Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2014, 10:19 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
Nice, using pictures from when he was a teenager to prove your point.
The one on the left is not of him as a teen. The point was to show that he was never a big guy to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2014, 10:56 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,845,569 times
Quote:
So much broscience in this post. Revving metabolism, don't eat carbs after 2pm, eat 6x a day, weight lifting 2x a day... jesus dude. You are a drone of the fitness industry.
I believe Eddie was being facetious.

Well he did omit using Jacked 3D or Cellucor C4 or Cardiac Arrest Ephedrine rush.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:18 AM

4,792 posts, read 6,063,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
I believe Eddie was being facetious.

Well he did omit using Jacked 3D or Cellucor C4 or Cardiac Arrest Ephedrine rush.
I'm not up on what the kids are using these days. I stopped using Bodybuilding.com about 7 years ago.

Though as far as Cellucor goes, I think I should have thrown in some P6 in that stack.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Nice, using pictures from when he was a teenager to prove your point.
He wasn't a teenager.

Of course, if you could find me pictures of him from his 20s (like I did) where he was a "beast" prior to Thor (because ya know, actors don't work out, ever), I'd love to see it. Even if he WAS a teenager, are we to believe that somehow he went from being a long limbed skinny ectomorph to being some jacked up beast by simply turning 20???

Old 11-18-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
So much broscience in this post. Revving metabolism, don't eat carbs after 2pm, eat 6x a day, weight lifting 2x a day... jesus dude. You are a drone of the fitness industry.
The sarcasm is lost on you, young padawan.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:33 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
If a Hollywood studio was going to hook me up with a personal trainer and pay me to work out then I would probably get off this computer and go hit the gym.
Getting fit is part of an actors job sometimes.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
If a Hollywood studio was going to hook me up with a personal trainer and pay me to work out then I would probably get off this computer and go hit the gym.
Getting fit is part of an actors job sometimes.
I don't care how many ideal scenarios exist in life. Putting on 20 lb. of muscle in a year for an adult man is next to impossible unless he has "assistance". Even pro BBers (who do it for a living) don't put on that much muscle so quickly. And all they do is work out, eat, sleep, and they even have trainers to boot. Ever heard of Charlie Glass? Bodybuilders are a prime example that if it can't happen for them, it can't happen for some naturally skinny guy who was most likely a Theater Major.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:22 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
Exactly. I don't know why people insist that these actors accomplished their feats through "sheer determination"? Its not possible. If it isn't possible for real full time body builders it isn't possible for these actors without assistance. I don't know how much clearer it has to be said.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:16 PM

463 posts, read 559,941 times
When I saw Ben Affleck (who had trained for the new Batman) meltdown on Bill Maher's recent debate about Islam, I knew right there was little too much testosterone floating around his body, courtesy of Vitamin S.

Physically you could notice all the tell-tale signs of steroid/HGH use on Ben. Easily irritable, puffy face, his skin looked reddish and flushed.

Tons of "big/ripped" guys at my gym use also. How is it that I am below 150 and can lift close to or as much as guys with nearly 20-30 more pounds of muscle packed on. Besides the dead giveaways like back-ne and abnormally broad shoulders, any guy that can put on a ton of pure muscle in a short-period of time, 9 times out of ten, is using steroids/HGH.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:58 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,378,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go-getta-J View Post
When I saw Ben Affleck (who had trained for the new Batman) meltdown on Bill Maher's recent debate about Islam, I knew right there was little too much testosterone floating around his body, courtesy of Vitamin S.

Physically you could notice all the tell-tale signs of steroid/HGH use on Ben. Easily irritable, puffy face, his skin looked reddish and flushed.

Tons of "big/ripped" guys at my gym use also. How is it that I am below 150 and can lift close to or as much as guys with nearly 20-30 more pounds of muscle packed on. Besides the dead giveaways like back-ne and abnormally broad shoulders, any guy that can put on a ton of pure muscle in a short-period of time, 9 times out of ten, is using steroids/HGH.
Because your form sucks or they clearly aren't focusing just on lifting the weight. Or you focus on strength training and they could care less.

Whatever the "reason" is, someone on steroids 20 - 30lbs heavier than you, who is not, is going to be stronger 9 times outta 10, all given things equal.

Steroids don't just add muscle, they also add strength..

Every other "sign" you mention I'd agree with. However some guys do have "bacne" regardless. Heck, many guys have gynomastia before ever touching a steroid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness