or saw fitness sites at the time for shoots. I was a model for a natural fitness site at the time that doesn't exist today and some photographer fitness sites. I met my husband because of one of those sites.

The most marketable women that do fitness model shoots today are the bikini competitors. With Instagram and tik tok, trends have changed. Facebook has taken over websites. I had my own fitness website as did other competitors.

I have shared my pics with one cd person here and only one. And only ever one. I just picked the person because I happen to like their writing style, makes me laugh is actually intelligent and being I choose friends based on personality, it was just one of those things. I will never share with anyone else. Maybe that person is a meth addict that lives in an alley but I like to abide by my personal impulsive "just because" rules, and you are nice aslododge, but I do my rules. So I can say here that I am legit and there is a witness somewhere out here, that if they ever read this, knows it is true. A secret witness.

Old 02-22-2021, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
well, women are a little different than men since women only have a tiny amount of testosterone naturally. when they add it, the effects are going to be more pronounced. their voice deepens, clitoris grows, im sure more body hair growth and i would also guess some male type baldness. but that is also people using more of it and stronger versions of it. many women use steroids with minimal sides.

for men, yeah it expedites baldness but other sides are going to be minimal if they take precautions. most people arent packing on 260+ pounds of pure muscle mass. they are also throwing in a variety of things like hgh and stuff that i dont remember what it is.

your casual users and even more regular users like athletes are going to see minimal sides.
I told my reasons for choosing not to and some examples of real bodybuilders with health issues or have died because of a comment on their safety (or whatever). People can choose to use or not to use, doesn't affect my choices. If you feel this is beneficial for you or others, no one is stopping you. You are entitled to your opinions or facts.

Old 02-22-2021, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
natural male bodybuilders use steroids. they will just use quick acting stuff like test suspension so that it is in and out of their system quickly. lots of injections but you can pass a test on relatively short notice if needed.
Oh. Okay.

Old 02-23-2021, 10:59 AM

Quote:
I told my reasons for choosing not to and some examples of real bodybuilders with health issues or have died because of a comment on their safety (or whatever). People can choose to use or not to use, doesn't affect my choices. If you feel this is beneficial for you or others, no one is stopping you. You are entitled to your opinions or facts.
sure, i appreciate your input and just adding. no biggie. there are examples of people who dont use steroids with similar health issues. every individual is different and also the usage of a heavyweight bodybuilder isnt going to be the same as a casual user. pretty much every single pro athlete is using steroids or other performance enhancement drugs. that is going for most college players and high level high school also. the use of steroids is much more prevalent than people think. the sides and potential negative affects are there but they are greatly exaggerated.

people can decide for themselves what they want to or dont want to do. i dont make recommendations on it, just try to share facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness