Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 09:19 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,637,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
All reports I've been reading have said that Ben Affleck only had five months to prepare for Superman. Now we've all seen the pics of him looking stacked. Could you really go from looking the way he did to that in five months without assistance?

Henry Cavill I might be willing to believe that he did his growth naturally. He was already pretty toned and supposedly accomplished his feat in seven months. Is that possible, Eddie?
Do you have a picture of Ben affleck before he started lifting for batman(not superman, lol)? He's been big before in the past, for the movie about Boston where he was a thief, can't remember the name but he was jacked in that and it was a semi-recent movie. Argo he was always wearing multiple layers but he didn't look small.

Most of these guys already had muscle built up to some degree. I can say from personal experience that when you lay off the weight room for a few months you can really deflate, but even a few weeks of consistent lifting makes a huge difference in appearance again. You don't fully lose it, it just kind of goes into hibernation. Let alone 5-12 months to work on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 08:56 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,006,539 times
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/jake-gy...899564937.html

Jake Gyllenhaal, 15 lbs of muscle between losing 25lbs to play a skinny weirdo in Nightcrawler.

Any thoughts? Possible without assistance?

Old 11-30-2014, 04:34 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,834,047 times
Do not know but he is only 34. I thought OP was referring to 45+.

I just saw the pic in the //www.city-data.com/forum/movie...l#post37461883 thread

I know someone age 48-50 who looks like that. Took 1.5 years all natural.

Last edited by Felix C; 11-30-2014 at 05:13 AM..

Old 11-30-2014, 02:53 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,051,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Do not know but he is only 34. I thought OP was referring to 45+.

I just saw the pic in the //www.city-data.com/forum/movie...l#post37461883 thread

I know someone age 48-50 who looks like that. Took 1.5 years all natural.
Pretty much the 30s is when t-levels start declining in men.

Old 11-30-2014, 06:21 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,982,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
I find it so odd that everyone willingly accepts the fact that celebrities can be hopped up on drugs just to simply exist, yet I feel that whenever I mention that actors may very well use weight loss drugs or steroids to be in shape for roles they scoff as if they believed that celebrities are all of a sudden moral authorities and that they would never do things THAT way.

To be fair I don't think steroids or other illegal aides in body composition goals are immoral. I believe if someone has the resources to buy steroids, they can do whatever they want with their body.

However, if you look at how jacked Hugh Jackman gets for his roles so quickly, or how fast middle aged Ben Affleck is in shape for Batman, you really wonder what is stopping them from using illegal drugs to get in shape? If Hollywood actors are able to use drugs like cocaine and heroin I see no reason why steroids or other illegal body composition enhancing drugs would be out of reach or "wrong" to them. I remember back when The Office was on and how quickly a truly pregnant Jenna Fischer (Pam Halpert) lost so much weight post-baby. I was talking about this with someone and their response was "well celebs can afford all the personal training in the world so this is why". Of course they can and do, but I also don't see what is so far-fetched about celebs getting in shape in lightning fast time by simply just "eating right and exercising". Especially middle aged celebrities. All people 35 and up know for a fact it is no fast process to lose weight.

Anyway, I just wonder what you guys think about this.

P.S. Before anyone starts to argue with me about the meaning of "natural", I realize androgenic anabolic steroids are made from natural compounds. I meant "natural" (and I put quotes for a reason) in the sense that organizations that ban drugs such as steroids call "natural".
Not to downplay the hard work that many celebrities do to maintain their bodies, but yes, obviously, they will do whatever is necessary to get their next million dollar role or to get their initial break for that matter! Seriously, think about it... you would too wouldn't you?

This isn't even debatable in my opinion. Why did Arnold or Sylvester do just about every steroid or related chemical (and still use them today)?... to give them an edge so they could enjoy success/make more money.

If you think the young male actors in today's teen-targeted movies aren't likewise doing this before they have shirt-off scenes, you need to get your head out of your butt... it's obvious. Unless you are born on a farm or in a gym, you are not going to be a 12 year old with a man's physique no matter what your genes are... unless you are taking something. When I see the young teen actors today pull off their shirts to reveal completely ripped abs, I know exactly what I am seeing... the effects of fat burning steroids.

How I know this is from direct knowledge... fat will literally burn off your body with the right chemicals and just a little exercise (whether you are a male or female). If I hadn't experienced it myself, I certainly wouldn't be talking about it. If I hadn't spent most of my youth as the skinny/underdeveloped looking kid and then saw a major transformation, I wouldn't be here talking about it. It's for real, it didn't screw up my health long term, and I didn't have HRT for very long at all... we're talking just short of a year. Once the fat melted off, it never came back either, years later because of proper diet and exercise. I have worked for my body, but hell, no reasonable amount of work gave me the results I saw with just some brief and prescribed chemical enhancement in combination with regular exercise to take advantage of it.

Now all that stated, I pose a unique question to you... so what? What's the big deal? When you wake up and realize that most of the drug-related laws that exist in the US are detrimental and not helpful to the citizens, and when you wake up and realize that many of today's chemicals used to enhance athletic ability don't actually kill you (but do the opposite), the real question is "so what if someone decides to break the law to take them?" The laws generally suck in regards to these things. Some people via genetics produce more hormones beneficial to athletic performance, other people do not... there's no such thing as a level playing field in my opinion because everyone has a different genetic structure even in the natural arena. So I think we should stop putting our heads in a hole on this topic and act like a athletic drug-free environment is fair to everyone... it's not. The related drug laws are antiquated and ridiculous and everyone with half a brain and any experience with these substances know it.

If you doubt the effectiveness or safety of steroids, just research online what you need to say and do to get a legit steroid prescription from a licensed medical professional. Anyone can do it, and indeed you may have low level of hormones leading to depression or chronic fatigue as I legitimately did, so it will benefit you in ways other than fat burning. If YOU want to get shredded (bodybuilding term for being able to see your abs and other muscles without fat hiding them)... this is a method which works people. I always wanted to "have abs" but never did as a kid or even a young adult and I was told by my father it wasn't in his genes and thus I surmised not likely in mine... but I got them and it didn't take a long time nor did I have to become chemically dependent the rest of my life. Just my two cents folks...

Old 11-30-2014, 08:12 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,051,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post
Not to downplay the hard work that many celebrities do to maintain their bodies, but yes, obviously, they will do whatever is necessary to get their next million dollar role or to get their initial break for that matter! Seriously, think about it... you would too wouldn't you?

This isn't even debatable in my opinion. Why did Arnold or Sylvester do just about every steroid or related chemical (and still use them today)?... to give them an edge so they could enjoy success/make more money.

If you think the young male actors in today's teen-targeted movies aren't likewise doing this before they have shirt-off scenes, you need to get your head out of your butt... it's obvious. Unless you are born on a farm or in a gym, you are not going to be a 12 year old with a man's physique no matter what your genes are... unless you are taking something. When I see the young teen actors today pull off their shirts to reveal completely ripped abs, I know exactly what I am seeing... the effects of fat burning steroids.

How I know this is from direct knowledge... fat will literally burn off your body with the right chemicals and just a little exercise (whether you are a male or female). If I hadn't experienced it myself, I certainly wouldn't be talking about it. If I hadn't spent most of my youth as the skinny/underdeveloped looking kid and then saw a major transformation, I wouldn't be here talking about it. It's for real, it didn't screw up my health long term, and I didn't have HRT for very long at all... we're talking just short of a year. Once the fat melted off, it never came back either, years later because of proper diet and exercise. I have worked for my body, but hell, no reasonable amount of work gave me the results I saw with just some brief and prescribed chemical enhancement in combination with regular exercise to take advantage of it.

Now all that stated, I pose a unique question to you... so what? What's the big deal? When you wake up and realize that most of the drug-related laws that exist in the US are detrimental and not helpful to the citizens, and when you wake up and realize that many of today's chemicals used to enhance athletic ability don't actually kill you (but do the opposite), the real question is "so what if someone decides to break the law to take them?" The laws generally suck in regards to these things. Some people via genetics produce more hormones beneficial to athletic performance, other people do not... there's no such thing as a level playing field in my opinion because everyone has a different genetic structure even in the natural arena. So I think we should stop putting our heads in a hole on this topic and act like a athletic drug-free environment is fair to everyone... it's not. The related drug laws are antiquated and ridiculous and everyone with half a brain and any experience with these substances know it.

If you doubt the effectiveness or safety of steroids, just research online what you need to say and do to get a legit steroid prescription from a licensed medical professional. Anyone can do it, and indeed you may have low level of hormones leading to depression or chronic fatigue as I legitimately did, so it will benefit you in ways other than fat burning. If YOU want to get shredded (bodybuilding term for being able to see your abs and other muscles without fat hiding them)... this is a method which works people. I always wanted to "have abs" but never did as a kid or even a young adult and I was told by my father it wasn't in his genes and thus I surmised not likely in mine... but I got them and it didn't take a long time nor did I have to become chemically dependent the rest of my life. Just my two cents folks...
I agree that there isn't a moral dilemma here. People just need to stop believing all it takes is working out for hours and hiring personal chefs.

Old 11-30-2014, 09:09 PM

29,511 posts, read 22,630,868 times
The Rock, that guy has to be on the juice.

I mean, look at his background, Division 1 university football player, professional wrestler, and in his Fast and Furious roles he's huge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx_AAmRQvgs

Old 12-01-2014, 06:00 PM

35 posts, read 59,723 times
Eating all those meals cannot be healthy. Your body never gets an opportunity to detox itself. Your muscles don't recycle.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post

That's great and all, but plenty of people have gotten shredded and strong without any chemical help.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The Rock, that guy has to be on the juice.

I mean, look at his background, Division 1 university football player, professional wrestler, and in his Fast and Furious roles he's huge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx_AAmRQvgs
He is part Samoan, so he's definitely got the genes required. He works very very hard at it, but he's also massive. Personally I don't care if he uses anything or not, you don't get to his size without a ton of dedication either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness