Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 08:12 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,732,248 times

Advertisements

I think ugly people are frowned upon in today's age because there are plenty of ways to correct "ugliness". People are just lazy do not take the initiative. If you are overweight get on a diet, workout and work towards a goal. If you are physical deformed look into getting reconstructive surgery. If you have bad teeth, go to dentist get corrected, so on etc. People can tell by simply looking at others if they TRY or not. It isn't the sight that is ugly, it's the fact that they do not try that is ugly (maybe a little of both). Happiness can overcome ugliness, if other people accept each other for who they are and are happy they will have no problems living the lives they do.

There's also mental/emotional ugliness, but that's a different conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 08:57 AM

264 posts, read 350,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Everyone acts like ugliness isn't a big deal. People act as if ugliness doesn't play a major part or hindrance in less attractive people's lives. People get treated on how they look. Attractive people get more privileges and get away with alot more things in general then their less attractive counterparts.

Superficial beauty is ingrained in our society to be the most important quality in people.

Why do people deny this? Is the truth to harsh to bare?

Less attractive men have less active sex lives, fewer friends and on average make less money.
This statement is objective.
Whats my point?

The truth is most people care about what someone looks like then what they have to say. As long as your not a total nut job, or mentally handicapped the better you look the better your life will be as long as you have common sense and some wit about you.

If your one of those 30 year old virgins maybe the problem isn't your game, maybe the problem is in the mirror.

In fact alot of people HATE ugly people just for the mere fact your ugly. They do not want to be associated with them, talk to them, touch them, or even acknowledge them. Women especially hate ugly men especially the really attractive women.

What society also doesn't tell you is that someone who is deemed ugly is permanently ugly which is also a lie. Unless you are physically deformed EVERYONE has the potential to look good. EVERYONE HAS UNIQUE CHARACTERISTICS AND AN INNER BEAUTY THAT CAN BE BROUGHT TO LIFE WITH PROPER MAINTENANCE. Imagine Hallie berry with acne all over her face, discolored teeth, discolored skin, and overweight with stretch marks. She has to maintain her image. Cosmetics has come a LOOONg way. I'm not talking nose jobs or lipal suction. I'm talking about braces or teeth whitening. Hitting the gym and using the proper facial cleaner products.

The point is....society is focused on how you present yourself and what you look like. Now bring on the flames and denial.

Looks fade with time, choose one who's beauty is within so that they will be beautiful all the days of their and your life for that is a greater asset than gold.

1 Peter 3:3-4
3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
KJV

Old 11-21-2013, 09:06 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
I think ugly people are frowned upon in today's age because there are plenty of ways to correct "ugliness". People are just lazy do not take the initiative. If you are overweight get on a diet, workout and work towards a goal. If you are physical deformed look into getting reconstructive surgery. If you have bad teeth, go to dentist get corrected, so on etc. People can tell by simply looking at others if they TRY or not. It isn't the sight that is ugly, it's the fact that they do not try that is ugly (maybe a little of both). Happiness can overcome ugliness, if other people accept each other for who they are and are happy they will have no problems living the lives they do.

You do realize that dentistry, especially cosmetic dentistry is extremely expensive.

Your comments disgust me actually. They are far uglier than any human being walking around out there who has to live life tormented by people like you.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:25 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,344,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Hmm. I never considered myself an ...attractive...guy. Perbaps not "ugly" per se, but certainly not a type that snaps womens heads around on looks alone. Yet, I'm happy with myself, and could care less how my looks are rated by anyone. That I am not a model type male, gracing the co er of some magazine, with women throwing themselves at me, doesn't make me walk with my head down, or fill me with bitterness about the "beautiful peoples" standards for looks.

Matter of fact, I'm pretty rough bit. My hair is pretty long at tbe monent, I wear well worn jeans daily, and my hat is well used. I have a lot of scars from various adventures with livestock and other things, and I know my face shows the weather its seen. Hell, I LIKE me. Just ghe way I am.

Ya know, when I think about it, I interact with a lot of very pretty women. Of all ages. Medi al pros of various types, who are a part of helping me deal with the conditions my mispent, very physical and dangerous life have left me with. Not a one even hints at being repulsed by me.

I hold a high humor, and we laugh and joke through even grim procedures. Several close friendships and an occasional lover have happened over the years, and having asked a couple of these quite attractive ladies what they saw in a guy like me, I usually heard, "there's just ...something...about you". That something sure ain't looks. Lmao.

Relax pard. Be yourself. Be proud of who you are. Sure, there's segments of people that judge on looks alone, and the hell with them. Real ladies like fun guys. Because a woman has drop dead looks does not mean she is shallow out of hand. And, there are SO many just delightful women in the world. Just remember, they are human, just like you. They like to laugh, and get through their days and not get a ton of negativity dumped on them.

You don't have to be Brad Pitt to make someone smile or laugh, or to be comfortable in your own hide.
That's awesome. There truly ARE people out there that do not judge you based on your looks. Also, birds of a feather flock together. Some areas of society are more superficial, while other areas are more accepting.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post

Mental and emotional ugliness is far worse than physical ugliness.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:57 AM

4,040 posts, read 7,440,219 times
Quote:
Everyone acts like ugliness isn't a big deal. People act as if ugliness doesn't play a major part or hindrance in less attractive people's lives. People get treated on how they look. Attractive people get more privileges and get away with alot more things in general then their less attractive counterparts.

Superficial beauty is ingrained in our society to be the most important quality in people.

Why do people deny this? Is the truth to harsh to bare?

Less attractive men have less active sex lives, fewer friends and on average make less money.
This statement is objective.
Whats my point?

The truth is most people care about what someone looks like then what they have to say. As long as your not a total nut job, or mentally handicapped the better you look the better your life will be as long as you have common sense and some wit about you.

If your one of those 30 year old virgins maybe the problem isn't your game, maybe the problem is in the mirror.

In fact alot of people HATE ugly people just for the mere fact your ugly. They do not want to be associated with them, talk to them, touch them, or even acknowledge them. Women especially hate ugly men especially the really attractive women.

What society also doesn't tell you is that someone who is deemed ugly is permanently ugly which is also a lie. Unless you are physically deformed EVERYONE has the potential to look good. EVERYONE HAS UNIQUE CHARACTERISTICS AND AN INNER BEAUTY THAT CAN BE BROUGHT TO LIFE WITH PROPER MAINTENANCE. Imagine Hallie berry with acne all over her face, discolored teeth, discolored skin, and overweight with stretch marks. She has to maintain her image. Cosmetics has come a LOOONg way. I'm not talking nose jobs or lipal suction. I'm talking about braces or teeth whitening. Hitting the gym and using the proper facial cleaner products.

The point is....society is focused on how you present yourself and what you look like. Now bring on the flames and denial.
I hear your pain and I get the point of the rant but this:

"Women especially hate ugly men especially the really attractive women".

...is BS.

If you are to apply this line of thinking, the other way around is probably much closer to reality.
"Men, especially, hate ugly women. Or fat."

In fact, even those men who are not successful and not attractive themselves feel, somewhere, deep down, that they are entitled to a "cutie".

Show most women a heavy paycheck and a "winner/alpha male" type of attitude and they couldn't care less about how "physically cute" the guy is.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:00 AM

4,040 posts, read 7,440,219 times
Quote:
ME too. When I fixed my acne and cleared up my skin and put on some muscle I became much more bitter.

Now you want to talk to me. People disgust me sometimes. Whats crazy is that it was like 85% of people changed.

Because of my appearance you want to hold the freaking door for me like a bellman but before most people would let it shut in my face. All of a sudden I have girls flicking their hair in my face or touching me without my permission but before they would look at me like I killed their brother. People who would serve me food, rude waitresses and waiters or now trying to make practical conversation? Really? Did I win the noble peace prize? Did I serve in iraq? Did I cure cancer? I changed my appearance. Women especially treat you like a god when your attractive. I can't tell you the countless times I have had women let me cut in front of them in lines in a grocery store and then they try to make conversations. Women have WAAAY better game then men do. A women will make an intimate connection with a man before he's even aware of her intentions. In fact the first time she lays eyes on you and she deems you a fit mate your practically married already.

I can't tell you how many times my arms has been touched in a friendly gesture by a women, or how many times a women accidently so happenly dropped her purse or grocery to bend over in front of me and pick it up.

How many times a girl has walked in front of me back and forth switching her hips and flicking her hair in order for me to get her notice her. How many times I ignore texts and still she pursues.

Whats crazy is that if I had never been ugly I would never know the little subtle games women play in order to insnare a man. They are very very cunning. It's because of my "former life" that I know the difference in treatment. I know when a women is looking at me because her eyes roll away at the last second all it takes is a high a few corny jokes and thats all she wrote.

What changed nothing but my appearance.

People are so fake and shallow its disgusting sometimes.

Had I not been unattractive at some point in my life I wouldn't see the signs and I would have a very skewed view of the world and probably share the same perspective of some of these other posters on this thead.
Dude, you live in a highly superficial, anti-cerebral, anti-intellectual culture. What the heck did you expect?

Old 11-21-2013, 12:04 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times
Let's just say, being an unattractive woman is a lot more detrimental than it is for a male.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:26 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,025,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syracusa View Post
Dude, you live in a highly superficial, anti-cerebral, anti-intellectual culture. What the heck did you expect?
Otherwise known as the United States of America.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syracusa View Post
I hear your pain and I get the point of the rant but this:

"Women especially hate ugly men especially the really attractive women".

...is BS.

If you are to apply this line of thinking, the other way around is probably much closer to reality.
"Men, especially, hate ugly women. Or fat."

In fact, even those men who are not successful and not attractive themselves feel, somewhere, deep down, that they are entitled to a "cutie".

Show most women a heavy paycheck and a "winner/alpha male" type of attitude and they couldn't care less about how "physically cute" the guy is.
I have to agree with this actually. While people were generally mean in my ugly days, the women were a little more polite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty